main page of Trade Cards OnlineTrade Cards Online

The safest place to trade, buy, and sell cards

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Wondering about plastic card protectors

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Welcome! (including Forum Rules)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
purecanadian

Canceled user

Subject: Wondering about plastic card protectors   PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:12 am Reply with quote

Hello everyone... I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on which card protectors are the best... I recently got a collection of cards that came in BCW Pro-9T sleeves. Does anyone have any experience with this brand? I would hate to have my cards kept in sleeves that may damage them in the long term, instead of protecting them.
I plan on keeping these cards for a very long time and passing them down the generations, so I want the absolute best for them!

Any help or tips about keeping cards would be appreciated.

The reason why im worried about this is that I have heard that certian sleeves (cheaper ones) could have something in there plastic that could possible harm cards in the long term.

Thanks
Travis
master_of_flame

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:53 am Reply with quote

i think u would b better off with large ultra pro slips(the 1's with cool lustre patterns on the back) as they keep the back from fading. the problem is that with any slip, taking the cards out and putting them back WILL scratch the pic(about 25+ both required), so u should be fine, as long as u dont go for the " $2.00 for 50 slips" brands, but the (aus)$6.55 for 50.
ladym

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:16 am Reply with quote

I only use Ultra Pro for my collection.
lowie

Canceled user

Subject: hard or soft???   PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:10 pm Reply with quote

Hi! okay total NEWBIE here... I admit it... and truly don't mind it except, as your all going to be able to tell... I know Nothing! So! as far as the protective covers are we talking the Hard clear plastic or the Soft plastic flexible type???? Lowie
ladym

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:10 pm Reply with quote

soft sleeves are the soft flexible type

hard plastics sleeves are usually referred to as top loaders

The question was about soft sleeves, or so I thought
lowie

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:54 am Reply with quote

Soo the soft flexible type are better than the "Top Loaders"... F???? Figures... I just put all the Toontown Online cards in those (the Top Loaders) Crying or Very sad
Lowie
edward

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:29 pm Reply with quote

Soft Sleeves are meant for game play to protect the cards from damage.
Hard sleeves or top loaders are good when trading. They protect the cards from bending when sending through the mail. Good soft sleeves have a color or an image on back for telling your cards from your opponents. I have these soft sleeves for my decks. They come in many colors and images.

ladym

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:31 pm Reply with quote

Many people will use both soft sleeves and hard top loaders when trading or thinking about preservation.

Its fine to put you cards in top loaders.
Its does prevent accidental bends or creases.

Using a soft slleve will protect from acccidental scratches that might occur when removing the card from the top loader.
darthglorfindel

Canceled user

Subject: played in sleeves   PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:09 pm Reply with quote

One thing I have noticed with cards that I played in sleeves:

If I haven't played in a long time and I left the cards in the sleeves for a while (months) after a game, they start to get some gunge on them from the crud that seeped into the sleeve from the dirty table I had played on.

So you may not want to store your cards in the same sleeves that you play them in.

Players in my area don't care about condition, since they just want to use the cards; but I am the opposite - I would rather keep a Mint card than win a game.
prosaic

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:45 am Reply with quote

Ultra pro card sleeves are the best. Whatever sleeve you opt to use, you'll eventually have to change them. They get used up with time. But Ultra pro rules Cool
danny_r

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:15 pm Reply with quote

now i dont no what everyone else thinks, but if fink the post above is spam as its a 2 yr old post written by a canceled user
jason_brownell

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:29 pm Reply with quote

#1 this is really big spam.

#2 I only use ultra Pro for my cards i use toploaders on all the cards in all 4 of my decks.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Welcome! (including Forum Rules) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: