main page of Trade Cards OnlineTrade Cards Online

The safest place to trade, buy, and sell cards

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Duel master attacking rules specially for subking

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Duel Masters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cario

Canceled user

Subject: Duel master attacking rules specially for subking   PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:59 am Reply with quote

Last time I was dueling with subking, I attacked with my Adge emperror (linked with all its parts) on subking's shields and untap it as its effect says. Subking used a shield trigger Intense Vacuuming Twist and make me to return a part of Adge then he said that your Adge stays tapped cause it will untap after attacking(Breaking shields in his meaning).But I tell him that breaking a shield is diffrent from attacking, but he did not agree with me. So i am here to tell (what i was telling about) here are the 2 links:
http://duelmasters.wikia.com/wiki/How_to_Play#Order_of_attack_steps

http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=duelmasters/rules/rulebook
look at the bottom of this page

if any one wants to conform it from herlad He/She can
thank you[/url]
asakimdowan

Canceled user

Subject: You r right   PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:11 am Reply with quote

yeah adge was must be untapped position after attack, i also had interest in that god type because that freaky effect, but in the end i fall in with original god ^^ well i agree with ur decision, but in the end, who's the winner? and tell me if something might be wrong Very Happy
shuriken6
Apprentice
Apprentice

Subject: Re: Duel master attacking rules specially for subking   PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:59 am Reply with quote

cario wrote:
.But I tell him that breaking a shield is diffrent from attacking, but he did not agree with me.

Subking's right. When a creature attacks, you either choose a creature, a shield or ur opponent as the target. the order goes like this: Creature attacks (opponent's creature, shield, etc.) Attacking creature's ability activates (when this creature attacks) opponent blocks. if not, then the shield breaks or creature is destroyed. If a creature has an ability that triggers when destroyed, (say Ultimus, spirit of divine law for example), his effect will go first, search for a Shield trigger spell, whatever. then if that's all, your creature, if it has an ability, like untap for example (which in this case it does) it will untap. Now then, if it breaks a shield, and if it triggers, like terror pit, or Intense Vaccuming twist, a God creature will lose part of it's link and any ability that's associated w/ that link. Adge untaps when it attacks, true. however, standard rules apply, His shield trigger will go first. once the trigger is over, and adge loses part of the link, adge will lose that ability to untap, and thus will stay tapped, as its not linked 4-ways anymore. So Subking was in the right here.

and just to clarify this:

cario wrote:
.But I tell him that breaking a shield is diffrent from attacking, but he did not agree with me.

That makes no sense whatsoever. Breaking a shield, is attacking your opponent's shields. -_-
shuriken6
Apprentice
Apprentice

Subject: Re: Duel master attacking rules specially for subking   PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:00 am Reply with quote

Subking's right. When a creature attacks, you either choose a creature, a shield or ur opponent as the target. the order goes like this: Creature attacks (opponent's creature, shield, etc.) Attacking creature's ability activates (when this creature attacks) opponent blocks. if not, then the shield breaks or creature is destroyed. If a creature has an ability that triggers when destroyed, (say Ultimus, spirit of divine law for example), his effect will go first, search for a Shield trigger spell, whatever. then if that's all, your creature, if it has an ability, like untap for example (which in this case it does) it will untap. Now then, if it breaks a shield, and if it triggers, like terror pit, or Intense Vaccuming twist, a God creature will lose part of it's link and any ability that's associated w/ that link. Adge untaps when it attacks, true. however, standard rules apply, His shield trigger will go first. once the trigger is over, and adge loses part of the link, adge will lose that ability to untap, and thus will stay tapped, as its not linked 4-ways anymore. So Subking was in the right here.

and just to clarify this:

cario wrote:

That makes no sense whatsoever. Breaking a shield, is attacking your opponent's shields. -_-
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Duel Masters All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: