main page of Trade Cards OnlineTrade Cards Online

The safest place to trade, buy, and sell cards

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Know the value of your cards...please

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Trade Tips
View previous topic :: View next topic  
morgul_rat

Canceled user

Subject: Know the value of your cards...please   PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:43 pm Reply with quote

I have been talking to other traders recently and I've offered to purchase some cards rather than trade because I don't have all the cards they want in return. The problem is, some people are UNREALISTIC about what their cards are worth.

For one card people are asking LOTS of $$ plus shipping when I can find the same card on ebay for 1/2 the price they are asking plus shipping.
I understand and I am willing to pay/trade ALOT if the card is "special" or "hard to find", etc...in fact, I am in the process of paying 35 euro for one card...but PLEASE, don't treat every card you own like it is worth a pound of gold.

It real is hard to make/negociate a trade when someone wants 10 of my rares for 2 of his/her rares when according to every retail site I check, they are all equal to each other in value (or very close).

Please check the "going value" of your cards before making ridiculous offers. (either on ebay, or other card selling sites...)
sl1ferm4ster
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:14 am Reply with quote

One thing though, don't use ebay. They either seriously overprice or underprice everything. I once saw a Gold Rare Crush Card Virus for $1.

I use trollandtoad.com, and that seems to be a good starting value.
morgul_rat

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:43 am Reply with quote

yes, troll and toad is good for pricing and they also have a big selection.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Trade Tips All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: