main page of Trade Cards OnlineTrade Cards Online

The safest place to trade, buy, and sell cards

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Binder Pages

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Pokemon
View previous topic :: View next topic  
avenyet

Subject: Binder Pages   PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:29 am Reply with quote

I've searched the forum so don't kill me if this has been asked before.

I'm after some high quality binder page I've been using the Ultra pro and monster binders up until now but 360 is too small and I don't really want to buy loads more (they are expensive) Sad

so I went out and got a collection binder and some Ultra Pro 18 Black Pocket pages but these thing are terrible! I was expecting the same pages as in the pro binder/monster binder but they are just cheap plastic ones in black! Mad

The main problem I've had with them is they seem to be too tight for pokemon card that have been sleeved!

I could go out and buy some "pro fit" sleeves but this seems a bit of a waste since I have 300 penny sleeves.

so what would you recommend for binder pages? or are the ultra pro ones the best I can hope for.
lilbandit
Expert
Expert

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:08 am Reply with quote

I've been using the ultra pro platinum series for as long as I can remember and they work just fine for me! I sleeve my cards with the ultra pro clear deck protector and I can fit 2 sleeved cards in each pocket without enlarging the pocket so I can reuse them later.

I also use the ultra pro platinum pages casually in my trading binder where I can stuff over 10 unsleeved cards in each pocket. I really have no complaints about the platinum series so maybe you oughta try that.

I bought a few ultra pro silver series by accident and they don't measure up the the platinum ones in quality so I highly recommend the platinum ones. It's a bit pricey but it is worth it since it's more durable and lasts longer compared to other pages.
avenyet

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:19 pm Reply with quote

I'll give them a go next then. odd really since they are cheaper than the ultra pro black.

one question about the ultra pro platinum pages are they 9 pocket pages or the 18 pocket pages (9 per side with a plastic in between)?

I got the impression they were 9 pockets so 2 cards need to share a pocket?

ultra pro black
http://www.ultrapro.com/product_info.php/cPath/33_83_50/products_id/661

ultra pro platinum

http://www.ultrapro.com/product_info.php/cPath/33_83_50/products_id/186

sounds a little silly to be this picky but after using the 360 card binders these binder pages seems a little lacking?

The only other thing I can think of is do ultra pro make yugioh sized binder pages? because that would explain the extremely tight fit when in a sleeve
vitallani

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:29 pm Reply with quote

I'm not sure where you get your ultra pro pages from, but when I attend conventions they are selling them 9 card holder pages for 20p each. Last time I was at a con, I bought a 100 pack box for under £15. That would hold up to 900 single cards.
avenyet

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:20 pm Reply with quote

I've been getting mine from chaos cards (great service and good prices)

I think I might have to up the price to 2p a sleeve and go for pro fit since they measure in at 64mm wide

-------------------
ultra pro Platinum
-------------------
http://www.chaoscards.co.uk/accessories-c1/binders-pocket-pages-c6/ultra-pro-9-pocket-a4-sized-pages-for-trading-cards-x-100-pages-p386

14.5p each (Holds 900 cards)

No idea on the width of these pockets (I found 70mm being stated on some sites)

------------------
Ultra pro Black
------------------
http://www.chaoscards.co.uk/accessories-c1/binders-pocket-pages-c6/ultra-pro-copy-ultra-pro-18-black-pocket-a4-sized-pages-for-trading-cards-x-100-pages-p11442

35p each (Holds 1800 cards)

The pockets measure 66mm wide

Looks like this might be on of those times where more expensive doesn't always mean better

Ultra Pro Premium Sleeves are 66.7mm wide

Ultra pro Penny sleeves are 67mm wide

------------------------------

Monster and ultra pro binder pockets (side loaders) measure at 69mm wide (and are 18 per page)

I've also been reading that Ultra pro changed the size of their deck protectors making them small by 1mm - 1.5mm do you think this might have happened to the black binder pages?

Well either way I've answered my own question (partly)

-----------------------------
ANSWER
-----------------------------

No there are no better 18 card binder pages out there I'm stuck with Ultra pro Black and other plastic binder pages instead of heavy duty material ones (Yes I know they are plastic as well but they are textured so easier to get cards in and out)

They ARE too small in width 66mm instead of 70mm so normal penny sleeves or more expensive sleeves do not fit (66.7 - 67mm width).

I can use Pro Fit so sleeve my cards with the black pages (64mm wide) but they cost 2p a sleeve.

All in all very annoyed at the outcome but hey you cant always get what you want.

So for completed card sets or trading binder I'll be sticking with the 180/360 monster/ultra pro binders since they offer the best pages with loads of room for up to 5 cards per pocket and the pages aren't made of plastic
-------
EDIT
-------
Ultra pro Fit sleeves are a waste of money they DO NOT fit standard size cards (well they do but they'll cause the card to bend!!!!) avoid these at all costs.
So for a cost affective solution stick with platinum pages and penny sleeves. The expensive solution Black pages with transparent deck protectors (66mm wide)

Last edited by avenyet on Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
lilbandit
Expert
Expert

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:51 am Reply with quote

I don't know if ultra pro makes yugioh sized pages but I know they have made yugioh sized sleeves. I've been putting 2 sleeved cards per pocket in the platinum series, it's a snug fit (not too tight) and it hasn't been causing me much issues.

I find that penny sleeves vary in sizes, some are a tad bit wider than others so its hard to say if it'll fit or not in the pockets. I use the ultra pro deck protectors for each card because it's more durable but more pricey. My sister uses penny sleeves but she only uses one side of the page to hold the cards because the sleeves get a bit wrinkly when you put them back to back.

I previously bought the ultra pro card albums to hold my cards but I find that the pages are lacking in quality because after a few flips, the pages get smudgy and scratched. As for the black series, I haven't seen them before... Are they more durable than the other series?
avenyet

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:19 pm Reply with quote

They certainly feel a lot more durable but since they have a sheet of plastic down the middle. I've found them much better than the 9 pocket ones, but that might just be I hate putting cards in back to back.

The only down side to the black series is the width of the pocket. The depth and height is fine (you can still get 3 cards in each pocket so 54 a page but they get a bit heavy then)

Durability they seem to hold up better the binder holes certainly seem strong as well (since they are thicker) but if you're happy with the platinum pages stick with those since I don't think they are worth paying twice as much (Though I do)

just go buy 10 off chaos cards and see for yourself http://www.chaoscards.co.uk/accessories-c1/binders-pocket-pages-c6/ultra-pro-9-pocket-a4-sized-pages-for-trading-cards-x-10-pages-p11439

Regarding the albums from ultra pro I've not got those yet since 180 cards seems a bit small (got a few monster 180's though) I've only tried the 360 card binders and I've not had the smudgy and scratched pages problem. Are they the ones with the extra thick pages? the ones that aren't shiny plastic?
laufeyson

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:26 pm Reply with quote

I've only recently started collecting Pokemon cards, but I've been using Ultra Pro Platinum. I just bought a pack of 100 pages for around 15 dollars on amazon.com. I put my cards in back to back to fill up the pages as much as possible.

So far I really like them.
avenyet

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:34 pm Reply with quote

I think I might have to fall back onto the platinum binder pages which is a shame since the blacks seemed nice at first.

Well after using 80 pages of black (full binders worth) in conjunction with the ultra pro fit sleeves I'm going to cheap out and go for penny sleeves with the platinum pages.

My reasoning behind this is only due to the massive inconsistency factor of ultra pro sleeves out of 1000 pro fit sleeves I've only been able to use about 600 of them! (They are just too narrow!) and since the black pages are too narrow for penny sleeves I'm left with no other option.

Unless someone out there knows of some good sleeves that are slightly larger than the ultra pro fit ones.

ultra pro fit says on them 64mm x 89mm they actually vary between 64mm side and 63mm. odd they never seem to go the other way up to 65mm.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Pokemon All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: