main page of Trade Cards OnlineTrade Cards Online

The safest place to trade, buy, and sell cards

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Question regarding trading process

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Trade Tips
View previous topic :: View next topic  
niels

Subject: Question regarding trading process   PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:12 pm Reply with quote

Hi,

I recently joined this website, hoping to find some people around the globe willing to trade LotR cards. While trying to make my first trade, I sent the user a message with the cards I'm interested in, and the cards I have from his wants list in return. I received a message back from the user I should put the cards in the trading system first and then he would look into it.

At first I made a trade offer in the trade system, but canceled it since I realized we didn't even talk about card quality or delivery yet. Is it normal to first enter the offer in the trade system and discuss the trade onward?

Sincerely,
Niels
stevil
Master
Master

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:23 am Reply with quote

if i have any questions about condition i usely set up the trade on the tracked trade system but i don't click the initiate trade button & send that user a message about anything i need 2 know about

i alway make sure to physically get all the cards together im going to offer
or before i accept a trade

if i do not have any questions i just send a trade offer
if cards do not have anything in the notes boxes they are supposed to be mint but it never hurts to ask especially if they are new user

hope this helps

happy holidays & welcome to TCO niels
niels

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:07 am Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick and helpful response. Happy holidays to you too!
marigoldfroggy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:54 pm Reply with quote

You definitely want to have all your cards in the system before you start trading with people. This should include descriptions of card quality if you have any cards that aren't mint/near-mint.

A lot of people prefer you message them first before you initiate a trade. Personally, I don't mind if people send trade offers without talking to me first and I will often accept them if they are fair. One thing that is really important to remember is that once you send someone a trade offer, that is a binding agreement and if the other person accepts, you must follow through with the trade as you offered it.

As far as shipping goes, you will almost always have to send your part of the trade first since you are new. Because of this, you want to be careful that you are only trading with reputable people that are established traders with many references. After they receiver your part of the trade, they then send out their part of the trade, provided that they are satisfied with the condition your cards are in.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Trade Tips All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: