main page of Trade Cards OnlineTrade Cards Online

The safest place to trade, buy, and sell cards

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Is it Possible to build a Collection purely through trading

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Pokemon
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you think its possible to Build a collection Purly through trading?
Yes
50%
 50%  [ 3 ]
No
50%
 50%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 6

bradley10

Canceled user

Subject: Is it Possible to build a Collection purely through trading   PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:25 am Reply with quote

Hello Pokemon card collectors
I was really into the Pokemon games only a few year back, but never really knew about the cards. Now that i know about them, i have become really interested in building the base sets. But i am wondering whether i can build the basic base set (not 1st edition and shadowless cards yet Very Happy ) purely through trading? i only have a few EX Crystal Guardians cards that are up for trade. Do you think its possible? anyone else ever tried? if your interested in any of the cards i have to trade and have a few duplicates of common base set Pokemon cards i believe that where i can start. would love to here from you all on opinions.

Regards
Bradley
simbinana
Apprentice
Apprentice

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:56 pm Reply with quote

I have a ton of the older cards if you want to trade sometime.
bradley10

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:52 am Reply with quote

Hello Simbinana
Thank you That sounds great, i will talk to you through PM.

i am still fairly determined to complete the base set purely through trading and gained more inspiration from the man who traded a red paper clip up until a fully paid house with out using a cent. Very Happy quite amazing
bradley10

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:54 am Reply with quote

Well so far i have had little success in my idea, i haven't heard from almost any of my contacts to make a trade transaction Sad . Maybe it just comes to prove i at least need to start with a few more cards and a good variety of them to. Would still love to hear your opinions on purely trading Smile
marigoldfroggy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:22 am Reply with quote

If you wanted everything on your want list, you definitely would need to add more to your haves if you only want to do trades. You want 15 rare holos, 16 rares, and a bunch of commons and uncommons, so you should be willing to trade cards that add up to the same value as 15 rare holos, 16 rares, and a bunch of commons and uncommons. I don't think the 25 cards you have listed on your haves is enough to get what you want (you only have one rare pokemon card on your haves list). A lot of people have base cards, especially common and uncommon ones, so it should be pretty easy to get what you want through trading as long as you have enough to offer in return.
bradley10

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:38 pm Reply with quote

Yes marigoldfroggy i totally agree with you, my idea was to obtain more cards by trading these ones, then gain more from another trade but my fellow trader would have to be giving me more than i would be. so it wouldn't be such a fair trade. So it looks like i am going to need to obtain a bulk lot of cards with rares and rare holos to do make some trades. i just need to wait to get a good bargain somewhere making my trade worthwhile. thanks again
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Pokemon All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: