main page of Trade Cards OnlineTrade Cards Online

The safest place to trade, buy, and sell cards

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
New Here (too!!!)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Welcome! (including Forum Rules)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
virtualoasis

Canceled user

Subject: New Here (too!!!)   PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:14 am Reply with quote

Hey guys! I'm new here! Just "joined" by accidently finding this site from www.miniaturetrading.com so I was already signed up.
Long story short.... been a Star Wars fan since 1977 (I turn 34 in a few days) and grew up with it. Last Thurs. I was at my local comic store picking up my weekly comics and last Wed. I had FINALLY put together my "freebie" packet from the same comic store of Star Wars Pocketmodels. So, I saw a packet of Ground Assault and bought a pack (FOR $5... now a LOT of money considering I've been trading and have a collection of models now!)
So, I'm trying to get a full set of ships. I DON'T know how to play card games and REALLY just enjoy building the models and am going to do some paintings for displays of these models. I have a COMPLETE HUGE BOX of (not a shoe box... not a box the cards come in but a BOX) of Star Wars cards I just found tonight in my storage bedroom I had forgotten about. I posted all my foils I could go through so far to trade. I bought Star Wars cards from EVERYTHING all the way back to the bubble gum card 1977 or 78 whenever it was TOPPS (i think!) baseball cards.
I ONLY bought them because I WAS heavily into collecting autographs and have met everyone from Ray Pak (Darth Maul, Toad, Snake Eyes) to former President Jimmy Carter and gotten their autographs.
I now have no use for these cards as I've sold off most of my autograph collection and would LIKE to trade cards for miniatures (pocketmodels or that new game that I know NOTHING about!)
Darth Plagueis INTRIGUES me! From what I read on WOOKIEPEDIA last night, is that HE manipulated the midi-chlorians to create ANAKIN! So, this guy is ESSINTIALLY Darth Vader's FATHER! AND Luke and Leia's GRANDFATHER! TOO COOL!
So, I'd LOVE to get one of his miniatures.
That's all! Check out my list and I'll continue to update it! Help me get rid of this box taking up space and into the models/miniatures as I TRULY love building them and displaying them.

Andrew

PS My FIRST art piece is going to be a night time scene on Endor of an Imperial Shuttle flying to the Imperial Landing Platform at night with the 2nd Death Star in the sky like a technological moon and AT-AT near the platform. CAN'T WAIT to get started on it!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Welcome! (including Forum Rules) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: