main page of Trade Cards OnlineTrade Cards Online

The safest place to trade, buy, and sell cards

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
I've been missing out

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Ani-Mayhem
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paradoxical

Canceled user

Subject: I've been missing out   PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:00 pm Reply with quote

Finally started playing with my Ani-Mayhem DBZ cards in solitaire and I must say I got an intense nostalgia high after a few dry runs. I dare say I think my heart was even racing in a some of the battles lol.

I did have to tweek the rules a bit as Piccalo and Goku(R) are just too powerful. This is especially true with Tien on guard duty gaining 1 health per round making you essentially unstoppable unless the Disaster pulls some lucky combat cards.

-The changes I made involve using 7 Locations under which you will have 3 random Disasters(10 Major, 6-8 Minor Combat, rest Minor Non-Combat) totaling 21. -The draw pile will contain at least 5 combat/non-combat Minor Disasters as well as 21 Power cards
(shuffle and draw 7 before mixing with Disasters)
-When on a Location all Characters remain at the same Health they ended the previous battle with unless a health regen card is played. Know When To Run will come in handy.
-If one of my characters is bonked, I consider them to be dead and out of the game unless I draw a Medical Generator. Sounds almost too tough but once you survive the first 2-3 Locations your Characters should already be loaded with Enhancements. Can add couple Characters to draw pile first few runs.
-Finally, a new rule that may save you an embarrassing loss! If you have a Character with the Dimensional ability on the field, you may teleport your characters to a safe location at the expense of leaving one of your Characters to have a final showdown. Allow space ships to do the same if you want. However, may only travel as far as teleporter/space ship can travel (ex: 3 speed = 3 spaces left or right).

I will probably do some further tweeking to my personal rules in the future but until I get Vegeta, Tares, and Zarbon the level of difficulty will remain the same.

Soon as I get my DBZ fix I'll probably turn to my near complete Set 1 Ani-Mayhem. Have to watch the episodes first otherwise I just won't be as "into it".
ani_mayhem_com
Beginner
Beginner

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:09 am Reply with quote

Tien doesn't gain 1 Health each round, its restored at a rate of 1 per round.
paradoxical

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:31 am Reply with quote

ani_mayhem_com wrote:
Tien doesn't gain 1 Health each round, its restored at a rate of 1 per round.

My bad. I meant to say restore but, as far as I know, a character loses one health per round of combat while guarding another character in your group even if the attack is blocked. So Tien would technically be re-gaining that one health lose each round.

Thanks for posting though. Is there anything in the rules or game you adjusted? Also, which set(s) did you prefer for your deck?

Wish they had just completely separated the thrid set from the other two for tournaments, ect. Would have kept the game around long enough for possibly a fourth set. Idk
ani_mayhem_com
Beginner
Beginner

Subject: Rules   PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:04 pm Reply with quote

http://アニメイヘム.com/rules/rules.html

Still having trouble with the combat cards. 1 for teh the Disaster and 1 for the targetted Character isn't enough, and 1 for everybody is too much.
undeadturkey

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:46 pm Reply with quote

it is great to see more people playing! Yeah Dbz is so powerful its hard to find a challenge haha.

As far as combat cards yeah I agree, its hard to find a happy medium. Either your not strong enough or you blow other cards away with no sweat.
paradoxical

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:17 am Reply with quote

I usually just add all of my characters attacks together first and then add/subtract whatever amount the combat cards say. I treat their attack as if they were one person. Makes it much less confusing that way.
The worst is when you bust out an awesome flash card for an attack and then draw a "no attack" combat card.
paradoxical

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:22 am Reply with quote

Btw, if anyone has the cards I'm still missing feel free to post here or pm me for email address. I have lots of extras from sets 1 and 2 as well tons of pokemon (base, fossil, jungle, team rocket). Will also consider cash if price is right.

Here is my missing list:
Adult Gohan, Baba, Bubbles, Future Trunks, SS Goku, SS Goten, SS Trunks

Tares, Vegeta, Mystery Foe, Shinseiju Tree, Zarbon

Survey, Divert Attack, Makkankoupousou, Shen Lon,
Telekinese, Ultimate Sacrifice, Guardian of the Earth, Guru, Ship's Auto Toilet, Tortoise
undeadturkey

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:21 am Reply with quote

That's why I never play the no attacks combat cards haha. I usually play all attack bonus cards to make the combat powered up.

I have guardian of earth. I have Vegeta as well But I don't think I wanna trade him at the moment as I only have 2.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Ani-Mayhem All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: