main page of Trade Cards OnlineTrade Cards Online

The safest place to trade, buy, and sell cards

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Is there any star trek players out there?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Star Trek
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ophidian007

Canceled user

Subject: Is there any star trek players out there?   PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:41 am Reply with quote

I see people looking at post but no ones talking???? Are there no star trek players veiwing this forum?
capthawke

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:30 pm Reply with quote

I consider myself a player, but I can't find anyone in my area. So I'm spending my time trying to round out my collection until I can find anyone to play. Do you play 1E or 2E?
ophidian007

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:26 am Reply with quote

I play mainly 2E. It's so much easier to play. I tried to teach my wife 1E once and it she didn't like it. Most of the time I play with my wife after our baby goes to bed. I play with some guys at MTG tournaments. I run MTG tournaments and I bring a couple of decks so anyone that wants to play I have decks. I'm one of the few that sold my MTG cards and bought STCCG cards.
ophidian007

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:27 am Reply with quote

I forgot to ask what do you play 1E or 2E
capthawke

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:52 pm Reply with quote

I play 1E. I have no intrest in 2E
ophidian007

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:56 pm Reply with quote

Just wondering why you have no intrest in 2E?
dragonbones

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:14 am Reply with quote

ophidian007 wrote:
Just wondering why you have no intrest in 2E?

I got a lot of cards that am trying to trade off, I get like a 100 or so will trade them off for yu-gi-oh! cards
dangevin

Canceled user

Subject: play   PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:02 pm Reply with quote

I played for years alongside Magic, with some Magic players. Never did the pokemon or yugioh thing, we were all a little more adult I think.

I still have the remnants of a deck, a Hero of the Empire deck using lots of TWT stuff. It sucked, compared to the Klingon Fleet and the Cardassian Capture decks that trounced me in the local qualifier tournament I entered...but it was well-made and I made great use of Q the Referee (I had all my cards "magic bullet" effects memorized hehe).

There are a few scattered playgroups that I sell to around the world...one in Australia, a few in England and Europe. Rarely, but once in a while, some playgroups from the States will buy from me...but most of my sales are to set completionists...people who used to play and now just like to keep the cards.

It's a shame since I'm really impressed with 2E's balance and flexibility. Player interaction is great with the "drawing dilemmas" mechanic and it rewards detailed and attentive play, meaning smart people who pay attention really do get rewarded with the edge.

That said...it's Star Trek, and will always have a stigma attached to it. It's just not Cool except to fellow Trekkies, and even then elitist Trekkers will look down their noses at any CCG, no matter how well-made. They're the kind of collectors who keep their electronic sound-and-light phaser mint-in-box and never once pull the trigger. What a shame Smile

-Dan
ophidian007

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:57 pm Reply with quote

dangevin, I just bought a bunch of cards from you on ebay.

I'm a long time gamer and has played most games. Played 1E for about a year but the rules just got crazy. I was so happy when 2E came out. I still play magic (over 10 years know) but the price of magic singles is just stupid. For magic I just play limited tournaments and sell the card I open and buy 2E. Very Happy . When I go to a magic PTQ and in between rounds we play a random game ie, L5R, Shadowrun, Star Wars, ST 2E. The best is after my daugther goes to bed my wife and I break out some decks and play for hours. Too bad she made her Klingon deck too good. That why I bought cards from you. Have to keep up. Laughing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Star Trek All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: