main page of Trade Cards OnlineTrade Cards Online

The safest place to trade, buy, and sell cards

bulletin boards

TIP Browse your collector binders online! You can see your collection graphically as if you had your binders on the web, and you can sort them in different ways.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Storm Genji XX issue

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Duel Masters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gunlaner

Canceled user

Subject: Storm Genji XX issue   PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:53 pm Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I would like to ask you this question about the card mentioned above. As you all know, the psychic creature can only evolve on top of psychic creatures that has the total cost of 20 or more, and you can summon it anytime as long as a psychic creature is put in the bz or awakened.
So I have a question for all of you, and please reply if you can.
What happens when you are able to summon the creature at the start of the turn before drawing any cards? Can it be awakened?
shuriken6
Apprentice
Apprentice

Subject: Re: Storm Genji XX issue   PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:59 pm Reply with quote

gunlaner wrote:
Hi everyone, I would like to ask you this question about the card mentioned above. As you all know, the psychic creature can only evolve on top of psychic creatures that has the total cost of 20 or more, and you can summon it anytime as long as a psychic creature is put in the bz or awakened.
So I have a question for all of you, and please reply if you can.
What happens when you are able to summon the creature at the start of the turn before drawing any cards? Can it be awakened?

I actually had to read this a few times to understand it, but i think i got it. Basically ur asking if you managed to get a psychic creature awakened at the start of the turn (At this point adding to 20 or more), evolving them into Storm Genji XX (due to its effect, because technically it doesnt say when it can be summoned)and since it's still the start of the turn, to use it's meteorburn to awaken it:

Well I've never been in a situation like this before, but i wouldn't say no to it; due to the fact that its meteorburn effect doesnt activate when it attacks, rather at the start of your turn (which is chained by the previous awakening and evolution, which all happened during the start of the turn.) But if i had to say No, then it'd be due to Storm Genji's summoning. Other than that i technically see it as a valid play. Hope that helps Very Happy
gunlaner

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:06 pm Reply with quote

thanks for your opinion, and i apologise for making you re-read the post to understand. i think it is easier to put it this way.

Does Storm Genji XX awaken after it is evolved on enough psychic creatures at the start of the turn? assuming that one of the psychic creatures awakens at the start of the turn.
shuriken6
Apprentice
Apprentice

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:09 pm Reply with quote

gunlaner wrote:
thanks for your opinion, and i apologise for making you re-read the post to understand. i think it is easier to put it this way.

Does Storm Genji XX awaken after it is evolved on enough psychic creatures at the start of the turn? assuming that one of the psychic creatures awakens at the start of the turn.

lol not a problem, but someone has to confirm my opinion because even im not 100% sure; however, this is the only game i've played where there are an infinite amount of loopholes and strategies, so like i said, this very well could b valid
gunlaner

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:17 am Reply with quote

yeah but if lets say that if you can summon it and awaken it at the same time makes it the most imba combo ever made
shuriken6
Apprentice
Apprentice

Subject: Like i said   PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:08 am Reply with quote

gunlaner wrote:
yeah but if lets say that if you can summon it and awaken it at the same time makes it the most imba combo ever made

The game has an infinite amount of combos and possibilities and quite a few imbalanced combos at that. Try posting this topic on duelzone.org, they might be able to come up with an answer that might be different, if not the same as my opinion
gunlaner

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:08 pm Reply with quote

ok, i ask you a question,
is there any difference when the card says
" at the begining of your turn" and
" at the start of your turn".
to me there seems to be no difference in them.
shuriken6
Apprentice
Apprentice

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:55 pm Reply with quote

gunlaner wrote:
ok, i ask you a question,
is there any difference when the card says
" at the begining of your turn" and
" at the start of your turn".
to me there seems to be no difference in them.

not that i know of, if anything, start of your turn is before you do anything (before you untap mana and draw) but beginning and start is more than likely a translation thing
gunlaner

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:22 am Reply with quote

that is what i thought of also, but it seems that there are many ppl who i know saying that they are the same.

actually the deck i have come up with for this combo is easy to combo and to break. once you cannot get the combo activated its over already, but once you got the combo its almost an instant win.
true_og

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:12 pm Reply with quote

I'm afraid you can't.
The moment your turn starts, all your "at the start" or "at the beginning of your turn" effects trigger, and then activate in any order that you choose. I think that's clear.

Let's say that you have an unawakened Romanoff Zeta in your battle zone, and your turn is starting. Now, do you have the Genji AT THE VERY MOMENT? No, it is put into the battle zone after you awaken Romanoff, and so is not present in the battle zone during the very start of the turn. Thus, its effect does not trigger.

That's what I think. I'm pretty sure that it's the correct answer. However, in case of difficult problems with rulings it is wise to ask in the Rules and Rulings section of the duelzone forums. Ryoma_Echizen, guy who translates all the japanese cards to english, will be glad to answer all your questions. And since he is the one who knows Japanese and has access to all the japanese wikias and stuff, what he says is always most likely true.

Regards.
gunlaner

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:00 pm Reply with quote

i know that you can evolve it when there is a creature awakened or put in the bz.
ok how about storm XX, temporal storm?
the effect is at the beginning of your turn for it to awaken
so now i would be asking you again, is there a difference between "at the start of the turn" and "at the beginning of your turn"
oh and i've asked him already, but i am still not convinced yet as there are not many ppl responding yet appart from 3 ppl
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Duel Masters All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: