Lately, I have been receiving many questions reguarding the Protected Trade option of this site. Since our official middleman left the site, there has been discussion about cutting this feature permanently due to the great lack of use.
Therefore, some alternatives to use in place of the Protected Trade feature are:
* A Herald in your area
* Someone who has lots of references and at least one year membership on the site
I'm also looking for volunteers to sign-up. If your interested in being a middleman for this card game, have at least 40 references, and have at least one year of membership to this site, please post your username below and I will add you to the list of volunteers.
Remember, these Middlman Trades must follow these procedures:
* Two users of Trade Cards Online reach an agreement concerning the cards they want to trade.
* One of them (User A) will contact one of the Volunteers or Heralds to use as the Middleman for a trade.
* The Volunteer or Herald must then agree to be the Middleman.
* User A can then tell the Middleman the details of the trade.
* The Middleman will then send the information to User B for a confirmation.
* The Users A & B must agree with the Middleman on a method of reimbursements for the Middlmans shipping costs.
* Both parties in the trade will send their cards and the agreed reimbursement for shipping to the Middleman.
* After receiving both deliveries, the Middleman checks that the cards are the agreed ones, and only then send them to their new owners.
* If one of the parties of the trade does not send the agreed cards in a specified period of time, the cards that the other party had sent for the trade are returned to them. If this happens, the User that did send the cards has the option of filing a Bad Trader report on the User that didn't send because the agreement was broken.