main page of Trade Cards OnlineTrade Cards Online

The safest place to trade, buy, and sell cards

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
First FNM in some time for me...

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Magic: The Gathering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sindbad7cs

Canceled user

Subject: First FNM in some time for me...   PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:18 am Reply with quote

I'll provide more details later, but was quite happy drafting Friday night. Two packs of Dark Ascension and one pack Innistrad. 12 players. Exclamation

I pulled a Sorin Emblem as first pack token. Mine!! Me keeps - table allowed it, though we were throwing all tokens to the middle of each pod table. Cool

I got to work building a GW deck concentrating on creatures and positive/negative instants...

....deck list in next post. Needless to say, I got home and to sleep in time to wake up and go to Game Day. That's an entirely new topic for later too. Razz

Now y'all - spill the beans. How was your Magic weekend? Anyone watch or attend Madrid or Baltimore Grand Prix events?
sindbad7cs

Canceled user

Subject: Deck specifics   PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:06 am Reply with quote

The deck I put together from the draft (except BASIC lands):

Creatures (12)
1 Young Wolf
2 Dawntrader Elk
1 Grave Bramble
2 Briarpack Alpha
1 Loyal Cathar
1 Niblis of the Mist
1 Voiceless Spirit
1 Midnight Guard
2 Elguad Inquisitor

Sorcery/Instant/Enchant (2/6/2 = 10))
1 Prey Upon
1 Tracker's Instincts
1 Clinging Mists
1 Urgent Exorcism
1 Break of Day
1 Moment of Heroism
1 Skillful Lunge
1 Rebuke
1 Burden of Guilt
1 Favor of the Woods (Shiny!)

Artifact (1)
1 Mask of Avacyn

Land (17)
1 Evolving Wilds
8 Plains
8 Forest

Sideboard:
1 Silverclaw Griffin
1 Kindercatch
1 Favor of the Woods
1 Paraselene
1 Crushing Vines
1 Bar the Door
1 Naturalize
1 Ray of Revelation

Hindsight says add the Silverclaw up front and maybe drop a Plains since I have three methods to fetch a basic land...

Overall, lost three matches and had one draw. Played against three RG decks and one UB deck. Draw came against last opponent in third game to knot up the match.
sindbad7cs

Canceled user

Subject: ...and finally, the rest of the story   PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:09 am Reply with quote

Other goodies from FNM booster draft: Sorin Emblem (yes!), Trepanation Blade (Foil), Drogskol Captain, Soul Seizer/Ghastly Haunting, Curiousity, Chill of Foreboding, Secrets of the Dead, Mystic Retrieval, Hysterical Blindness, Night Terrors, Haunted Fengraf, Island, double-faced card checklist.
(12 total Uncommons - 1 was a foil!)

And all rares were thrown in pool at the end of the play for selection based on draft ranking. I went 11 out of 12 and got: Grim Backwoods, Mindshrieker, and Stony Silence (which was the last card passed to me in the third booster opening). As I said, not a bad night for $10.50 : )

Last edited by sindbad7cs on Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:51 am; edited 1 time in total
lazarus
Apprentice
Apprentice

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:21 pm Reply with quote

I miss FNM, the only place near me that ran it decided to completely stop selling cards.
sindbad7cs

Canceled user

Subject: Sorry to...   PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:24 pm Reply with quote

....hear, lazurus Sad

Not sure where you're located, but try this site for locating a shop that might have cards/play:

http://www.the-master-list.com/index.shtml

I'm only about 2 miles away from my closest, and they have three stores that run it, thank goodness.

And I forgot to mention - even got a door prize for attending: a nice red-yellow/silver Gemini polyhedral 7-die set from Chessex (CHX 26450)(approx. $10 value)

Cool
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Magic: The Gathering All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: