main page of Trade Cards OnlineTrade Cards Online

The safest place to trade, buy, and sell cards

bulletin boards

TIP Buy and sell your cards at Trade Cards Online. You can transfer money from your account to another user to pay for his cards.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Keep losing connection with my opponent in the game room

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Welcome! (including Forum Rules)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
orpheus

Canceled user

Subject: Keep losing connection with my opponent in the game room   PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:33 am Reply with quote

For some reason, I lose my connection in the game room playing yu-gi-oh. The connection doesnt return. Eventually I just have to call the game and exit. It usually happens early in the process-- within the first 5 minutes. Anyone know why I'm having problems?
prosaic

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:47 am Reply with quote

Maybe you should get a better internet connection?
orpheus

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:43 am Reply with quote

I think there is something interfering with the transmition. I just played for 45 minutes with someone... we were in game three, and i lost my connection with my opponent. I have a reasonably fast DSL and play online games from time to time.
In fact, when I lose commuinication with my opponent, I can still manipulate the table, type comments on the wall, move cards around, etc. I only lose communication with them... like they left the table (but I know they havnt).
My theory is that there is an automatic updater or a firewall component, etc. that is interfering with my communication. Any ideas?
prosaic

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:07 am Reply with quote

When the connection cuts, you can still move cards and stuff because those were previously loaded. The commands work because your internet connection is currently working, but this doesn't exclude the possibility that it broke instantaneously before.
chibionineko
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:44 am Reply with quote

the connection speed really isnt an issue, i have played with the service in the past over a 56k modem connection and it worked fine. The problem is if your doing anything else. Even now with cable internet i can't be using a messenger program or doing downloads in the background and play a game. the software just doesnt like you multitasking, try closing all other browser windows and messenger services and see how it works. If that doesn't work try defragging your computer and running a virus scan, some viruses send constant web transmissions that would interfear with the game, especally keymapping programs.
ace_

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:24 am Reply with quote

As chibionineko have already told the answer but still I want to add that, this happens with me too when I do some other works while dueling like checking forums or if using instant messenger but you are doing nothing while dueling and it is still happening then I think there should be 2 reasons:

1- Your internet connection is not sending that much packets that are required to duel in TCO means may be your internet connection is fast but may be at that time it wasn't.

or may be

2- You are seeing no program running but still some program is running like some anti-virus programs update them self with out knowing you. May be at that time anti-virus program was updating.

This what I think. I am not saying that this must be happening but probably any of these two was happening.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Welcome! (including Forum Rules) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: