main page of Trade Cards OnlineTrade Cards Online

The safest place to trade, buy, and sell cards

bulletin boards

 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
September 2012 Banlist
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> YuGiOh! General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
skittlz100
Avatar for skittlz100
Master
Master


Joined: 08 Jul 2009
Posts: 349

Subject: September 2012 Banlist   PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 12:43 pm Reply with quote

Your predictions? Or a list of what you want to see?

I'd LOVE to see:
Tour Guide from the Underworld- 1
Incestor Dragonfly - 1
Wind-Up Factory - 1
Wind-Up Shark - 2
Wind-Up Rat - 1

And that's all I can think of right now, simply because I'm hating on some cards at the moment. I just lost to Crystal Beasts. Why? Well it certainly wasn't because of Crystal Beasts. It was because of stupid Tour Guide making Acid Golem, and the kid having Solemn Warning face down. It just drives me nuts! Half the time, I don't even know what kind of deck I'm up against anymore because the first cards I see are usually a Thunder King Rai-Oh, Tour Guide, or some other "great card", with 1 card in the backrow (about 90% of the time Solemn Warning, because that card just happens to always show up in my opponent's first hands, but never mine.) It just drives me nuts, where did the creativity go? It's not like I'm at a tournament or anything, it's just supposed to be dueling for fun >.>
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sl1ferm4ster
Avatar for sl1ferm4ster
Guru
Guru


Joined: 14 Dec 2005
Posts: 1613

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:42 pm Reply with quote

Here's what I'd like to see.

Pot of Greed - 1
Judgment Dragon - 0
Dark Hole - 0
Heavy Storm -0
Agent of Mystery - Earth - 2 or more
Call of the Haunted - 1
Honest - 0
Graceful Charity - 1 or more

And either Harpie's Feather Duster - 1 OR Lightning Vortex - 0

There may be more cards I wanna see, but for now, that's all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dudewitbow
Avatar for dudewitbow
Guru
Guru


Joined: 03 Nov 2009
Posts: 373

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 4:00 am Reply with quote

going by OCG style list

Limited
Verz/Evilswarm Ophion - 3>1
Inzekter Dragonfly - 3>1
Rescue Rabbit - 3>1
Magician of Faith - 0>1

Semi Limited
Wind-Up Rat - 3>2
Wind-Up Zenmaighty - 3>2
Blackwing: Gale the Whirlwind - 1>2
Lonefire Blossom - 1>2(hell, spore and GUB are already gone, doesnt hurt to help other plant cards/1 copy of dandy)
Formula Synchron - 1>2 the decks that abuse it the most lost their tuners for it(fishborg/gub/spore)
Advanced Ritual Art - 1>2

Unlimited
Swords of Revealing Light - 2>3

minor chance of laval touch, as it is a pretty popular deck in OCG championships

If Konami does a ninja change like what they did with reborn tengu

TGU - 3>2

Decks that will temporarily recieve no punishment on this list: Hiertics, anything post return of the duelist(Geargia became popular, it will stay untouched for sales on both sides)


would be my partial guess, but hell who the hell knows what konami does



As for the statement on dueling is fun, some people think winning is fun(different story at high level tournament, they play to win, prizes at stake). though i dont support netdecking, the idea of not using a good card because everybody else is using it is not a strong argument.(sounds sorta hipsterish). Though I like deck innovation, there's a fine line between innovation, and just non-mainstream. though sadly, over 90% of players don't have the mind capacity to make their own decks, or even side decks which are supposed to be built dependent on your hometown meta.(your meta=/=the worlds meta).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sl1ferm4ster
Avatar for sl1ferm4ster
Guru
Guru


Joined: 14 Dec 2005
Posts: 1613

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 2:41 pm Reply with quote

dudewitbow wrote:

As for the statement on dueling is fun, some people think winning is fun(different story at high level tournament, they play to win, prizes at stake). though i dont support netdecking, the idea of not using a good card because everybody else is using it is not a strong argument.(sounds sorta hipsterish). Though I like deck innovation, there's a fine line between innovation, and just non-mainstream. though sadly, over 90% of players don't have the mind capacity to make their own decks, or even side decks which are supposed to be built dependent on your hometown meta.(your meta=/=the worlds meta).


I agree with you completely. There are people out there that think winning is fun, some think that just playing is fun, and some think that they're expected to win so it's neither. I once dueled a guy using a GB deck. He won in just minutes time. When he got up, he didn't even crack a smile.

IMHO, that's why Lightsworns are starting to fall out of popularity. They've been used by so many people that people have figured out how to counter them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mirumeh

Canceled user





Subject:    PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 12:23 am Reply with quote

The only thing Julia's said so far is that Wind-up hunter is getting banned in September. My current speculation is.

Leviair the Sea Dragon- Banned
Graceful Charity- Limited
Dragged Down to the Grave- Limited-Banned(depending)


The reasons for my speculations are simple.
With Leviair banned, there are no tour-rabbit double plays. That makes rabbit draw the second rescue rabbit which hurts the deck.

Graceful Charity or Dark Magician of Chaos will probably come back at one. Charity is dangerous for dark world, but all chaos decks benefit. Dark Magician of Chaos gives the new "Magical" Archetype another boss monster,one much better than Endymion

Dragged down to the grave, its trap dustshoot, but better for dark world.

If hieratic becomes tier one as expected you may also see Atum limited.
Back to top
automatonsleuth
Avatar for automatonsleuth
Master
Master


Joined: 13 Mar 2011
Posts: 248

Subject: Much   PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 6:13 pm Reply with quote

mirumeh wrote:
The only thing Julia's said so far is that Wind-up hunter is getting banned in September. My current speculation is.

Leviair the Sea Dragon- Banned
Graceful Charity- Limited
Dragged Down to the Grave- Limited-Banned(depending)


The reasons for my speculations are simple.
With Leviair banned, there are no tour-rabbit double plays. That makes rabbit draw the second rescue rabbit which hurts the deck.

Graceful Charity or Dark Magician of Chaos will probably come back at one. Charity is dangerous for dark world, but all chaos decks benefit. Dark Magician of Chaos gives the new "Magical" Archetype another boss monster,one much better than Endymion

Dragged down to the grave, its trap dustshoot, but better for dark world.

If hieratic becomes tier one as expected you may also see Atum limited.


I doubt Atum would be limited, how often do cards get put on the Limited/Forbidden list within 6 months of their release?

Graceful Charity should not be allowed back. It's plain ridiculous in Dark World and Fabled decks, and exceedingly good in any other deck which dumps stuff into the graveyard to set up future plays: which is almost every modern deck.

Leviair being banned makes more sense to me - the potential for use when combined with Tour Guide and Rescue Rabbit is very silly. We'll have to wait and see though.

On the topic of things being banned, how about Black Luster Soldier - isn't is past time it was put back on the Banned list? It's just far too good. It's easy to set up it's summon, and there's pretty much nothing in the game it can't beat. Seriously, it needs to go.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skittlz100
Avatar for skittlz100
Master
Master


Joined: 08 Jul 2009
Posts: 349

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 12:13 am Reply with quote

Other thoughts on banlist:

Fiendish Chain - 2
Hieratic Dragon of Atum - 1
Fabled Raven - 1
Super Polymerization - 2
Thunder King Rai-Oh 1 or 2 (anyone that needs a light just throws in 3 Thunder Kings...annoying.)
One Day of Peace - 1 (This+Exodia+Feather of the Phoenix and Diamond Dude= ANNOYING.)
Gladiator Beast Bestiari 1>2 (come on, give Glad Beasts a chance again)
Gaia Dragon, the Thunder Charger - 1 (Cheap en masse)
Iron Call (once it comes out) 1 or 2
Neo-Spacian Grand Mole 1>2
Magician of Faith 0>1
Elemental Hero Stratos 1>2 (Why not?)
Legendary Six Samurai Shi-En 1>2
Legendary Six Samurai Kageki 3>1 (bold statement with these last two)
Destiny Hero - Malicious 2>3
Solemn Warning maybe at 1?

Couple bold statements there, but I can see all that working. Well, my opinion at least. There's probably good reasons against my opinion of course though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dudewitbow
Avatar for dudewitbow
Guru
Guru


Joined: 03 Nov 2009
Posts: 373

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 2:28 pm Reply with quote

skittlz100 wrote:
Other thoughts on banlist:


Thunder King Rai-Oh 1 or 2 (anyone that needs a light just throws in 3 effect veilers...annoying.)


Fixed

skittlz100 wrote:
Gladiator Beast Bestiari 1>2 (come on, give Glad Beasts a chance again)


They are still competitive, except not this format. Gladiator beasts excel in formats that are slower and more defensive. Being pit in a 1900+ beater format full of anti skill negation, 3 mst and heavy storm legal doesnt help them much.

skittlz100 wrote:
Elemental Hero Stratos 1>2 (Why not?)


How ridiculously live miracle fusion would be with stratos at 2. Heros already have alot of rota-esqe cards

skittlz100 wrote:
Destiny Hero - Malicious 2>3


Interesting choice. would help out both level 8 synchros and lv 6 XYZ. but not sure if its time for him to come back yet.

skittlz100 wrote:
Couple bold statements there, but I can see all that working. Well, my opinion at least. There's probably good reasons against my opinion of course though.


Bold indeed
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
li23yut

Canceled user





Subject: Re: Much   PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:43 pm Reply with quote

automatonsleuth wrote:
mirumeh wrote:
The only thing Julia's said so far is that Wind-up hunter is getting banned in September. My current speculation is.

Leviair the Sea Dragon- Banned
Graceful Charity- Limited
Dragged Down to the Grave- Limited-Banned(depending)


The reasons for my speculations are simple.
With Leviair banned, there are no tour-rabbit double plays. That makes rabbit draw the second rescue rabbit which hurts the deck.

Graceful Charity or Dark Magician of Chaos will probably come back at one. Charity is dangerous for dark world, but all chaos decks benefit. Dark Magician of Chaos gives the new "Magical" Archetype another boss monster,one much better than Endymion

Dragged down to the grave, its trap dustshoot, but better for dark world.

If hieratic becomes tier one as expected you may also see Atum limited.


I doubt Atum would be limited, how often do cards get put on the Limited/Forbidden list within 6 months of their release?

Graceful Charity should not be allowed back. It's plain ridiculous in Dark World and Fabled decks, and exceedingly good in any other deck which dumps stuff into the graveyard to set up future plays: which is almost every modern deck.

Leviair being banned makes more sense to me - the potential for use when combined with Tour Guide and Rescue Rabbit is very silly. We'll have to wait and see though.

On the topic of things being banned, how about Black Luster Soldier - isn't is past time it was put back on the Banned list? It's just far too good. It's easy to set up it's summon, and there's pretty much nothing in the game it can't beat. Seriously, it needs to go.


As Automatonsleuth said,GC is too risky to be limited!DW would be swarming all over the tournaments(They already are,but even more!)If I play GC,draw like 2 snowws and 1 grapha:its all lost already for my opponent!

Atun won´t get on that semi until March 2013!I´d like to see Grapha limited!
Back to top
sl1ferm4ster
Avatar for sl1ferm4ster
Guru
Guru


Joined: 14 Dec 2005
Posts: 1613

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:14 pm Reply with quote

I would like to add in one big card.

The Temple of the Kings -> Semi-limited

Konami made this card forbidden as soon as it came out because of it's effect that you can activate Traps the turn they're set. I would like for them to return that card to at least semi-limited, if not unlimited. There are so many cards out there that can negate and/or destroy Spells, that this card really isn't that much of a threat anymore.

Plus, it would be a BIG help in my new deck.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
li23yut

Canceled user





Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:46 pm Reply with quote

Sl1ferm4ster,Temple of the Kings was banned because it helped Serket......Think!Any monster from Extra,deck or hand would be summoned!Hell,Shooting Star would be hell easier to summon!

I'm thinking that Zenmaity will be a Semi,Dragonfly a Limi,Tour a 2,Rabbit a 1...These are my predictions...
But wait!Zenmaines is like BROKEN,so it will be on the list...!
Back to top
sl1ferm4ster
Avatar for sl1ferm4ster
Guru
Guru


Joined: 14 Dec 2005
Posts: 1613

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:35 pm Reply with quote

li23yut wrote:
Sl1ferm4ster,Temple of the Kings was banned because it helped Serket......Think!Any monster from Extra,deck or hand would be summoned!Hell,Shooting Star would be hell easier to summon!


Okay, if that's the case, then why isn't Judgment Dragon banned, or why wasn't Serket at the same time? If Serket was the problem, not Temple, then they should have banned Serket. And Judgment Dragon is one of THE most broken cards in the game! Destroy all other cards and has 3000 ATK? It's a beast, so it should be banned!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
li23yut

Canceled user





Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:58 am Reply with quote

sl1ferm4ster wrote:
li23yut wrote:
Sl1ferm4ster,Temple of the Kings was banned because it helped Serket......Think!Any monster from Extra,deck or hand would be summoned!Hell,Shooting Star would be hell easier to summon!


Okay, if that's the case, then why isn't Judgment Dragon banned, or why wasn't Serket at the same time? If Serket was the problem, not Temple, then they should have banned Serket. And Judgment Dragon is one of THE most broken cards in the game! Destroy all other cards and has 3000 ATK? It's a beast, so it should be banned!


They didn´t need to ban Serket because he´s destroyed without the Temple...its only use would´ve been for Meklords...

Now,let´s come to JD...He´s a pain,and it´s true,he should be banned...Why wasn´t he?
A.Needs 4 or more LS in your graveyard(I´ll admit that´s easy now...NOT THE REASON)
B.You pay 1000 lifepoints and autodestroy even your cards(MAYBE the reason)
C.During each EP,Sends 4 cards on deck to graveyard?

Together this makes up his effect,which of these saved him from ban?
Back to top
sl1ferm4ster
Avatar for sl1ferm4ster
Guru
Guru


Joined: 14 Dec 2005
Posts: 1613

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:13 am Reply with quote

li23yut wrote:

They didn´t need to ban Serket because he´s destroyed without the Temple...its only use would´ve been for Meklords...


Yes, that's true. However, at that time (and correct me if I'm wrong), the only Meklord that was available was Grannel since Skiel and Wisel came out much later. So at that time, there was no need to ban Serket.

But let's analyze the reasons you gave.



li23yut wrote:

A.Needs 4 or more LS in your graveyard(I´ll admit that´s easy now...NOT THE REASON)


If someone is lucky to get a JD in their first few hands, they could easily get it in their graveyard by their third or fourth turn.

li23yut wrote:
B.You pay 1000 lifepoints and autodestroy even your cards(MAYBE the reason)


I doubt it that that's the reason. I mean, pay 1000 to deal 3000 to your opponent (or 6000 if they do the JD combo of Special Summon, pay for effect, then SS a second)? I don't know a duelist that WOULDN'T do that!

li23yut wrote:
C.During each EP,Sends 4 cards on deck to graveyard?


This is basically unimportant since JD is already on the field. Besides, the duel is practically over by that time.

If any of those effects were on it's own (as in, it's effect was just one of those), then I can see it being saved. But all 3 on a true beast of a card? There has to be another reason for it being saved from the banlist.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dudewitbow
Avatar for dudewitbow
Guru
Guru


Joined: 03 Nov 2009
Posts: 373

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:36 am Reply with quote

like you said, jd is a luck factor. historically, LS have been played in large volume, but its weakness is that its extremely luck based, and on a championship level tournament, you cannot afford to really lose twice if you want to make it to the top tables on day 2. even with lightsworn with double trag 3 jd and double gardna, it isnt enough to push them on the competitive stage because of the luck sackiness it relies on.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> YuGiOh! General All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.11 © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
[Total forum time spent: 0.2131 seconds]


search for a card | cards you have | cards you want | look for trades
your messages | references | card reviews | dream cards | forums
affiliates | links | advertise with us | help