main page of Trade Cards OnlineTrade Cards Online

The safest place to trade, buy, and sell cards

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
I return to the FNM arena!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Magic: The Gathering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sindbad7cs

Canceled user

Subject: I return to the FNM arena!   PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:53 pm Reply with quote

My FNM play stalled badly with my entry into real estate sales, but I got back out there last night!!

Here's my very rusty draft results:

Creatures (15, not counting 2 Keyrunes...)
1 Judge's Familiar
2 Keening Apparition
1 Azorius Arrester
1 Selesnya Sentry
1 Vassal Soul
1 Bazaar Krovod
1 Azor's Elocutors
1 Stealer of Secrets
1 Aquus Steed
1 Skyline Predator
1 Splatter Thug
1 Goblin Electromancer
2 Hussar Patrol

Sorcery/Instant/Enchants (0/2/4)
1 Avenging Arrow
1 Fall of the Gavel
1 Soul Tithe
1 Detention Sphere
1 Security Blockade
1 Knightly Valor

Artifacts (2)
1 Azorius Keyrune
1 Izzet Keyrune

Land (17)
9 Plains
7 Island
1 Mountain

First pack saw me chasing some red and black with no focus. Second pack saw me realize I was going blue white! Another undisciplined draft and building. Figured I'd splash red or black once I realized I had not rounded out my UW. I went red and not very well. I won my first match 2-0 vs. Ian (who would go 3-1 on the night with a WBG thing) by virtue of my Detention Sphere repeatedly locking down key creatures. I then beat Jeremy's RB 2 - 1. Again, the Sphere did good work on some Unleashers. Then Wade and I had a long 3 game draw. He was running Niv-Mizzet. I won the first match fairly quickly, tying up his mana with the Tithe on Niv. The second was no contest as he Unleashed several creatures and rolled over me. The last game went to a draw on time, though I think he had me if he'd not been so cautious about what was in my hand - land! I was holding land Twisted Evil

I lost my final match to the night's winner - Will handed me a convincing two losses with his BG. Lotleth Troll did the final blow. So, I'm 2-1-1 on matches in the new year!

All rares from 16 folks go on the table then we pick in finish order. The rares I got: Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius, Wayfaring Temple, and Azor's Elocutors. My draft yielded me 16 uncommons and 4 FOILs total!

Not bad, for rusty! Cool
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Magic: The Gathering All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: