main page of Trade Cards OnlineTrade Cards Online

The safest place to trade, buy, and sell cards

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
New rule for tournamet scores?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> YuGiOh! Tournaments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

Subject: New rule for tournamet scores?   PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:41 pm Reply with quote

Hi,

It seems that our current scoring system for the online tournaments may cause someone who plays lots and lots of games to get a high score even if they lose most of the games. For example, currently, user iannolo is ranking on the second position with 83 games lost and only 32 games won. This may not be a normal occurrence and probably will not resist in that position as the tournament progresses. Nevertheless, I would like to propose a possible change in the scoring mechanism so as to avoid this: the points will still be awarded as they are now, but then, to the final score, we would subtract as many points as games that user has lost above the number of games they have won. That is, the score now would be the normal score - (games lost - games won). This of course only when the number of games lost is higher than the number of games won.
This way games lost only will grant you points if you win at least as many games as you lose. Those games you lose over that don't give you any points.

I would like to hear your opinions about this before we take a decision on implementing it. Or if you have any better ideas.

Thanks a lot in advance for your ideas and feedback.

Last edited by admin on Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
prosaic

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:29 pm Reply with quote

If you lose points like this while losing, I can just see people running off and closing their browser a little before then lose, or as they start...
pkultimaomega

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:39 pm Reply with quote

That's true, but that has already been a problem, and there should be rules that stop abortion of games. But this rule change is a good change to have points more accurate to a person's performance. I haven't played that much (since summer ended there is no time) but I noticed my approximate 14-2 August record was far below other people's scores with a much lower percentage of wins.

For the abortion problem, I propose that in an aborted game, the person that aborted the game receives the points, and the other person loses a point more than if lost. And if both people abort the game in the proper manor, in case of a connection problem, both players end off with no change in points. People could try to abuse the previous statement if one is losing, but it would take much time to abuse, not worth it to many. And a bigger committee to view aborted games would be even more helpful, and easier to run with less abusers in the said system.

Please respond with your opinions, I always wanted to mention this, and thought this was a good time. Thank you for running this site the best you can, this is still a great place to be.
prosaic

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:59 am Reply with quote

pkultimaomega wrote:
T And a bigger committee to view aborted games would be even more helpful, and easier to run with less abusers in the said system.

Confused
pkultimaomega

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:25 pm Reply with quote

I wish you actually gave an opinion to my entire idea prosaic, not just respond to one part with an emoticon.
prosaic

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:54 pm Reply with quote

Ok, so can you imagine people volunteering to look at 1000+ duel results per week? I can't.

And even if there is someone, he'll not be doing it on a regular basis even if he promises to do so.
pkultimaomega

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:17 pm Reply with quote

My point was that because of my above idea, that it would harder to cheat, meaning that there would less duels to look over. But you make a good point, and if there are really that many duels to look over, I guess it may not be possible. I am more interested about opinions on my proposal about point changes, what do you think about that?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> YuGiOh! Tournaments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: