main page of Trade Cards OnlineTrade Cards Online

The safest place to trade, buy, and sell cards

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Horrible after the break! (FNM 5 report)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Magic: The Gathering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sindbad7cs
Apprentice
Apprentice

Subject: Horrible after the break! (FNM 5 report)   PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:21 pm Reply with quote

Week 5 @ FNM - I skipped 3/16/2012 - and the break did NOT serve me well Confused

1 pack Dark Ascension and 2 packs Innistrad - apparently a vote changed the pack mix in my absence. Biggest turn-out yet with 14 players present.

I got some crazy idea to draft red/blue and muddled about after that (sigh). A late draft epiphany to deck myself became a dead-end tangent. Wanted to splash black, and drafted some good candidates, but ended up leaving them behind.

The deck I put together from the drafted cards (except BASIC lands added later):

Creatures (13 - 15 counting the artifacts)
1 ShriekGeist
1 Laboratory Maniac
1 Selhoff Occultist
1 Armored Skaab
1 Headless Skaab
1 Stormbound Geist
1 Makeshift Mauler
1 Nephalia Seakite
1 Forge Devil
1 Hinterland Hermit
1 Village Ironsmith
1 Hanweir Watchkeep
1 Riot Devils

Sorcery/Instant/Enchant (1/4/3 = 8 )
1 Nightbird's Clutches
1 Geistflame
1 Fires of Undeath
1 Frightful Delusion
1 Lost in the Mist (describes my night Shocked )
1 Sensory Deprivation
1 Curse of the Pierced Heart
1 Curse of the Bloody Tome

Artifact (3)
1 One-Eyed Scarecrow
1 Warden of the Wall
1 Sharpened Pitchfork

Land (16)
9 Islands
7 Mountain

Sideboard:
1 Reaper from the Abyss
1 Skirsdag Flayer
1 Disciple of Griselbrand
1 Altar's Reap
1 Ghoulcaller's Chant
1 Infernal Plunge (geeesh!)
Oh, heck - who am I kidding - my sideboard sucked...!

Never really in the first match at all, losing 2-0 to a RB - tons of removal kicked my behind! Then a fast RG took me down 2-0. The third match saw me win the first game against a slow UG. Had it been a better player, I may have lost. Plus, I mis-used the Pitchfork, and neither one of us noticed it. Sad
The second game of that match was a draw, though I think I could have done him in eventually. And then I took a 2-0 beating from Will again. Ouch! An RGW, I think.

Other goodies from this FNM: Don't recall everything - a Drogskul Captain was a notable uncommon. Will gave me some commons and uncommons after our match too.

I am a door-prize wizard! Snagged a Deck Armor deck box with dragon-Godzilla theme (approx. $2.50 value)!

All rares to the pool at the end of the play for selection based on draft ranking. I went 10 out of 14, so I picked the Reaper, then Mondronen Shaman, and finally, Endless Ranks of the Dead.

Overall, 6-12-2 in match play after 5 weeks. Rolling Eyes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Magic: The Gathering All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: