main page of Trade Cards OnlineTrade Cards Online

The safest place to trade, buy, and sell cards

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Using first cards in hand with ease!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> YuGiOh! Card Strategy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rasanman23

Canceled user

Subject: Using first cards in hand with ease!   PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:18 am Reply with quote

How to use your fist cards in hand when battling? Hmm? Somthing I always had a problem with. Lets have experts give us newbies hints!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy >Very Happy
djcard

Canceled user

Subject: wow   PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:21 am Reply with quote

i so need someone to help me out too...If i dont get good cards first hand i usually lose
skittlz100
Master
Master

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:16 pm Reply with quote

Wait... so you want to know how to use your first 6 cards effectively? I'm kind of confused...
superjon

Canceled user

Subject: Pro Tips   PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:35 pm Reply with quote

Ok nooobs, here's the best advice I can give without knowing specific cards or decks:

Don't over- extend your hand. Meaning, dont try to play all your cards on turn 1. More than likely you're not going to win on turn 1, so try and plan ahead. Try and set up your next few turns.

Don't set 3-4 cards in your backfield without having some kind of protection for them, ie: Starlight Road, Solemn, Dark Bribe, ect.

Just be patient. Unless you're playing aganist Frog FTK, you're gonna have at least 3-4 turns in the duel to try and do stuff.....

Relax, and trust in the "Heart of the Cards".............Good Luck!
djcard

Canceled user

Subject: Re: Pro Tips   PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:12 pm Reply with quote

superjon wrote:

Relax, and trust in the "Heart of the Cards".............Good Luck!

lol ok, im not a nooob i just wanted to see what advice would pop up, and im guessing your a yugi fan...me too Very Happy
boyracer

Canceled user

Subject: this is what i do   PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:17 pm Reply with quote

One face down defence monster and 2 magic/traps, even if they are useless it makes your opponent think twice about attacking
geengy

Canceled user

Subject: Try setting up a blackwing deck.   PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:00 am Reply with quote

Try setting up a blackwing deck. I heard of a blackwing trap that lets u PLAY IT FROM UR HAND! But I think superjon is right.
djcard

Canceled user

Subject: oh   PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:53 pm Reply with quote

one awesome first hand I like using is when I have a ritual card in my hand(black luster ritual/curse of masked beast) They ley you discard cards from field OR HAND!!!! Perfect first turn monster!!!

what deck i use this combo with? check it out please:
http://www.tradecardsonline.com/im/showDeck/deck_id/131147
not just random cards, theres some good first hand combos in here!
ryukadios

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:50 pm Reply with quote

one awesome first hand I like using is when I have a ritual card in my hand(black luster ritual/curse of masked beast) They ley you discard cards from field OR HAND!!!! Perfect first turn monster!!!
[quote] I don't know about that, Ritual monsters are really take up a lot of room in your deck. They need their spell cards or else they are a dead draw and vice versa. To be honest i would only use the black luster solider if you have a polymerization and one of the hex sealed fusion monsters, instant dragon master knight. I use to run a blue-eyes white dragon deck and it had two paladin of white dragon and the only reason I used them is because it works great with manju the ten-thousand hands.
whythisname

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:32 pm Reply with quote

Well I usually like to play a monster in attack mode first turn, but it really depends on what I have in hand. A good flip effect monster in face down defense can also really help you ruin any strategies your opponent had. I just look at what offers the best survivability for my monster, I mean a monster with 2000 atk and 0 def has no use being played in defense, at least not first turn.

But its all about knowing your cards and knowing your deck, the trick in deck building is having the cards in such amounts that some cards are easy to pull (so have the best chance of being in your first hand) and others hard (meaning they will appear later in game if all goes according to plan). Also having many different cards which easily combo with others can make great strategies. For that I really like the Genex archtype, they all have individual effects, but once you combine their effects with each other you can get really powerful combos. Sometimes even 2 cards can make such a potent combo that your opponent has to have the right cards on the field or he'll be open for direct assault.
The only downside of genex monsters is that virtually no one I dueled here knows them, so I'm constantly telling what I'm doing and what effects I'm using. Much more work then just running a lightsworn deck that everyone knows xD
duffman3

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:15 am Reply with quote

Yugioh is like a game of chess, you need to plan your next move before making the present one, prepare to take a few hits, and always play with patience. you can't rush a game of chess.

If you have a deck of 40 cards, and those cards work well together and help you move cards from deck and re-draw etc (cards like reload and magical mallet) then you will be able to make good impressions within two or three turns.

I once saw 1 person pull a reload first draw, use it and draw a magical mallet only to use reinforcement of the army, won the game in three turns with two monsters on the field and great use of spell and traps.

Know your deck, plan your moves, and keep things simple

(in my opinion)
skittlz100
Master
Master

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:14 pm Reply with quote

Just think ahead. Let's say you have a hand that allows for an easy OTK, like Cyber Dragon x2, Power Bond, Limiter Removal, Dark Hole, and you draw an MST. (lol at this) Don't play it on your first turn, because then you have a 5600 that can't attack, you take 2800, and your opponent may even destroy it.

It also depends on how aggressive you want to be. Like many times with X-Sabers I'll make little short bursts of damage and those short bursts are often times what makes me win. Like attacking with Ragigura, Fulhelmknight, or Garsem, even when I know the won't last long.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> YuGiOh! Card Strategy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: