main page of Trade Cards OnlineTrade Cards Online

The safest place to trade, buy, and sell cards

bulletin boards

TIP Browse other people's trade binders displaying the images of all the cards they are offering for trade.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Herald Introduction

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Hecatomb TCG
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wapcaplets

Canceled user

Subject: Herald Introduction   PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:02 pm Reply with quote

Hello, all.

My name's Chris (aka kapnkrunch) and I'm the Herald for the (relatively) new Hecatomb TCG by Wizards.

I started playing Magic way back in the day when "The Dark" came out but I quit after Weatherlight. I saw Hecatomb a while ago in a store and really liked the transparent cards with the stacking game-mechanic and was hooked.

Anyway, I hope there are lots of other people that get together with their friends for a wholesome evening of summoning demons and destroying the world so we can get some good trading going on!

Take care,
kapnkrunch
the_person

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:36 pm Reply with quote

how do you play?
wapcaplets

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:17 pm Reply with quote

It borrows a lot of concepts from Magic but they've made it unique, too. There are four "dooms" and each "doom" is a different type of mana:

- Corruption (Gray)
- Deceit (Blue)
- Destruction (Red)
- Greed (Green)

Each player starts with 5 "souls" and the first to get to 20 souls wins. The three main card types are Minions, Fates, and Relics which are similar in game-play to Creatures, Sorceries, and Enchantments in Magic. There are also "Combat Fates" and "Combat Minions" which can be played as normal Fates or Minions but can also be played like "Instants" during combat.

One interesting game mechanic is that each card can either be played as the card as written or as a mana card. To play a card as a mana card you just put it in play backwards and it is a "land" that produces a mana of the "doom" it represents.

I've only played with a starter and a few boosters but, as far as I can tell, there isn't much of a counter-strategy mechanic like there is in Magic but there are lots of ways to make your opponent's life difficult. The mechanic is simpler than Magic but there is still a wide breadth of play options.

Check it out at www.hecatombtcg.com.

~kapnkrunch
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Hecatomb TCG All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: