main page of Trade Cards OnlineTrade Cards Online

The safest place to trade, buy, and sell cards

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Malefic combos

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> YuGiOh! Card Strategy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hmugford
Apprentice
Apprentice

Subject: Malefic combos   PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:42 am Reply with quote

Hi all, trying to put together a malefic deck and would love advice for some stock spells & traps to use. Lacking a Malefic Stardust and Malefic Truth as well, if anyone has one send me a message.
sl1ferm4ster
Guru
Guru

Subject: Re: Malefic combos   PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:06 am Reply with quote

I have a few Malefic monsters you can trade/buy off me.

As far as tips, here's some good tips.

1) Deck LOTS of field spells, especially Malefic World. Since your Malefics are Dark Dragons, you can also use Mountain and Mystic Plasma Zone to give them a power-boost. You can also use Future Vision and Magical Citadel of Endymion. FV sends any normal-summoned monsters ahead one turn; meaning that if you normal summon a monster, it's removed from play until your next Standby Phase. However, since Malefics are Special Summoned, they're immune to FV's effect.

2) Use cards that help protect your Field, such as Malefic Stardust or (the most popular choice) Field Barrier. You can also use the "Spell Reclamation" trap card. Activate it when you activate the Field Spell. If the Field Spell should leave the field, then it's returned to your hand.

3) Another good choice is the promo card Z-One. When it's destroyed while face-down, you can add one Field spell or Continuous Spell from your graveyard to your hand.

4) Since Malefics rely on removing the original monster from play, use cards that bring back the removed-from-play cards, such as Different Dimension Revival or Burial from a Different Dimension.

5) Have as many Terraforming cards as you can decked! It allow you to add any Field Spell to your hand from your Deck.

I hope this helps!!
yugioh_mom

Canceled user

Subject: malefic combos   PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:01 am Reply with quote

one of the most popular combos that has topped a ycs is geartown. use 3 geartowns along with 2 gadgiltron dragon and 2 necrovalley with 3 commandant and 3 terraforming and that pretty much gets you set up for the field spell.

since most malefic decks run skill drain (as if it is on the field and have a malefic monster you dont need a field spell) you should un beast king barbaros. while skill dain is on the field he goes to 3000, and even without skill drain 1900 is a hefty atk stat.

for malefic monsters besure to include 3 malefic cyber end and 3 malefic stardust. malefic stardust protects the field spell and cyber end just beats away with 4000 atk.

another thing to include is a draw card, like trade-in or pot of duality. use trade-in on dead gadjiltrons or malefic stardust or barbaros.

in malefic decks its good to have some protection because once you set p your field you need to maintain it. add in cards like safe zone, dark bribe, seven tools, forbidden lance, or solemn judgment.

finally, add whatever tech cards you like or staple cards you find necessary.

Final product:

3 malefic cyber end
2 gadjiltron dragon
3 barbaros
3 gravekeepers commandant
2 cyber dragon (my personal tech choice)

3 terraforming
3 POD
3 geartown
2 necrovalley
1 heavy storm
3 forbidden lance
2 trade-in

3 skill drain
2 safe zone
3 dark bribe
1 seven tools1 solemn judgment

3 cyber end dragon
3 stardust dragon

hope this helped!!!!!
yugioh_mom

Canceled user

Subject: oopsy   PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:03 am Reply with quote

ooops i forgot malefic stardust. make these changes to the list.

-2 cyber dragon
-1 forbidden ance

+3 malefic stardust.

sorry!!!
sl1ferm4ster
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:04 pm Reply with quote

I like your deck yugioh_mom, but the problem is that it isn't a Malefic deck. It's now pretty much a beat-down deck or maybe even a Skill Drain deck. I mean, there's only 2 distinct Malefics out of the whole thing. There isn't even Malefic Truth or Malefic Parallel Dragon.
yugioh_mom

Canceled user

Subject: malefic combos   PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:00 am Reply with quote

true, but keep in mind plant synchro decks were called plant synchro even though most of them ran a mere 4 or 5 plants. i agree that its a beat down deck, but this may be the most consistent and best way to use the malefic monsters.
hmugford
Apprentice
Apprentice

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:56 am Reply with quote

Thanks for the help both of you, I'm personally leaning towards sl1ferm4ster's suggestions because I want to try and keep it as purely malefic as possible, but they're all valid ways to play. your help is much appreciated.
sl1ferm4ster
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:03 am Reply with quote

How's the deck going? Do you need any cards?
hmugford
Apprentice
Apprentice

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:38 am Reply with quote

Well, it's not going well but it's not going badly if you know what I mean. I could use a Malefic Truth Dragon but being in Australia no one has access to Shonen Jump and trading is a bit of a pain as well. Probably will fiddle with it a bit more during the next few weeks. Any tips/ideas regarding maybe adding some zombie monsters?
sl1ferm4ster
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:34 pm Reply with quote

hmugford wrote:
Well, it's not going well but it's not going badly if you know what I mean. I could use a Malefic Truth Dragon but being in Australia no one has access to Shonen Jump and trading is a bit of a pain as well. Probably will fiddle with it a bit more during the next few weeks. Any tips/ideas regarding maybe adding some zombie monsters?

Sorry, I don't have Malefic Truth Dragon. The only Malefics I have for trade is Blue-Eyes, Stardust, Claw Stream, and Red-Eyes.

If you add in some other non-Malefic Synchros, or even wanna use Stardust as a Synchro Monster not simply as a way of getting out Malefic Stardust, then I would add in Plaguespreader Zombie. Other than that, zombie cards in that deck aren't needed.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> YuGiOh! Card Strategy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: