main page of Trade Cards OnlineTrade Cards Online

The safest place to trade, buy, and sell cards

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Not Enough People

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Naruto
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you know someone that if you tried to get into Naruto the card game, that they would eventually start playing it?
Yes
80%
 80%  [ 4 ]
No
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

gocanes1st

Subject: Not Enough People   PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:41 pm Reply with quote

I know that the card game recently just got discontinued, but the number of people playing Naruto on this website shouldn't be as horrifically low as it is right now. I've been waiting for two hours in the waiting room, on a Saturday, during mid-day and no one has come on.

I feel like those of us who are still into Naruto and Naruto the card game need to find all their friends that may potentially be interested in Naruto and get them into it. Then we should proceed with getting those people into the card game.

Naruto is not dead. The manga has just about reached the climax of the show, and the anime will soon get there. Numbers for supporters of Naruto should be going up, not down. I'm a relatively new fan of Naruto. I became a fan in December of last year, and I am super hooked on the anime, manga, and card game. I've already gotten one of my friends really into the anime and card game, and I am working on another friend as well. The friend that I got really into the show and card game is working on another five of his friends to get into both of those aspects of Naruto as well.

It is possible to make Naruto the card game popular again. We just need to try harder to get as many people into it as possible. Naruto is alive. Smile
chibionineko
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:49 am Reply with quote

Please refer to the stages of grief, this would be stage 1, denial. Naruto has had several problems, from licensing to a declining player base. It is likely Bandai Japanis partly responsible, possibly pressuring to end Naruto to allow the possibility for miracle battle to come over, time will tell, but they did it with digimon twice to Bandai U.S..
gocanes1st

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:30 pm Reply with quote

chibionineko wrote:
Please refer to the stages of grief, this would be stage 1, denial. Naruto has had several problems, from licensing to a declining player base. It is likely Bandai Japanis partly responsible, possibly pressuring to end Naruto to allow the possibility for miracle battle to come over, time will tell, but they did it with digimon twice to Bandai U.S..

And whose fault is the declining player base? I am living proof that Naruto can still be popular. I got into the show last December. I got my friend into it in February. My friend has gotten five others into the show and the card game since. Recently I'm working on another friend to get him into it too.

I'm not saying that it is all our fault. I will acknowledge that there is a lot of internal pressure within Bandai; however, the fans should remain loyal and try to get as many of their other friends into it as possible. When you come down to it, it all boils down to supply and demand. If the demand for Naruto is low, then the makers will cut back on the supply, but if the demand is high then the makers will have to acknowledge the increasing demand and give us what we want.
chibionineko
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:56 am Reply with quote

Declining player base is a much the players fault as bandai, and the game being pulled from wal-mart and k-mart a few years back over the sexy jutsu incident didn't help matters. Hobby sales were reaching record numbers over the last few sets, but retail sales, where bandai makes most of their money, were in the tank due to only a few retailers still willing to carry their product. Tyler had also commented that the cost of licensing was increasing as the series got more popular. Lower overall sales + increased cost of image licenses spelled doom. If were lucky miracle battle will be localized, and hopefully not by Bandai US. I would rather see the license go to wizards or konami who might put some money into advertising and proper support for the game.
gocanes1st

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:33 pm Reply with quote

chibionineko wrote:
Declining player base is a much the players fault as bandai, and the game being pulled from wal-mart and k-mart a few years back over the sexy jutsu incident didn't help matters. Hobby sales were reaching record numbers over the last few sets, but retail sales, where bandai makes most of their money, were in the tank due to only a few retailers still willing to carry their product. Tyler had also commented that the cost of licensing was increasing as the series got more popular. Lower overall sales + increased cost of image licenses spelled doom. If were lucky miracle battle will be localized, and hopefully not by Bandai US. I would rather see the license go to wizards or konami who might put some money into advertising and proper support for the game.

I very much so agree with what you're saying here. The purpose of this forum thread was to acknowledge the impending doom that you have been describing, and then bolster the morale of Naruto goers to continue to try and find others who might be interested in Naruto to get them into Naruto. My story was meant to serve as an example that there are plenty of people, especially Americans, who have never heard of Naruto, and if they were introduced to the show, would fall head over heels in love with it.
raikiri

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:59 pm Reply with quote

The game is done and is not coming back. You can play on here or with friends at home... maybe the occasional unofficial tourny at events like gencon. Any future naruto cards will be a different game, with different rules, made by a different company.

So, hurry up and go through the bargaining or whatever and move on to acceptance.
tcsensei

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:32 pm Reply with quote

I am a new player as well, i started in January of this year. The game will never become "popular" again, however, any effort you put forth to strengthen the player base will undoubtedly benefit you and others. I appreciate it. Naruto is a great show/ manga, and i hope japan brings more Naruto related games to the U.S again soon ^^
streckster98
Beginner
Beginner

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:34 am Reply with quote

I wish that Sexy Jutsu was never printed, the game's fate could have completely been changed...
Sad
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Naruto All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: