main page of Trade Cards OnlineTrade Cards Online

The safest place to trade, buy, and sell cards

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Ghost Planes

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> YuGiOh! Deck Garage
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sl1ferm4ster
Guru
Guru

Subject: Ghost Planes   PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:13 am Reply with quote

In the Tachyogalaxy set, there's an archetype called "Phantom Beastcraft". I decided to make one on DuelNetwork for when it comes out officially. Any ideas on how I can improve it? I know the Side Deck needs 0 or 15 cards, so I need ideas on what to add in.

Here's a link to what the Phantom Beastcrafts are all about.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Phantom_Beast_Plane

[/img]
automatonsleuth
Master
Master

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:41 pm Reply with quote

Unfortunately, I don't know the Phantom Beastcrafts well enough to make a proper judgement on your main deck, (though I'm dubious about how useful Weapons Change would be). The extra deck could do with a little change, however: I'd go for Gaia Knight over Uruquizas - the piercing is nice, but Gaia Knight can run right over Stardust and pose an immediate threat to Utopia, both of which are very commonplace, whereas I'm not confident that Uruquizas will get more than one chance to hit (and power up) before your opponent brings in an answer to it. Do you have anything in mind yet for the other three Extra Deck slots you have free?
sl1ferm4ster
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:00 am Reply with quote

Well, I'm down to 2 slots now, but I'm still not sure about them yet.

automatonsleuth
Master
Master

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:04 pm Reply with quote

I'd advocate more Genex Ally Birdmans, rather than T.G. Ultra Chicken: Birdman's ability to turn himself into a beatstick while bouncing back your "When this card is Normal Summoned" effect monsters to reuse is far more powerful than the possibility of 500 effect damage.

Maybe more Spiritual Wind Art Miyabis rather than 2 of your Token Feastevals/Stampedes? Feasteval doesn't do anything much to advance your own position and bring you closer to winning, it's a card designed to use up your own cards in an attempt to prolong the game (and too often just to prolong your defeat). Stampede isn't as bad, but your tokens will still only have 1000 ATK (maybe 1500 if you have Rising Air Currents out) which doesn;t seem to me like enough to break through your opponen't defences most of the time - I'd rather be sacrificing those tokens to Miyabi in order to knock your opponent's cards out of the game for the forseeable future.

As for the extra deck, the easiest way to work out what to put in is to look at what level of monsters you have out on the field at most given times. How often do you have multiple Lv 3 / Lv 4 non-token monsters for Xyz summoning? How often do you find yourself in a position to Synchro Summon Lv 6 and 7s?

After a little thought (but bear in mind that I haven't actually played with this deck, unlike you, so my advice is not necessarily that well informed) I would recommend removing Dyson Sphere (I quite like the card in general, but my experience is that it doesn't do enough to justify the effort of bringing it out), removing Superdimensional Robotic Goon (will only work if you have 3 Lv 4 Planes and 2 tokens simultaneously, don't see that happening enough to justify including it) and maybe even remove 1 of your 3 Plane xyz monsters - 2 should be enough, I think. Consider Genex Ally Triforces (while Triforce doesn't do much on its own in this deck, it's a machine and thus works with Cyber Summon Blaster and Limiter Removal, asnd can then be turned into Big Eye or Gaia Dragoon)? Black Rose Dragon? Photon Streak Bounzer is also possible.

I'm assuming Dewloren is a mistake, and isn't actually meant to be in the extra deck, since you can't even summon it using this deck (no water monsters, after all).

If you did go with all the changes I've suggested, you'd have something like:

2 x Gaia Knight
Black Rose Dragon
2 x Genex Ally Triarm
Mist Wurm
Leviathan Dragon
Utopia
Gear Gigant X
2 x Phantom Beast Plane Xyz Thing
Photon Streak Bounzer
Big Eye
Gaia Dragoon
Gutav Max

Just my $0.02 (or £0.01, in real money Razz)
sl1ferm4ster
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:50 pm Reply with quote

Actually, for this deck, it's pretty hard to XYZ summon LV3/4 monsters. With Phantom Beast Planes, their levels increase by the combined levels of all the tokens on the field. Phantom Beastcraft Tokens (PBT) are LV3. If I have 1 on the field, all Phantom Beastcrafts increase in level by 3. 2 on the field mean increase by 6, etc... So having 2 tokens and 2 LV3 monsters mean I can XYZ summon a LV9 XYZ monster (Dyson Sphere) since 3 +(2x3) = 9. 2 LV4 + a PBT mean a LV7 XYZ (4+(1x3)=7).

As far as Stampede goes, you're right, it does only increase their attack by 1000. But that's per each Stampede. If I have 2 face-up, that's 2000 ATK. 3 mean 3000 ATK.

But I will take your ideas into consideration. And you're right about the Dewloran. I didn't notice that it needed Waters. I'll change that out.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> YuGiOh! Deck Garage All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: