main page of Trade Cards OnlineTrade Cards Online

The safest place to trade, buy, and sell cards

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
DM Planechase

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Duel Masters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrhudson
Beginner
Beginner

Subject: DM Planechase   PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:29 pm Reply with quote

I'm certain that if there's anyone who played Magic the Gathering before, they will like the idea.

Basically about half a year ago on a polish DM forum we had an idea of creating something similar to Planechase from MTG. We made about 20 cards and then the forum has closed and we forgot about the idea, but now there's a new forum online and the Planechase started to live again, now with full deck of 40 cards.

This section was rewrote on August 13th, you can get more information now.
If you don't know how this works: players are playing with their own Duel Masters deck, with any format they like (maybe except TCG as Planechase features some things that weren't in TCG in that time, like Ninja Strike). The addition is a new planar deck containing 40 Plane and Phenomenon cards and a planar die. Planes are cards that generate a persistent effect on the game (the upper one) and a Chaos effect that occurs whenever the Chaos is rolled on the planar die (we'll go to the die in a second). Phenomenons are similar, but they have one effect that occurs and then are "planeswalked" away. Planeswalk is an action where you put a current Plane on the bottom of the planar deck and reveal another one from the top. At the beginning of the game one card from the top of the planar deck is revealed. Normally, whenever players can summon their creatures and play their cards, they also can roll the planar die. First roll of the planar die in a turn is free. The next one is 1 mana of any color, and every next is one more than the previous one. The die has the planeswalk symbol on one of the sides and a chaos symbol on the opposite side. The other sides are blank. You can also use a normal D6 for this purpose, if so, planeswalk is one and chaos is 6.

The game occurs as it should normally, players win by breaking shields and attacking etc. Planechase just adds a bit of randomness and luck to the game that is really, really fun.

Example of a Plane Card

Example of a Phenomenon Card

How do you like the idea? Share your thoughs Wink

Last edited by mrhudson on Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
hopeless

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:04 am Reply with quote

I would like to play this game but can you send me a mail explaining the whole thing more deeply? and will you be able to add this game on trade cards online?
mrhudson
Beginner
Beginner

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:00 am Reply with quote

Quote:
I would like to play this game but can you send me a mail explaining the whole thing more deeply?

That's why we have forums, my friend Wink

If you still don't understand, I would suggest reading the Magic the Gathering guide for Planechase as it generally doesn't differ from Duel Masters rules for it. It also contains images and other useful stuff. You can find it on MTG Salvation Wiki.
http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/article/Planechase

If you have any specific questions about the mechanics, feel free to ask them, but please don't as questions like "explain Planechase better" because I won't. I just won't.

Quote:
and will you be able to add this game on trade cards online?

Unfortunately I don't have the power to do this and I'm not sure if the site administration (or whoever is the "higher power" able to do such thing) will like the idea, also because it's a fan made format as opposed to something published by official DM devs.

Also, back to the topic, you can find the complete list of first set of Planechase in here:
http://mrhudson.yt/planechase/

Last edited by mrhudson on Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
mrhudson
Beginner
Beginner

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:25 pm Reply with quote

I went to the photographer and printed out the cards. They look fanceh!

hopeless

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:53 pm Reply with quote

I liked this game, there are many reasons for it, one of them is that the creator has included a certain and totally different idea of printing the card image vertically.
hopeless

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:47 am Reply with quote

I am with you in making this game come alive on TCO, its a nice game but still you are not making enough efforts for it, post topics on that "Games not in TCO"
section were I have also posted on for this game Cool say thanx to me Twisted Evil
mrhudson
Beginner
Beginner

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:37 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
I liked this game, there are many reasons for it, one of them is that the creator has included a certain and totally different idea of printing the card image vertically.

I was using Magic Set Editor and a MTG Planechase template, so they are horizontal. They should be bigger (3x5,5" or 76x140mm while currently they are 2,6x3,5" or 65x90cm) but I couldn't afford bigger size (set of 40 cards costs ~5$ + 3$ for a dice). Also, I would like to point out that this is not another game, it's just addon for Duel Masters. You're using your own decks and stuff. August 31st we have a tournament so I will try to record some real-life Planechase gameplay.

Also I thought that the rules section wasn't too clear, so I've rewritten it completely.
mrhudson
Beginner
Beginner

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:44 pm Reply with quote

You can now find whole list of Planechase cards over myah: http://mrhudson.yt/planechase/
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Duel Masters All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: