main page of Trade Cards OnlineTrade Cards Online

The safest place to trade, buy, and sell cards

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Help On A Hieratic Dragon Deck
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> YuGiOh! Deck Garage
View previous topic :: View next topic  
playcardgames

Canceled user

Subject: Help On A Hieratic Dragon Deck   PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:44 am Reply with quote

I am planning on getting cards for a dragon deck, focusing on hieratic dragons, and this is a list of cards I plan to get/have and plan to put into my deck. Having the cards in front of me makes it easier for me to decide which to keep(and even if I had them I would still have trouble), so most cards will just say x2, but I know I cannot fit that many cards into my deck. Plus, I still need to put in some traps and spells, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hieratic Dragon King of Atum x2
Hieratic Dragon of Asar x2
Hieratic Dragon of Eset x2
Hieratic Dragon of Gebeb x2
Hieratic Dragon of Nebthet x2
Hieratic Dragon Of Nuit x2
Hieratic Dragon of Su x2
Hieratic Dragon of Sutekh x2
Hieratic Dragon of Tefnuit x2
Hieratic Seal From the Ashes x1
Hieratic Seal of Convocation x2
Hieratic Seal of Reflection x1
Hieratic Seal of Supremacy x3
Hieratic Seal of the Sun Dragon Overlord x?
(I'm not sure how to properly use this card, so help would be appreciated)
Hieratic Seal of the Dragon King
(Same thing as above)
Hieratic Sun Dragon Overlord of Heliopolis x2

Some Non-Hieratic Cards
Inferno Reckless Summon x3
Lord Of D. x2
The Flute Of Summoning Dragon x2
Paladin of White Dragon x1
White Dragon Ritual x1
Lady of D. x2
Red Dragon Archfiend x1
Scarlet Security x1
Red Dragon Vase x1
Blue Eyes White Dragon x3
Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon x1

Also Some Other Options
Attraffic Control x1
Cross Attack x1
Space Cyclone x?(Not sure how many)
Lumenize x1
Damage Diet x1 or 2
Mirror Force x1
Mystical Space Typhoon x1
Enemy Controller x1
Hammer Shot x1
Card Destruction x1
Trap Hole x1
One Day Of Peace x1
Sakuretsu Armor x1
Defense Draw x1
Threatening Roar x1
Monster Reborn x1

Maybe Dark Hole and Heavy Storm?

So If you have read all of this, and have some time could anyone please help me out? It would be appreciated.
gx46oo
Master
Master

Subject: hieratic deck help   PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:53 am Reply with quote

Check out these two links:

1. http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Hieratic

2. http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Tips:Super_Rejuvenation

#1 a very good guide to hieratic deck building

#2: since all the hieratics tribute why not draw some cards from your deck for doing so.

you can check your cards there individually for rulings, tips, and other combos you might not have known about.

lemme know how your deck comes out after reading up on your cards and all k. Smile
heromaster
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:31 pm Reply with quote

pssst: I can basically guarantee you Super Rejuvenation will be banned come next format, so if you plan on playing Hieratics past September you should try not to rely on it too much.

Also, is the whole deck really that many cards? Because if so you seriously need to try cutting down. Generally you want to be at the minimum of 40 cards, unless you're running something like Machina/Gadgets which can easily manage past that.

For starters try removing the Blue-Eyes support (the main card itself is still fine however, due to being a normal Dragon), and one-off/restrictive support such as the Flute and Vase.

Selecting specific monsters/spells traps to use can also help you. Just because you CAN run every Hieratic card doesn't mean you SHOULD. Read all their effects/stats/etc first, and then go by which you think would be most useful for both the playstyle you're going for and what you expect you opponent might try to do against it. This also applies to the non-Hiearatic cards. Running 1-2 each of your backrow support is generally not as effective as maxing out on key useful cards, with majority of the rest being x2 and maybe a small handful being only 1 each.

Not sure what you're confused about with either of the Hieratic Seal monsters, as they're pretty straightforward. Mind elaborating?

Lastly, Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon. Hieratics are literally the reason why this card was hit, so you should definitely look into it.

ONE MORE FINAL: The new cards from the most recent structure deck released in Japan could be worth looking into. Especially if you decide to go with a more vanilla Hieratic build. Though they won't be out in the TCG for 2 more months.

Here are the cards though, if you're interested.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Blue-Eyed_Maiden

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Storm_Dragon_Guard

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Hallowed_Dragon_Boneyard

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Roar_of_the_Silver_Dragon

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Castle_of_Dragonic_Souls

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Azure-Eyes_Silver_Dragon
playcardgames

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:50 pm Reply with quote

The whole deck is not that many cards, but it is just a list of cards I thought I might be able to put into my deck. Also, with the hieratic seal monsters,how could I use them strategically in my deck, and that would affect how many of those cards I would put in.
Heromaster, so are you saying I should take out the blue eyes ultimate dragon/paladin of white dragon/lord of d. cards?(And the red dragon archfiend would have only been in if I thought it would be helpful after I made my deck) And thanks for the links and information everyone. I was planning to make a hieratic deck that takes advantage of the special summons to bring out cards to xyz, synchro, fuse, or tribute, so I'll go through the effects and decide. When I think I know what to put into my deck, Ill post again and ask for some feedback.
But if I want to synchro, Ill need tuners, so are there any dragon tuners that could work out for this deck?
heromaster
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:36 pm Reply with quote

Hieratics really don't need to bother with synchros honestly, though Flamvell Guard could be good to have a normal tuner to pull out and/or White Stone of Legend if you Run Blue-Eyes. Both of these cards also meet the cost for Cards of Consonance too.

Also regarding Blue-Eyes, if you end up running 5 or more Lv8 mons I'd recommend putting in some Trade-Ins and/or Advanced Draws.

But trying to make a deck that focuses on the ability to do all 3 extra deck summons more often than not is a terrible idea and just causes the deck to completely fall apart, with too many "strategies" that tend to either go nowhere or not get used to their full potential. Hieratic's biggest strength is its swarming capability for quick big Xyz plays, so focusing on that should be top priority with maybe remaining slots being used for a select few good and easily summonable Synchro OR Fusion monsters.

Also use Honest. Majority of your deck should end up being Light-attribute monsters, so there's no reason why you shouldn't use it.
gx46oo
Master
Master

Subject: my thoughts   PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:52 pm Reply with quote

@ heromaster

aww your no fun, lol.

dude chill it's barely july, he's got at least one and a half months of playtesting left to try out hieratics.

maybe i should troll by telling everyone how in ocg they have tournaments where duelists can litterally play with every single archtype / deck in existence. without having to assemble decks themselves.

that's right you heard right, leave your half finished decks at home just go to an ocg tournament and play with "ANY" fully assembled deck of your choosing.

but the real kick is most of the ocg cards are available as commons anyway so yeah, troll-lol-lol.

basically instead of dueling network or ygo pro you can see for yourself how the cards work first hand with real dueling experience and a super smart ocg judge to guide you along the way.

i wish we had this for tcg it would be so awesome, but i bet they won't do it cuz most people would just steal the cards.

unless konami stamps them with something like this card not for resale or official tournaments, that way we can spot the thieves in the game, lol.

@ hero master

your thoughts? Smile
playcardgames

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:51 am Reply with quote

Hmmm. Ok, so I guess I will focus on xyz cards, and I wanted to put in ultimate dragon because of heiratics ability allowing me to get a blue eyes out, and then use inferno reckless summon to get a strong monster out quickly. XYZ would work too, but I'm not familiar with them and I don't know which ones would work the best for the deck.
lazarolozano
Apprentice
Apprentice

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:25 am Reply with quote

the thing about hieratics is that they tribute eachother to special summon high levelnormal dragon. I would add Neo galaxy eyes if you are going to use reckless summon on blue eys. try adding montage dragon because he can be special summoned easily and have high attack power and red-eyes darkness netal dragon so you can special summon high level monsters
gx46oo
Master
Master

Subject: hmm   PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:50 am Reply with quote

yeah those are all some good suggestions but again, the first sentence you said about tributing would imply running super rejevenation, itd like spellbook of judgment for dragons.

i have a neo galaxy eyes by the way if your interested.
playcardgames

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:09 pm Reply with quote

Alright. When I get more free time I will tak these suggestions and work out a deck. If I decide to post my deck, should I put it in this thread or make a new one?
lazarolozano
Apprentice
Apprentice

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:23 am Reply with quote

do you need any hieratics because i have a lot. i'll trade them easily or sell really cheap
heromaster
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:34 am Reply with quote

re: fusions

Blue-Eyes Ultimate is just really not worth it, especially when you're summoning him the standard way

If you really want to run fusions I'd say just stick to Five-Headed Dragon and/or King Dragun while using Dragon's Mirror as your fusion spell
heromaster
Guru
Guru

Subject: Re: my thoughts   PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:53 am Reply with quote

gx46oo wrote:
it's barely july, he's got at least one and a half months of playtesting left to try out hieratics.

still better to have the knowledge ahead of time

gx46oo wrote:
maybe i should troll by telling everyone how in ocg they have tournaments where duelists can litterally play with every single archtype / deck in existence. without having to assemble decks themselves.

that's right you heard right, leave your half finished decks at home just go to an ocg tournament and play with "ANY" fully assembled deck of your choosing.

TCG exclusives have been a thing for ages now, so no way this is possible in officially sanctioned events

gx46oo wrote:
but the real kick is most of the ocg cards are available as commons anyway so yeah, troll-lol-lol.

OCG has plenty of valuables too last I checked. Plus there's the fact that a lot of the OCG exclusives are promos you have to put down even more money than usual for.

Not gonna say OCG doesn't have it better or worse, but I will say the ways the markets for the OCG and TCG function are pretty radically different and its not exactly a good idea to compare the two.

gx46oo wrote:
i wish we had this for tcg it would be so awesome, but i bet they won't do it cuz most people would just steal the cards.

unless konami stamps them with something like this card not for resale or official tournaments, that way we can spot the thieves in the game, lol.

I think the bigger problem might be regional differences, as Japan's a pretty small country. So it'd have an easier time organizing events such as this.
gx46oo
Master
Master

Subject: playcardgames   PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:58 pm Reply with quote

@ playcardgames

yeah dude just post your newest deck version here.

no sense in making a new thread for the same topic. Smile
playcardgames

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:18 am Reply with quote

It took me a while to get enough time to go through everything, but I made a rough draft of the deck I want. Feedback would be appreciated

Monsters
 Hieratic Dragon Of Eset x2
 Hieratic Dragon Of Gebeb x3
 Hieratic Dragon Of Nebthet x1
 Hieratic Dragon Of Su x2
 Hieratic Dragon Of Nuit x2
 Galaxy Eyes Photon Dragon x3
 Hieratic Seal Of The Sun Dragon Overlord x2
 Hieratic Seal Of The Dragon King x2
 Honest x3
 Paladin Of White Dragon x1
 Lady Of D. x1
 Lord Of D. x1
 Red Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon x1

Spells
 Hieratic Seal Of Convocation x2
 Inferno Reckless Summon x3
 Hieratic Seal Of Supremacy x2
 Flute Of Summoning Dragon x2
 White Dragon Ritual x1
 Attrafic Control x1
 Cross Attack x1
 Monster Reborn x1
 Dragon’s Mirror x1

Traps
 Damage Diet x1
 Gamushara x1
 Dust Tornado x1
 Mirror Force x1
 Defense Draw x1
 Threatening Roar x1
 Trap Hole x1
 Sakuretsu Armor x1
 Hieratic Seal Of Banishment x1
 Lumenize x1

Extra Deck
 Neo Galaxy Eyes Photon Dragon x1
 Hieratic Sun Dragon Overlord Of Heliopolis x1
 Hieratic Dragon King Of Atum x1
 5 Headed Dragon x1
 Queen Dragun Djinn x1
 Thunder End Dragon x1

The deck came out to be 48 cards without the extra deck, and I think that's a good amount. I replaced the blue eyes with galaxy eyes so I could focus more on xyz plays rather than fusions, with the exception of 5 headed dragon, which I may take out if it does not work with the rest of the deck.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> YuGiOh! Deck Garage All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: