main page of Trade Cards OnlineTrade Cards Online

The safest place to trade, buy, and sell cards

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
an intro and a question

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Welcome! (including Forum Rules)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnnyd2
Beginner
Beginner

Subject: an intro and a question   PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:58 pm Reply with quote

hello, ive technically been on this site for a while, but ive only just now started to catalog my cards en mass XD.
im johnnyd2 btw

so, i have a quesiton, is there anyway to show my non trading collection? is it a premium only feature? if its not there at all, it should be
gx46oo
Master
Master

Subject: welcome   PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 3:07 am Reply with quote

its really simple if you have cards you don't wanna trade, then do not list them in your haves list.

that way you avoid accidents, like trading something you value too much or something that is in your deck, or know for sure that will be hard to trade again for.

once in a while you might get asked if you have a certain card someone wants and its totally up to you if you wanna trade it or not.

just use your best judgment, if its too good to be true it probably is.

hope this helps. Smile
johnnyd2
Beginner
Beginner

Subject: Re: welcome   PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 3:19 am Reply with quote

gx46oo wrote:
its really simple if you have cards you don't wanna trade, then do not list them in your haves list.

that way you avoid accidents, like trading something you value too much or something that is in your deck, or know for sure that will be hard to trade again for.

once in a while you might get asked if you have a certain card someone wants and its totally up to you if you wanna trade it or not.

just use your best judgment, if its too good to be true it probably is.

hope this helps. Smile

true
i was just hoping to show off my collection aside from the extras XD
though this is still an awesome site
lucy_fujimoto

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 4:01 am Reply with quote

You can show off you none trade cards catalogue them in your haves lists but dont add it to the for trade section. There are two boxes for the amount of cards you have. One says collection the other says for trade. Just put in the # 1 in the collection box and 0 in the for trade box. This is not a premium option. But while people are searching fir cards they have a option to search for all the cards a person owns wether for trade or not. So they can bribe it away from you. Just say no if they ask, they shouldn't be able to add cards you have in your collection to a trade. Hope that helps
johnnyd2
Beginner
Beginner

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:15 pm Reply with quote

lucy_fujimoto wrote:
You can show off you none trade cards catalogue them in your haves lists but dont add it to the for trade section. There are two boxes for the amount of cards you have. One says collection the other says for trade. Just put in the # 1 in the collection box and 0 in the for trade box. This is not a premium option. But while people are searching fir cards they have a option to search for all the cards a person owns wether for trade or not. So they can bribe it away from you. Just say no if they ask, they shouldn't be able to add cards you have in your collection to a trade. Hope that helps

it does, though, im confused wouldnt putting 0 in the trade box make it not show up at all?
lucy_fujimoto

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 3:07 am Reply with quote

Yep ^_^ I thought you just wanted to show off some of your cards as part of your personal collection?
johnnyd2
Beginner
Beginner

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 3:40 am Reply with quote

lucy_fujimoto wrote:
Yep ^_^ I thought you just wanted to show off some of your cards as part of your personal collection?

no, i meant i want to show my collection to other people as well
lucy_fujimoto

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:30 pm Reply with quote

Oh I think they should be able to see it. I use mine to keep track of what I have so I dont waste paper printing out checklists
johnnyd2
Beginner
Beginner

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:13 am Reply with quote

lucy_fujimoto wrote:
Oh I think they should be able to see it. I use mine to keep track of what I have so I dont waste paper printing out checklists

ok
how do i do that?
johnnyd2
Beginner
Beginner

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 12:30 am Reply with quote

johnnyd2 wrote:
lucy_fujimoto wrote:

ok
how do i do that?

also, is it worth getting a premium subscription? or not?
lucy_fujimoto

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:17 am Reply with quote

Not really if you dont want to do any work go get it. Its pretty cheap and. You can view all your messages on site instead of looking through links from your email and searching for cards is easier. You can also edit your profile which is really helpful. So maybe get a one month membership which is like $2 I think? I dont remember and set up your profile to make yourself more attractive.
johnnyd2
Beginner
Beginner

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:25 am Reply with quote

lucy_fujimoto wrote:
Not really if you dont want to do any work go get it. Its pretty cheap and. You can view all your messages on site instead of looking through links from your email and searching for cards is easier. You can also edit your profile which is really helpful. So maybe get a one month membership which is like $2 I think? I dont remember and set up your profile to make yourself more attractive.

thanks for response and advice ^_^
and any way in particular i should set up my profile?
lucy_fujimoto

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:34 am Reply with quote

Sure! Sorry it took so long for me to respond!

Well you can add your shipping schedule or how you ship the cards. You can tell people what your really looking for, if your buying only or if you let traders use other cards you want to lower a price of a card they want to buy.

One user uses thier profile to show off thier gym leader style decks for the jhoto region.

But yeah try and think of it a a billboard sign to answer as many questions a person might have. So you dont have to do it yourself hehe ^_^. You can check out mine if you wanna
johnnyd2
Beginner
Beginner

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:33 am Reply with quote

lucy_fujimoto wrote:
Sure! Sorry it took so long for me to respond!

Well you can add your shipping schedule or how you ship the cards. You can tell people what your really looking for, if your buying only or if you let traders use other cards you want to lower a price of a card they want to buy.

One user uses thier profile to show off thier gym leader style decks for the jhoto region.

But yeah try and think of it a a billboard sign to answer as many questions a person might have. So you dont have to do it yourself hehe ^_^. You can check out mine if you wanna

ok

a. where should i start?

b. is there a way to mass delete your haves list? i kinda lost track of some cards, and wanna start from scratch
johnnyd2
Beginner
Beginner

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:53 pm Reply with quote

update, for b, never mind, i didnt notice the delete checkbox at first, silly me XD
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Welcome! (including Forum Rules) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: