main page of Trade Cards OnlineTrade Cards Online

The safest place to trade, buy, and sell cards

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Rulings-unofficial

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Battle Spirits TCG
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jcthundar
Beginner
Beginner

Subject: Rulings-unofficial   PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:27 pm Reply with quote

A lot of cards in Battle Spirits need rulings. If anyone knows where they can get official rulings please tell me/us. I'm making this thread as place for players with questions on the rulings of certain cards can come to get unofficial rulings on cards. If u have a question, ask and we the players will decide on the card's ruling. These unofficial rulings can be used as the standard until we find the official rulings set by the makers of battle spirits. If u have the official rulings, please post them on another thread. Remember, official rulings trump unofficial. This is merely to let players know how we feel the card effects, based on the wordings, should work until Battle Spirits tells us exactly how it works. If u post the question, u can not be the one to come up with the ruling.

Last edited by jcthundar on Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
jcthundar
Beginner
Beginner

Subject: abilities upgraded   PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:53 pm Reply with quote

Not all cards in battle spirits are in English. The English terms are not the same as the translated Japanese terms. For example, Evolution and Awaken are the same ability just different languages.

rage=clash evolution=awaken high-speed=swift crush=demolish brilliance=light immunity=armor

Now we have come to accept that fact and allow cards that affect one effect to work on the other. For example, if a card affects all spirits with rage, all spirits with clash are also affected. But what about the upgraded versions? if a card affects those with immunity, does it also affect those with invincibility? Does Great demolish and violent swift count as crush and swift? Does a card that affects spirits with awaken also affect Gaiasura with the Ultra-awaken ability? if Battle spirits already has a ruling, create an official rulings thread and post it there. Be sure to post a message here telling us about the official ruling. If there is no official ruling, we need an unofficial one.
lord_volcanum

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:32 pm Reply with quote

Alright, I have an interesting question that I'm looking for a ruling on. How does the yellow spell "Teleport Change" work with the effect of Brilliance? If this spell is played while a spirit with brilliance is battling and the next spirit chosen to battle does not have brilliance, will it still go back to the player's hand? I would say yes because it resolved under the condition of brilliance from the first spirit.

However, the alternative to this would be that the second spirit would have to have brilliance because it is technically the one battling since the first was made a non-battling spirit. So which is it?
unknownkira
Beginner
Beginner

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:24 pm Reply with quote

I checked on the rulings for Teleport Change. The effect of Brilliance will only work if at the end of the battle, the attacking spirit is the spirit with Brilliance. In your example, a spirit with brilliance is attacking and you used Teleport Change to change the attacking spirit. This will not return Teleport Change to your hand if the new attacking spirit does not have Brilliance. On the other hand, if you change your attacking spirit from a spirit without Brilliance to a spirit with Brilliance, Teleport Change will return to your hand.

Edit: Using Teleport Change will also not cause any effects that activates when an attack is declared by the new attacking spirit to activate.
lord_volcanum

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:02 pm Reply with quote

I have a question about the yellow spell Angel Voice as well. Does it's effect only apply to the current battle, or is it all battles that turn? Since it can be played during the main phase and it explicitly uses the word turn, I imagine it affects all battles taking place. However, it also says during the showdown step, not steps, and at the end it says no destroy effects happen in this battle, not battles. I'm personally inclined to believe that it applies to all battles taking place that turn.

Also, in regards to the ruling on Teleport Change, I would like to hear other opinions on the matter. I'm still not convinced which way is right. I'm almost willing to believe both options are valid, almost.
unknownkira
Beginner
Beginner

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:34 am Reply with quote

The effect of Angel Voice applies the whole turn. Meaning it is applied to every battle (after the magic is used). The actual translation from the Japanese version is not changing the BP to their level; but they compare level instead of BP so, effects that needs comparing BP doesn't apply. The showdown step is when the spirits compare BP after all the flash timing.

In regarding Teleport Change, the rulings I found are from an official source, being the official Battle Spirits Japanese Website. They have a card database and a Q&A for individual cards to clarify the rulings.
jcthundar
Beginner
Beginner

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:56 pm Reply with quote

Need help with The Twilight Camelot. The lv2 effect states "[Lv2] (Your Start Step) You can return 1 spirit card in the family "Great General"/"Evil Shadow" from your trash to your hand.". My question is regarding the slash. Is it an 'and' slash or an 'or' slash? Does the spirit have to be both types or just 1? When u search for a card, this site allows you to search by family types and some of them read type1/2. Is this card meant to be exclusively for the dark knights or can other spirits that are only part of 1 family benefit from this card? Until I get an answer, I've decided to take it out of my deck(s).
unknownkira
Beginner
Beginner

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:45 pm Reply with quote

The slash is translated in official English cards as "and/or" so, it works for both "Great General" and/or "Evil Shadow" cards.
jcthundar
Beginner
Beginner

Subject: Brave spirit depleted   PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:02 pm Reply with quote

Any and all depleted Spirits are at what is called "Battle Level Zero" and are immediately destroyed (sent to your Trash), having lost all of their abilities. Not even their "When Destroyed" effects activate; being depleted is different from being destroyed in battle.

When a Brave Spirit is forced to leave the Field due to it being destroyed in battle or forced back into the player's hand via a special effect, you can have the Brave creature remain on the Field in "Lv. 1 Spirit form" by placing the Battle Level 1 Core Cost on your Brave using the Cores on your Field or in your Reserve

These 2 rules contradict one another. Some players follow rule 1 some follow rule 2. Can someone find a ruling on this please! It's been bugging me for a looonnnnngggggggg time. Thank you.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Battle Spirits TCG All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: