main page of Trade Cards OnlineTrade Cards Online

The best platform to trade all collectible card games!

Miniature Trading
Let us find for you the miniatures you need MiniatureTrading.com

Trade Cards Online
Facebook badge

communicate randomly with people around the world:
throw a message in a bottle

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Braves

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Battle Spirits TCG
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cbox

Subject: Braves   PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:56 pm Reply with quote

All of the information in this post is taken from the Q&A and rulebook pages on the official Japanese Battle Spirits website.

1) the basics of Braves
2) summoning rules of Braves
3) Effects of Braves
4) Remaining Braves

I am making this post to help all those players out there who do not fully understand how braves function. A brave card is different from a spirit card.

1) It has a color, cost, and sometimes reduction the same as a spirit but they are much different. What a brave can do is combine with a spirit/ultimate that meets the correct brave condition specified on the card. For example, on balgunner his brave condition is a cost 4 or higher spirit, Sieg-apollodragon fits that condition thus you can brave it to him. When you brave a card that braves cost, color, symbols, are added to the spirit/ultimate it is braved to and then increases that cards bp at all of it's levels by the number specified in the brave effect section (under the red line) In the case of Sieg, braved to balgunner he would be a cost 10 double symbol red spirit in the astral dragon family with an extra 2000BP at all three of his levels.

2) When summoning a brave card, you can first summon it in spirit condition, by placing core on it then it is treated as a spirit and anything that effects spirits also effect them, you cannot brave a spirit condition brave (there is one card that is the exception to this rule though)

Or, if you have a spirit/ultimate that fits the brave condition already on the field when you are summoning the brave card you may directly place the brave onto that card and brave it.

3) Braves can have the same when attack/block and/or when battle effects that same as spirits/ultimates. Most are active after it is braved, in which case the effect shall activate during the correct timing, and if you spirit/ultimate has an effect that activates at that same time as the controlling player you select the order in which those effects activate. For example Sieg and balgunner, balgunner's when braved effect activates when the brave spirit attacks, likewise Sieg has two effects that activate when he attacks (the first being active at any level and the second being active when he is braved at level 3) so you may choose and select the order in which those effect go off.

4) When a brave spirit/ultimate leaves the field (either by destruction, depletion, or being returned to the hand/deck) the brave card may remain on the field in the same position (refreshed or exhausted) that the brave spirit was in by adding any number of cores you want onto it. Or, you may have the brave follow the spirit/ultimate to whenever it is going. If the brave spirit/ultimate would leave the field while it is attacking/blocking before BP is compared and you decided to leave the brave on the field then the attack/block shall continue with the brave.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to make a reply down below and either myself or someone else will get back to you.

Last edited by cbox on Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:19 am; edited 1 time in total
coolbjkim

Canceled user

Subject: Sources   PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:38 pm Reply with quote

No offense or anything, but can you post the actually japanese rule book link please? I would actually like to read the rule book myself, and I ahve had a hard time finding it.
cbox

Subject: Sources   PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:00 am Reply with quote

http://www.battlespirits.com/pdf/manual.pdf

That is the full rule book, all of the information on braves in on page 18 and 19 in it so have at it. Though if your wondering no I do not speak Japanese, I had a friend of mine UnknownKira who also works on the battlespirits wiki translate it for me and I posted the rules as you see on the forum.
pusitpw

Canceled user

Subject: Brave fusing will not include family and summon ability   PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:02 am Reply with quote

From my knowledge (asked from my country judge), everything on a brave card will combine to the spirit/ultimate except:

1) Family of the brave
2) Summon ability

This is important because there are may effect that will include families and card with a summon effect. The brave fusion will combine everything from the brave card into the spirit/ultimate expects these 2 things.

If anyone check with Japanese rule and found a difference please let me know and I will ask my country judge to confirm. (He also refers to Japanese rules manual.)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Battle Spirits TCG All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: