main page of Trade Cards OnlineTrade Cards Online

The safest place to trade, buy, and sell cards

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Wars and other clan information.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> YuGiOh! Clans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skittlz100
Master
Master

Subject: Wars and other clan information.   PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:26 pm Reply with quote

Okay so this will be the official post on wars and other clan information that might be handy in the future. We don't have the official clan names yet, but we have 2 out of 3, which is good enough. The wars won't be exactly the same thing as cambacartas' wars, but it will have the same concepts. Normally wars are supposed to involve just 2 clans, but I think we can get more activity in if we involve all three. This isn't the first wars post. I'll create that when we have our last name. It will include the dates, and a couple reminders. We have not started a war yet, and won't until clan 3 gets a name. Unless it takes too long...then we can have a trial war with just clans 1 and 2.

War Rules and Info
-In war, each user is given 3 'lives' you know, like an old corny video game. If you lose a match, you lose 1 life. (a match is best 2 out of 3)
-You can duel anyone from another clan as many times as you want, so long as you still have lives left and they do too. You can also just duel them for fun, just specify before dueling (Hey, would you mind if we just dueled for fun instead of for the wars? or something. Or just don't use your war deck against them)
-When someone loses all 3 lives, their duels no longer in the war, and will have to wait until the next war is started.
-The winners of wars will be either the clan with the most lives left at the end of the war, or when all other clans have lost all their lives. If there is a tie, the clan that had taken the most lives from other players will be declare the winner of the war.
-Each war will go for about 1-2 weeks
-In the future, we might add a twist to each war. Like "Each deck can only contain ____" or each deck MUST contain a certain card. I just thought of this now, but I think it would be a GREAT idea.
-You're allowed to duel anyone while a war exists, but if you see someone from another clan, it is HIGHLY encouraged that you'd duel them.
-Only the duels with your war-specified deck involving two different clan members will count towards the war.

Duel Rules
-If a user abandons a duel, we have plenty of applicable judges on this site who can review the duel for you (I'm one myself). Just post your link in here and we can decide. Hopefully it will be someone from a different clan for example: skittlz100 and schoolnerd51 have a dispute. clans 1 and 3. hopefully, zqyx, sannin3, or drizzy can review it for us. If not, anyone can review it, being as fair as possible.
-When you have a match with someone, the WINNER must post the links in the wars post. THIS IS NOT THE FIRST WARS POST! Do not post duel links as a reply to this post. If you need help on how to post a link for a duel, you can find it at the bottom of this post.
-If the opponent is cheating/using forbidden cards/going against war rules, you can let them know. If they don't do anything about it, then you can abandon the game, and inform us about it. The other user will be penalized.

Deck Rules
-All decks must include all ENGLISH PRINT cards. If the set is out in the OCG but not TCG, don't use them. Rules will apply almost as if you were at an official tournament. If you showed up to a tournament with Japanese cards, I'm sure you won't get very far. If it's just the sites lack of updating pictures, that's fine. Like Brain Research Lab. It came out a long time ago, but they never included an English picture. Cards like those are fine.
-All decks must follow the most recent banlist. As of today (Saturday, April 9th, 2011) the most recent banlist is here : http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/limited/ The next one won't be around until September.
-All decks must follow the individual war rules. For example, if a war rule is that you cannot contain any DARK monsters in your deck, then well, you can't have darks in your deck. lol. We'll work on these special rules some other time. They're not too important at the moment.
-If a player is found to be going against any of these rules, report them in that wars post and they will be penalized

Other Clan Information
-Recruiting : All newcomers are gladly welcomed to the clans. They will be assigned to the next clan. Starting with Clan 1, then to Clan 2, etc. Unless one clan has less people than the others. Like if Clan 1 has 6, Clan 2 has 6, and Clan 3 has 5, the newcomer will be added to clan 3. You can invite people to join your clan as well. I'll probably ask anyone I duel in the rooms if they'd like to join my clan after things start moving.

Official Clans!
This will be the list of the clans. This list will be updated each time a new member is added, or lost, etc. So this will constantly be editted. Right now, the clans are as follows:

Masters of Chaos (M.O.C) ( a - before the name means premium)
-zqyx
sannin3
supereeego

Red Arch Warriors (R.A.W.)
-skittlz100
li23yut
tehninjalord
dixon (requested to join our clan)

The Crimson Valkyrs (T.C.V.)
-shroud
neelmittal
-dreamkiller11

Inactive Users (Users that said they're interested, but not being active in posts)
harrypotre
vr_deziire
rocketstorm

If inactive users start responding, we'd be more than glad to put you back in a clan!

Other questions? This post will probably be edited from time to time as more and more ideas and rules come to mind.

Okay, to post the link of your duel, it's quite simple. The two ways I can think off the top of my head are as follows:
A) The easy way, just copy the link of your duel right after you win. It will be at the top of your browser, as any other link would be. After they have declared you winner, you can post that link anywhere, and it will give a re-play of that duel.
B) If you missed your chance to do it the easy way, you can go to Online Games on the left hand side of the home page, and click Yugioh>Check current scores (or if your opponent happened to abandon, you can go to "check disputes"). Find your name, and click "see games". Then look for the duel that you want the link to, and either click the "re-play" button, or right click on the "re-play" button, and click "copy link address" Make sure your link works before posting it on here.

Last edited by skittlz100 on Fri May 06, 2011 2:27 pm; edited 4 times in total
zqyx

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:15 am Reply with quote

Sweet! Good rules; I especially like the idea of special rules to mix things up. Here are a few ideas I had in that regard:
1. Old School - All cards must be from the original Yu-Gi-Oh! timeline (i.e., no GX or 5D's). I think this could be really fun!
2. Heart of the Cards - All decks must contain the five pieces of Exodia, but no draw support! This means no card that allows you to either draw cards or add them to your hand from the deck. You'll have to trust in the Heart of the Cards!
3. Single Attribute/Type - Your choice of monsters will be limited to a single type or attribute. This could also work in reverse, excluding a single type or attribute.
4. Monster Royale - Only monster cards permitted! Choose wisely...

I'd love to hear what everyone thinks about these.
li23yut

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:51 am Reply with quote

every thing there works for me,except the no GX timeline thingy.
i am such a fan of neos and neo-spacians.still,i can survive with those rules. Neutral
skittlz100
Master
Master

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:46 pm Reply with quote

Those are some really good ideas actually, I like them! ha. After a war or two we can start working some things in like that. Others could be:
1.Atk/Def limit - A set Atk/Def point limit and no monster in that deck can exceed that limit. It can be for just attack, just defense, or both.
2. One deck genre - One deck type is declare (examples: Blackwing, Batteryman, Gemini, Normal Monster, Mokey Mokey, -insert creative idea here-) and each person must make that deck in their own perspective
3. Random Card - A list of random cards are picked, and each person must make a deck around those cards. Probably done by pulling out a box of commons, and picking pairs of cards out. Or randomly flipping through a book of rares.
4. Forbidden List Tweaks - Change the Forbidden List. Nothing drastic, just small things like ban a card (even for no reason, like if you wanted to ban Petit Moth, go right ahead! Or more serious like Monster Reborn) Maybe limit some forbidden cards? Maybe not, too many loops involved there. Like Substitoad, Yata-Garasu, etc.
5. 80 card deck - Self explanatory, but it could be a random number deck, like 67 or something. lol

I'm thinking the winning clan will be able to decide what rules they want for the war. Like if clan 1 wins, they pick what regulations the next war will contain, and will set the dates for the next war, and so on. I'm not sure yet. What do you guys think?
li23yut

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:44 am Reply with quote

very,VERY interesting.i agree.YEAH Very Happy
oh,and congrats.youve become a MASTER Exclamation im very happy for you. Very Happy
skittlz100
Master
Master

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:34 pm Reply with quote

WOO! Master, what was it before that? lol I can't remember. But I know I've really wanted to rank up for a while Very Happy I'm proud. hahaha. Next is guru, I got this >=D
li23yut

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:01 am Reply with quote

skittlz100 wrote:
WOO! Master, what was it before that? lol I can't remember. But I know I've really wanted to rank up for a while Very Happy I'm proud. hahaha. Next is guru, I got this >=D

the ranks are-newbie,beginner,apprentice,expert and guru.
im close to ending apprentice and going to expert. Razz
supereeego

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:39 pm Reply with quote

Im kool with the rules you guys have come up with
tehninjalord

Canceled user

Subject: I has idea   PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:06 am Reply with quote

I have a few ideas for special rules decks:
Recycling grave - When a card is sent to the grave, it goes to the bottom of the deck
Three of Each - You must have exactly three of each card in your deck (or two of each/ one of each)
Differentiate - All monsters must be of a different type (Warrior, Dragon, etc. - Includes effect/Gemini)

Just tossing them out there.
chica_duelista

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:11 pm Reply with quote

It's cool to see that u guys are reviving the clan section.In the spanish site we have a lot of clans, so if u guys can make this bloom we can make wars
with the best clans of each site.

Good luck guys, and for any help pm me.
skittlz100
Master
Master

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:54 pm Reply with quote

Great ideas tehninjalord! I really like the fact you came up with rules involving changing the gameplay itself! Great creativity.

And yea, I started this because of the cambiacartas clans. Since it was hard to keep up with everything, using Google Chrome as my translator, and having to keep an eye on the spanish-speaking players in the game rooms as well. It was a little hard, so I decided to bring it to TCO, which has only worked out better than I had hoped! Although it's a bit amateur, and not many rules and such, I think it's a little better with a bit more freedom and all.
li23yut

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:42 am Reply with quote

im lucky because i speak english,spanish,italian and french. Laughing Very Happy
li23yut

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:34 am Reply with quote

skittlz100,i have a problem.its hard to have a war.or we wait un till each clan has at least six members,or we develop timings.
neelmittal

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:37 pm Reply with quote

I agree with li23yut. I have only dueled sannin3, that too only once.[/quote]
skittlz100
Master
Master

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:54 am Reply with quote

Well, feel free to use this forum as a way to communicate with times. We'll make it a little easier. For the rest of the war, you don't have to do a match. It's just a sudden death deal. Loser of the first duel loses a life. I'll add another week onto it, so next Friday is the last day for the war. If things are still slow, we'll have to work something out, I have ideas in mind, I'll bring it up later. Good luck, hope things start working out better
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> YuGiOh! Clans All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: