main page of Trade Cards OnlineTrade Cards Online

The safest place to trade, buy, and sell cards

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Is it possible to turn off Spell Check?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Welcome! (including Forum Rules)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
evra_von

Canceled user

Subject: Is it possible to turn off Spell Check?   PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:02 pm Reply with quote

The spell check doesn't recognize a lot of card names as real words, so i have to change them into something that LOOKS like the real name and hope that people can decipher the card i was talking about based on context. Can this be turned off? Other people don't seem to have a problem, is it that I'm still a beginner on this site and I just need to wait a while?
djcard

Canceled user

Subject: hmmm   PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:39 pm Reply with quote

you could press the ignore button, as well as not using the card name too much, instead of starting every sentence with the card name, use "It" or some other substitute word, otherwise I know of no other way to deal with it
tyrust

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:03 pm Reply with quote

You can also break the name up with some BB Code into smaller bits that really are words. Take the card name "Terraforming" for instance. Spell check will hate on it for not being a real word. But if you place some BBC tags in there, it will go with it. If you submit "Terra[b][/b]forming," then it will read it as "Terra" and "forming", which it recognizes as words.

In names not based on words, like "Tyranitar", you'll have to use more tags, like "Ty[b][/b]ran[b][/b]i[b][/b]tar."

If you don't believe me, quote this and run spell check, it'll say there are no misspellings.
evra_von

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:00 am Reply with quote

Thank you Tyrust that has helped so much!
tyrust

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:37 am Reply with quote

No problem XD Hafta get creative when circumventing blocks and filters sometimes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Welcome! (including Forum Rules) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: