main page of Trade Cards OnlineTrade Cards Online

The safest place to trade, buy, and sell cards

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
'immunity/invincibility' is not invincible

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Battle Spirits TCG
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jcthundar
Beginner
Beginner

Subject: 'immunity/invincibility' is not invincible   PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:34 pm Reply with quote

The effects of immunity and invincibility state that the spirit is immune from the effects of opposing spirits, nexuses, spells (and braves with the invincibility ability) for the color stated. but there are cards that are immune to immunity. The purple nexus 'The Evil Gate to the Thanatos' allows the nexus' owner to rid the spirit of it's purple color for the battle at the cost of a card in their hand. This way, with no purple color, immunity can't protect the spirit. Immunity states "This spirit is immune(invincible) against the effects of all opposing Spirits, (Braves,) Nexus, and Magic Cards" but that does not mean the spirit can't be targeted. A spirit with immunity can be targeted, but once targeted, it is immune from the effects of the card. This means a spirit with target attack can target attack a spirit with immunity. Let's say a lv4 fried attacks and decides to use both of it's effects on Glazzar. Both effects target Glazzar. Having invincibility infinite, Glazzar protects itself from the destruction effect. However, once fried has targeted glazzar for attack, the effect ends and there's no effect for Glazzar to protect itself from. Glazzar can protect itself from destruction but not attack. Summon effects do not work on Glazzar because once the spirit is summoned, Galazzar automatically becomes immune to it. Lastly, there are the effects that target players. Immunity immunizes the spirit not the players. Rage/Clash states that the opponent (not the opponent's spirits) must block if possible. the rage targets the player not the spirit and therefore immunity can not protect the spirit. It is the player who makes the decision to block and immunity does not protect a spirit from it's owner's decisions; even if the player is forced to make that decision. The 'if possible' part is to clarify that exhausted spirits (that don't refresh or block while exhausted) and spirits with 'can't block' effects (such as 'Lizardman') are exempt from rage. If a player can block a spirit without rage, they must block one with rage. Who they choose to block with is their choice. If u disagree with anything I said, please explain why you disagree. if there are any official rulings on what I've said please post a link to the site you got it from. An official ruling is a ruling from the creators of Battle spirits and their representatives. Translations of official rulings from other sites will be judged by the other players as to the credibility of the site. Thank u for hearing me out.

Last edited by jcthundar on Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total
unknownkira
Beginner
Beginner

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:30 pm Reply with quote

Actually, the immunity and invincibility cannot be affected by the effects of the specified color, except braves, for immunity. This can be seen from episode 20 of the Brave series. Also, in the DS games, spirits with immunity: Red can choose to not block when a red spirit with Clash/Rage is attacking.
jcthundar
Beginner
Beginner

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:25 am Reply with quote

unknownkira wrote:
Actually, the immunity and invincibility cannot be affected by the effects of the specified color, except braves, for immunity. This can be seen from episode 20 of the Brave series. Also, in the DS games, spirits with immunity: Red can choose to not block when a red spirit with Clash/Rage is attacking.

I know it's a lot, but u might want to read my post again. I didn't say they are affected, in fact I clearly said they r not affected as it states on the cards. What i said was that they can be targeted. I watched the episode again. In that episode, Scorpio was targeted by Sagita flame's effect and it's armor(immunity) protected it. That episode showed that the spirits with immunity/invincibility could be targeted, it's just a waste since their immunity protects them. However, if the effect itself is to target, then the immunity has nothing to protect the spirit from, as the targeting effect ends once it targets the spirit. As for the rage in the ds game; were the only spirits available to block those with immunity or where there others? My point is that player1's rage forces player 2 to block. What spirit player 2 uses to block with is their choice. If all the available blockers had immunity and rage was not enforced then i concede that argument. Otherwise, my point is still valid. On a personal matter, do u know where I can get something to translate a battle spirits rom into English? Please respond via a personal message. Thank You.
jcthundar
Beginner
Beginner

Subject: bursts and immunity   PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:21 am Reply with quote

In the final episode of the Heroes series, Glazzar's invincibility seemed to have protected it from the Windhero's exhaust ability even though there were no green cards on the field. This leads me to believe that bursts count as being on he field which allowed Glazzar's ability to protect it. Either that or the writer's and animators made an error. So for all who read this, burst are affected by immunity just the same as other cards. as for my post above, ignore the glazzar burst part. I most likely will edit the post to fit. Immunity/Invincibility is still not invincible.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Battle Spirits TCG All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: