main page of Trade Cards OnlineTrade Cards Online

The safest place to trade, buy, and sell cards

bulletin boards

TIP Maintain your whole card collection inventory on this site. Together with your haves, you can also manage your private card collection and keep everything in a single place.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Fourth FNM notes

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Magic: The Gathering
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What rating would you give my fourth week draft?
Outstanding!!!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Excellent!!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Very good!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Okay
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
Poor!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Stinks!!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

sindbad7cs

Canceled user

Subject: Fourth FNM notes   PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:21 pm Reply with quote

Week 4 @ FNM (after years away...)! 2 packs Dark Ascension and 1 pack Innistrad. 12 players.

Kicked off the draft with red, and then some white, but faltered a bit in match play.

The deck I put together from the drafted cards (except BASIC lands added later):

Creatures (12 - 13 counting the artifact...)
2 Sanctuary Cat
1 Niblis of the Mist
2 Silverclaw Griffin
1 Rakish Heir
1 Feral Ridgewolf
1 Erdwal Ripper
1 Afflicted Deserter
1 Nearheath Stalker
1 Night Revelers
1 Markov Warlord

Sorcery/Instant/Enchant (1/8/1= 10)
1 Traitorous Blood
1 Geistflame (FOIL!)
2 Fling
1 Burning Oil
1 Increasing Vengeance
1 Fires of Undeath
1 Faith's Shield
1 Rebuke
1 Burden of Guilt

Artifact (2)
1 One-Eyed Scarecrow
1 Cellar Door

Land (16)
10 Mountain
6 Plains

Sideboard:
1 Graf's Cage
2 Break of Day
1 Bar the Door
1 Spare from Evil
1 Ray of Revelation
1 Curse of Exhaustion
2 Chalice of Life

The second pack of DA was disappointing, but the third saw every pass loaded with good stuff. I felt like I needed more creatures - cheaper ones. And that I was passing good instants in red. Kept the land at 16 - seems to be my new number.

Overall, won the first match against a 4-color by 2-0. I did raise a correct rules point about a Human Werewolf getting the BENEFITS of a Bonds of Faith dropped on my Afflicted Deserter by my opponent. Then lost 2-1 (won the middle game) to a more aggressive RGB. Played to a 1-1-1 draw against shop owner (he was getting interrupted, plus we had some rule questions on timing of a transform, so time overcame us). He was playing a RW also, but with more token and pump. He sprung an Alpha Brawl on me too, but I had an Undyer out, so was able to recover in the second game. I did SB for the second game - bringing in the Cage and the Curse.

I lost my last match 2-0 to a player who "left in my sideboard - not gonna take it out." He was running BW and had a nasty rare Vampire out...

Other goodies from this FNM: Tower Geist (hate draft!), Lumberknot, Village Cannibals, Nephalia Seakite, Bone to Ash, Typhoid Rats, Gruesome Deformity, Kindercatch, and Faithless Looting and a checklist. (6 + 6 for 12 total Uncommons)

Again, grabbed a door prize - 80-count Ultra Pro Magic blue mana printed card sleeves (approx. $10 value)!

All rares were thrown in pool at the end of the play for selection based on draft ranking. I went 7 out of 12 (again, I think)and had my hands on that rare Vamp, but owner read off order wrong, so it went bye-bye Sad

I recovered and picked the Balefire Dragon, then Increasing Vengeance, and finally, another Predator Ooze. Cool

Overall, 5-9-2 in match play after 4 weeks. Taking a break next week to travel. And recoup! Twisted Evil
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Magic: The Gathering All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: