main page of Trade Cards OnlineTrade Cards Online

The safest place to trade, buy, and sell cards

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Please help me!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Welcome! (including Forum Rules)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
babadish

Canceled user

Subject: Please help me!   PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:37 am Reply with quote

Hi, this is user ansh!!!! I have been cancelled from the site, and I really don't know why(there has not even been bad reports against me)!!!!!!!!

The webmaster did ask me to edit a post from a thread but when I clicked on the link, I really didn't find anything innapropriate and it didn't even direct me to the reported content!!!!! Then, I just forgot about that; we do have other priorities apart from TCO!!!! The webmaster could have atleast sent me a final warning before just cancelling my membership!!!!! Please check out this link and let me know if you find any of my posts innapropriate.

http://www.tradecardsonline.com/im/forum/viewtopic/t=12303///

Please help me reintegrate, and I promise I will not do anything wrong next time if I have done a mistake unknowingly!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please help me, I really love this site!!!!!! I consider it as my home!!!!!!!!! Please. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

I'm posting this from a friend's account!
cord234
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:43 pm Reply with quote

The reason you were banned is because you spammed the forums constantly and held open fights with user prosaic. The webmaster wanted you to clean your posts up and take your spam off of his forum, you didn't, so he booted you, pure and simple.
babadish

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:59 pm Reply with quote

You all know that I did that unknowingly! I really hated when prosaic spammed threads, and in the process of making him stop that, I just spammed the threads!!!! And I cannot delete my spams! Only the forum mod. can do that! And I would really love if he could do that and also reduce my no. of posts and my rating also!!! The webmaster didn't even ask me to remove those spams!(even if it was a time-consuming, I wouldn't have mind doing so; but I would only be able to edit the posts and it would still be a spam)!!! Instead, he just banned me( an easy solution rather than taking a look at my posts(only 36) and deleting those which he found innapropriate)!

And if spam was the reason, why didn't user prosaic get banned, huh?????
He spammed much more threads than me!!!

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Last edited by babadish on Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total
cord234
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:00 pm Reply with quote

Everything I post about the Salvation (or lack thereof) I post in the appropriate Clan forum threads, where it is NOT spam. And that is all the webmaster wanted you to do, is edit the posts and take the text out. And as far as him deleting your posts, that is your job, which you neglected, and that is why he banned you. And as long as I'm on the subject, it is not your job to make other users stop spamming by joining them. Instead you should have reported his posts as spam using the report spam button found on every post in the forum (which is probably what someone did to you).
babadish

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:31 pm Reply with quote

When you edit a post and remove all the text, it asks you to enter a msg before you submit! If I enter any text, it will still be called a spam! And a user can only delete his own posts during a short period of time after he posted them! After that, the option to do so is disabled! And you noticed that people of this site no longer cares, except for some like you!! Do you think that I have all the time of the world; for me to report 95% of his posts(nobody else would have done so cause they don't care)????

The second reason why I went out against him is because he posted my username somewhere(i don't remember), and accused me publicly that ALL my cards are fake(a LIE)!!!! What rights he got on me and my cards to say that? I reported that content, and after 1 month only was that content edited(a few days ago)! Do you realize that???? Won't I really be angry?

And as I said, the webmaster could have sent me a final warning about my posts which were reported and if they were not removed immediately, only then he should have banned me! I am a human too, I can forget things!

Anyways, is there any way that I can now delete the innapropriate posts which I made and ask the webmaster to allow me back in? Can I ask the forum mod. to delete the posts? Will I then regain my place?
cord234
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:45 pm Reply with quote

The reason you may not be able to delete your post is because someone quoted it before, and if you were to delete your post that would delete their quote. Most people who have this problem just delete all the text in the post and leave a comment by itself with something like "Edit" or "delete post". Also, you do not have to report all of a user's posts as spam, one is enough to get them busted, so it is not time consuming at all. If someone accuses you of something, all that is needed is for you to deny the claim and say that is untrue, once and once only. As for the slow response time, the webmaster is busy and cannot constantly monitor every forum post, but he does eventually get around to them. It may take a while, but it gets done, so be patient. About you getting your account back, that most likely won't happen, but the only thing you can do now is send him an email explaining the situation and ask him to reinstate your account, but that most likely will not happen.
babadish

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:02 am Reply with quote

I never saw something like "Edit" or "delete post"! I would have certainly done it, had I ever known that this was possible!
And if I report one of his content, the webmaster sends him a note, he edits it and that's it; the issue's over! He can now continue spamming the threads!
I did deny the claim once and did not plan to do so again! But prosaic kept on insisting on this claim everywhere he had the occasion as if he knows me and my cards better than I! Remaining quiet would only mean that I accept this statement!

I sent the mail and even asked him why he did not send a final warning!
Anyways, why is it most likely that he will not reinstate my acc.? I did nothing wrong and if unknowingly I did, I am really very sorry! I have not been here for a very long time and I don't know in depth how things work("Edit" or "delete post")

Please cord, you have been here for a long time and you are a dedicated member! Can't you have a talk with the webmaster??? I really feel shattered and that too just because of a new member who thinks that he's allowed to do anything and that rules don't apply for him(a quote from prosaic)
cord234
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:07 am Reply with quote

No, what I'm saying is you should've deleted all of your text in your posts and should have just put on a line by itself "Edit" or "Delete". Also, a person who is reported but then fixes his post is not free to spam again, because if he does he will again be reported, and the webmaster will most likely boot him right out instead of giving him a second chance. The webmaster gave you fair warning to edit your post, and you refused, and he almost never reinstates accounts, so that is why I doubt you will be an exception. As I said before, if you have a problem with a user's post about you, deny it once, and then report it, it is not your job to be the TCO police or to try and control spamming with more spamming.
prosaic

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:55 am Reply with quote

Putting the blame on user prosaic won't bring you back babadish.
AND I WOULD LIKE TO CLARIFY SOMETHING-
Babadish is a member since July 8, 2007, and so was Ansh. So that means that you intentionally registered under two different user names. That's why I was always initially getting poor overall points for my decks, reviews and dream cards.
Did you think everyone stupid as not to see through your little scheme?
You made a mistake by saying your real identity,and troubling Cord for your mistakes. If you just re-registered, it would have been something else. And now don't blabber that you are currently using your friends' account, nobody will believe you.
And you can't have two similar people in a house, that's simply not acceptable. If you didn;t mind your posts so much, then why do you want to regain the identity of Ansh??(Don't say that's a friend's account, you know that's a lie). Hope I have been helpful, and that this will not be considered as spamming...for I unearthed the fact that Ansh has registered under two different uernames, just to get more points in his reviews Rolling Eyes
babadish

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:41 am Reply with quote

'Delete post'

Last edited by babadish on Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
babadish

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:21 am Reply with quote

cord234 wrote:
No, what I'm saying is you should've deleted all of your text in your posts and should have just put on a line by itself "Edit" or "Delete". Also, a person who is reported but then fixes his post is not free to spam again, because if he does he will again be reported, and the webmaster will most likely boot him right out instead of giving him a second chance. The webmaster gave you fair warning to edit your post, and you refused, and he almost never reinstates accounts, so that is why I doubt you will be an exception. As I said before, if you have a problem with a user's post about you, deny it once, and then report it, it is not your job to be the TCO police or to try and control spamming with more spamming.

Yeah I understood, but I really did not know that this could be done!(Edit/delete)! And if a normal and with no innapropriate content is reported(you know prosaic's ways), does the webmaster automatically ban the user without investigating???? I never refused to edit my posts; I simply could not figure out how I could do so and after that, I just forgot! I do have work other than TCO!

I did deny that post and reported it! But prosaic just went on with that! And also, 1 content took atleast 1 month to be removed! It would take forever to report and edit all the posts and accusations he made about me!

I'm not trying to be a TCO police but won't you be really angry if someone tries to blacken your face and put a spot on your character when you know that there's nothing wrong with you???????

Also, I would like to point out that the forum mod. did not sign in since 18 days! So even if I posted 'delete post' on all my spams, it would not be removed and the webmaster would still think that I made no attempt to remove those spams!

I would like to see your state of mind if such injustice was done to one of you!!!!!
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
prosaic

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:59 am Reply with quote

I'm so sorry to see how bad you feel about being banned
You have only one chance to make the first impression and you spoilt that.

Now don't say anything mean, for I know you didn't want me to relpy.
Neelesh Purryag will be so happy to know his name is here Very Happy

Last edited by prosaic on Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:47 am; edited 1 time in total
admin
Site Admin

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:57 am Reply with quote

After reviewing his case carefully and accepting his apologies, I have reinstantiated the account of user ansh. Hopefully he'll put to good use this second (and last) chance. No more spam will be accepted.

And thanks, user cord234, for your wise words and advice, it's good to have helpful people around.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Welcome! (including Forum Rules) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: