main page of Trade Cards OnlineTrade Cards Online

The safest place to trade, buy, and sell cards

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Themed Deck Fixtures and Blog

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Kaijudo Trading Card Game
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dudeguyman24

Subject: Themed Deck Fixtures and Blog   PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 1:40 am Reply with quote

I was curious... When I play I seem to run into a bunch of "themed" decks. I really don't know how to make a themed deck, and I really don't know if I have all the cards needed to be playing themes (3 weeks playing Kaijudo).

So what I would like to know is maybe how to start out or the basics to understand the making of a themed deck.

Last edited by dudeguyman24 on Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:56 am; edited 1 time in total
dudeguyman24

Subject: Re: Themed Deck Fixtures?   PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:53 pm Reply with quote

dudeguyman24 wrote:
I was curious... When I play I seem to run into a bunch of "themed" decks. I really don't know how to make a themed deck, and I really don't know if I have all the cards needed to be playing themes (3 weeks playing Kaijudo).

So what I would like to know is maybe how to start out or the basics to understand the making of a themed deck.

I was also wondering which type of deck would be more considerable for tournament play. I know now there's control, aggro, and rush. Is it better to mix the concepts or go one way or another?
dudeguyman24

Subject: Re: Themed Deck Fixtures?   PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:03 am Reply with quote

dudeguyman24 wrote:
dudeguyman24 wrote:

I was also wondering which type of deck would be more considerable for tournament play. I know now there's control, aggro, and rush. Is it better to mix the concepts or go one way or another?

It seems like it more of creating combo and chain effects that in game will create other opportunities for some type of advantage. If you can tap a creature and kill him all because of one ability you're able to control the battle field better. Something allowing you to draw a card, tap something, send creatures to the battle zone for free, mess with the players actual hand, and even deck.

Playing with the cards I own (IRL = In Real Life), seems to be the greatest down fall of my decks. While finding out that many here on the website do not do the same. I've been told to do as such, but haven't wanted to do so (makes me better in real life)...

Also, in playing with a sub par deck it makes me realize the weaknesses and possible strengths gained from not already having what's necessary to have a winning competitive deck.

The better ability to create an effect (EX: win battle, summon creature, creature to battle zone, draw a card/tap a creature) the better chance of having better handle on the game. It sounds like control, but the difference is where the control is placed. Some focus on the battle zone only, and others will focus on the player's hand and battle zone. Or, they may focus on creating better chances to cast creatures, will being able to draw cards... It's all fascinating... And playing all the people I have it is great to see how many different combos there are.
dudeguyman24

Subject: Ramp and Dragons   PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:33 pm Reply with quote

So something I've been trying to learn a lot of is ramp and more about dragons. I've been seeing that ramp is the best way to get a lot of creatures out quick because of acquiring mana very fast. By turn 5 you could have anywhere from 7-9 mana. Makes me very happy.

Dragons are touchy section. Though not every civilization has a bunch of dragons, you'll see a lot of dragons played in almost every type of deck. You see it with aggro, ramp, control for the 3 bases of decks, and then many other styles/sub-themes being used to play. One thing I'll embellish on is fire birds. Fire birds will be used a lot of times to lower the cost of mana to bring in the battle zone. The ability dragon song lowers the cost of each dragon by 1 mana. While the mana is lowering Lux (2 mana), Nix (3 mana), and Umbra (2 mana) are the best cards to play while having more than one civilization. Unlike the W/D/L birds Belua and Kenina both cost 4 mana, making the high cost birds with the same effect. I've noticed most people don't play with them, and I've been advised not to play with them either. The best thing about the birds is that either they can sit in the battle zone and look pretty, making it easier for other dragons to come out, or if you have multiple copies of these birds in your deck you can attack and try to gain an attack advantage while still lowering the cost to get dragons out quicker. It all depends on the player and strategy.
dudeguyman24

Subject: RAMP IT UP!!!   PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:43 pm Reply with quote

Okay, so I'm back again with more findings just to add to the basis of what's already been explained.

RAMP/MANA ACCELERATE

Let's talk about ramp/mana accel. Ramp and mana accelerate (accel) is something you might always see me with. There is nothing better than knowing you have an advantage over your opponent like having more mana. Mana allows you to do literally everything in the game from unlocking your civilizations, to spells, abilities, summoning creatures, and the more you have the more you can do.

Mana is touchy, though not highly recognized (IMO) as a key strategy of the game. Some deck themes don't even emphasize the importance of mana because the deck may not need to ramp at all (which is good). Mana is the basis of everything in the game... As long as you have enough to execute a plan or strategy, that's all the mana you really need. But, who ever said there's such a thing as too much mana!?

The Perfect Ramp

Though it is highly unlikely to happen, it's not impossible. Described by turn:

Turn 1: charge mana
Turn 2: charge mana + sprout (3 mana)
Turn 3: charge mana + sprout(x2) {6 mana}
Turn 4: charge mana + mana storm + reap and sow (10 mana)
Turn 5: After initial charge you start with 11 mana.

Realistically

Now will that ever happen? It may not, but ending turn 4 with 10 mana would be scary for anyone facing that opponent. Now, there's a chance you'll end up losing a couple creatures and spells you might find useful... And with the shuffling ratio on this site it might mean you lose 2-3 of your duplicates of that card (in other words no more of that card for the rest of the game). Is it the end of the world? No. Even with a high mana accel you might have to ditch out the original game plan you may have started with. The other bad part is your draw/hand. You may not have any cards left in your hand by turn 3 or 4 (I know, cause it's happened to me) which will slow and stall any momentum you might have by ramping fast. It's great to have mana, but no good when you have no spells you need to cast, or don't have any creatures (for turns) to summon.

A good ramp or accel deck will have the right amount of duplicates (2 or 3), that way you won't slim your chances of running into that game changing card later on in the game. Is it always safe to run ramp? NO. LOL, I've lost many cards I've needed to my mana zone... Ramp ultimately gives me comfort in knowing I'll either be able to cast more, or summon more than my opponent. Even if you don't have the most powerful creatures, when you have that advantage in the battle zone it can alter an entire game.

I'll have to talk about ramp more later... but for now, I'll keep updating as I learn... Thanks all ya'll for reading!!! Over 2,000 views! LOL, it ain't youtube, but thanks everyone for reading and continuing reading if that includes you.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Kaijudo Trading Card Game All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: