main page of Trade Cards OnlineTrade Cards Online

The safest place to trade, buy, and sell cards

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Star Wars TCG card correction solicitations

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Star Wars TCG
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redneckjedi

Canceled user

Subject: Star Wars TCG card correction solicitations   PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:17 pm Reply with quote

I'm happy to announce that as of this post, all the card updates and corrections I identified through the Return of the Jedi expansion have been implemented! However, there was one oversight on my part, as well as a miscommunication on 2 other cards that will be corrected when I submit the Revenge of the Sith card list in April:

• "4-Lom (A)" should be spelled "4-LOM (A)"
  • "Sith Infiltraitor (B)" should be spelled "Sith Infiltraitor"
  • "Zam Wesell (B) Promo" should be Rarity "P" rather than "C"

If you were somewhat stunned by the second card in the list, allow me to state why. I had lengthy e-mail discussions with TCO's The Powers That Be in how I thought all the card problems should be rectified. The final decision was that the card names should be listed on TCO "as printed." Spelling errors and all. Before my becoming the Herald, they took their card name info directly from Wizards' website... errata applied.

So, based on this directive, here are the other little imperfections you will also find:
  • Royal Gaurds from RotJ with the misspelling intact
  • Anakin's Podracer and Sebulba's Podracer from TPM without unique identifiers
  • Aurra Sing (B) from TPM and Jango Fett (E) from JG have their incorrect unique identifier
  • Other duplicate card names: Star Destroyer, Space Slug, and Blockade

Code:
TIP: When browsing your Have/Want lists, click on the "see more fields" link in the upper right corner of the card list columns to show the set name to help differentiate between these duplicate names.

My take on this directive is that TCO is a collector's tool first, and a gamer's tool second. I guess as a card collector, things like errata matter very little. So, if you use the upload tool to manage your lists, please keep all the above information in mind.

That said, at this time you may feel free to reply in this post with anything you find missing or in error with the Star Wars TCG cards. This is especially true when it comes to the Promo cards, as I don't always catch them when they are immediately released.

Thanks, and I hope I've made your TCO experience at little more helpful and enjoyable!
--RJ
baron_ployer

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:10 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
Sith Infiltraitor (B)" should be spelled "Sith Infiltraitor"

Pardon me for disagreeing. The #28 (PM) card should be called Sith Infiltrator and not Infiltraitor (it comes from the To Infiltrate verb). I believe this is a typo overlooked by WotC when they released it.
redneckjedi

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:51 pm Reply with quote

baron_ployer wrote:
Pardon me for disagreeing. The #28 (PM) card should be called Sith Infiltrator and not Infiltraitor (it comes from the To Infiltrate verb). I believe this is a typo overlooked by WotC when they released it.

And I wholeheartedly agree with you. For gaming purposes, the card technically should be listed as Sith Infiltrator (B). However, as mentioned in the original post of this thread:
redneckjedi wrote:
If you were somewhat stunned by the second card in the list, allow me to state why. I had lengthy e-mail discussions with TCO's The Powers That Be in how I thought all the card problems should be rectified. The final decision was that the card names should be listed on TCO "as printed." Spelling errors and all.

So, the correct spelling is as you say. But for the purposes of this website, the cards are to be listed here with the original spelling (or in this case misspelling) as printed. I know that it's funky... the perfectionist in me doesn't prefer it this way, and my personal website I maintain for the cards shows the correct spelling with errata applied.

Each line for 4-LOM and Sith Infiltrator, is a "command" I give to TPTB to make the changes. They take the command to mean, "The card needs to be spelled in this particular way on the card list."
redneckjedi

Canceled user

Subject: Re: Star Wars TCG card correction solicitations   PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:48 pm Reply with quote

redneckjedi wrote:
...corrected when I submit the Revenge of the Sith card list in April:

• "4-Lom (A)" should be spelled "4-LOM (A)"
  • "Sith Infiltraitor (B)" should be spelled "Sith Infiltraitor"
  • "Zam Wesell (B) Promo" should be Rarity "P" rather than "C"

Thanks to new tools at my disposal, I updated the above corrections. Also, note that the Commerce Guild Starship from RotS is a duplicated name going all the way back to AotC.

Henceforth, any future card errors on this site will be handled in a much quicker fashion.
redneckjedi

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:30 pm Reply with quote

Just when I thought I had all the cards listed...

Qui-Gon Jinn (B) Promo #10 was added today.
redneckjedi

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:48 pm Reply with quote

Long time, no post, eh?

With the new Online Games implemented for the Star Wars TCG, I've been working diligently to update all the cards' images and electronically-stored gaming text.

With the exception of some subtypes, the cards are all updated through Rogues and Scoundrels. You may expect updates to the sets following RAS in the coming days.

Also, be sure to check out the Dream Cards section. The SWTCG has over 50 there, and they're a lot of fun to check out and create!

Last edited by redneckjedi on Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
redneckjedi

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:42 pm Reply with quote

Phantom Menace is now updated.
redneckjedi

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:41 pm Reply with quote

Return of the Jedi and Revenge of the Sith are now updated, as are all subtypes on sets previous to these.

At this time, all pertinent gaming information is updated for the Star Wars TCG. Flavor text was added to all RotS cards (that had flavor text) and all AotC cards with no gaming text that had flavor text.

I do not intend to update the flavor text, unless there is demand for it.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Star Wars TCG All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: