main page of Trade Cards OnlineTrade Cards Online

The safest place to trade, buy, and sell cards

bulletin boards

TIP Maintain your whole card collection inventory on this site. Together with your haves, you can also manage your private card collection and keep everything in a single place.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Modern Deck (Help)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Magic: The Gathering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kaspar

Canceled user

Subject: Modern Deck (Help)   PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:22 am Reply with quote

Hello guys, I just started Magic about 1 month ago. I want to know if anyone can help me build a deck any color, but I only have M13, Avacyn, Dark, & Innistrad. The reason why only those is because I don't want to invest money on cards that rotate out soon, unless they are cheap cards, then I don't mind... lol Thanks!!!
xbrokenx

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:18 am Reply with quote

Hi Kaspar, welcome to the Magic community. So, do I understand you correctly that you wish to build a deck for the Modern format? If so, you do not need to worry about cards rotating out. All cards with the new style (Modern) card frame are eligible for inclusion in a Modern deck. General guidelines for Modern decks can be found here: http://www.wizards.com/magic/tcg/resources.aspx?x=judge/resources/sfrmodern

Based on what you wrote in your post, you made it sound as though you are actually looking to build a Standard deck... but none of the sets that you mentioned will be affected by the imminent format rotation in a few weeks. You will be well positioned heading into the new Standard format.

So, if you clarify to me a bit about what your intentions are, and perhaps offer some opinions on what types of decks you enjoy playing so far... then maybe we can help you come up with something!

Best regards,
Mike C.
kaspar

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:10 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for the update...
I'm looking to build a modern green/black deck, mono green, or mono black. Any of those would be great. I hope that helps... Thanks for the help!!!
sindbad7cs

Canceled user

Subject: Good!   PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:10 pm Reply with quote

Some life in the Magic threads!

There are so many possibilities - work calls, but I'll try to drop a mono-green deck list by later. I'm assuming you're a casual player and looking more for fun and not tourneys, unless you say otherwise! Cool

With that in mind, the lists I post will not be rare-loaded, meaning overly expensive.

Good luck!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Magic: The Gathering All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: