main page of Trade Cards OnlineTrade Cards Online

The safest place to trade, buy, and sell cards

bulletin boards

 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
!¡SEAL OF ORICHALCOS¡!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> YuGiOh! General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
avaricioushero
Avatar for avaricioushero
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 14 Jun 2012
Posts: 49

Subject: !¡SEAL OF ORICHALCOS¡!   PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:22 pm Reply with quote

Im mad because im pretty sure after the release of LC03 its going to get banned. Its just too strong
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
automatonsleuth
Avatar for automatonsleuth
Master
Master


Joined: 13 Mar 2011
Posts: 248

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:10 pm Reply with quote

How do you know? Its effects haven't been confirmed yet. Anyway, being strong rarely gets a card onto the Limited/Forbidden list: things get banned/limited when they make OTKs too consistant (like Mass Driver), when the deck they support becomes too ubiquitous at tournaments (like Kalut the Moon Shadow or T.G. Striker) or when Konami are scheming and pushing tournament players to invest in new cards (as when Glow-Up Bulb and Spore were banned)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
avaricioushero
Avatar for avaricioushero
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 14 Jun 2012
Posts: 49

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:59 am Reply with quote

automatonsleuth wrote:
How do you know? Its effects haven't been confirmed yet. Anyway, being strong rarely gets a card onto the Limited/Forbidden list: things get banned/limited when they make OTKs too consistant (like Mass Driver), when the deck they support becomes too ubiquitous at tournaments (like Kalut the Moon Shadow or T.G. Striker) or when Konami are scheming and pushing tournament players to invest in new cards (as when Glow-Up Bulb and Spore were banned)

Lets just say the konami birdie told me
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sl1ferm4ster
Avatar for sl1ferm4ster
Guru
Guru


Joined: 14 Dec 2005
Posts: 1612

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:25 pm Reply with quote

While it is true that the effect hasn't been official yet, I agree with avaricioushero. If the current effect is what the official effect will be, it will most likely be banned as soon as it was released, the same way it was with Temple of the Kings.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
darkstar
Avatar for darkstar
Expert
Expert


Joined: 26 Mar 2008
Posts: 157

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:38 pm Reply with quote

If u go onto yugioh-card.com, they actually are already listing the seal of orichalcos's effects/powers.

1. gives all your monsters +500 atk
2. highly resistant to removal from the field
3. allows your stronger monsters to protect your weaker ones.

go to that site and it will give u a preview of what to expect from legendary collection 3: yugi's world.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dudewitbow
Avatar for dudewitbow
Guru
Guru


Joined: 03 Nov 2009
Posts: 373

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:55 am Reply with quote

konami is probably going to put a catch onto the card to make it less powerful. maybe a life point maintenance to keep it on the field.(as dark powers need sacrifices)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
automatonsleuth
Avatar for automatonsleuth
Master
Master


Joined: 13 Mar 2011
Posts: 248

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:45 am Reply with quote

darkstar wrote:
If u go onto yugioh-card.com, they actually are already listing the seal of orichalcos's effects/powers.

1. gives all your monsters +500 atk
2. highly resistant to removal from the field
3. allows your stronger monsters to protect your weaker ones.

go to that site and it will give u a preview of what to expect from legendary collection 3: yugi's world.


Yes, they've had that up for a few weeks. But that's not a confirmed effect. We have no specifics as to how effects 2 and 3 work, no knowledge of any conditions, costs or drawbacks attached to any of the effects. It is impossible to make a proper judgement of the card until we know more.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sl1ferm4ster
Avatar for sl1ferm4ster
Guru
Guru


Joined: 14 Dec 2005
Posts: 1612

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:12 am Reply with quote

automatonsleuth wrote:

Yes, they've had that up for a few weeks. But that's not a confirmed effect. We have no specifics as to how effects 2 and 3 work, no knowledge of any conditions, costs or drawbacks attached to any of the effects. It is impossible to make a proper judgement of the card until we know more.


If I recall correctly, I believe I actually did see the official effect somewhere. Now, I can't find it again, but I believe it went something like this, as the basics:

* All of your monsters gain 500-ATK and become DARK
* If this card would be destroyed, discard 1 card to negate the destruction. No other Fields can be played.

If someone else wants to correct me, I have no problem with that! Just putting my 2-cents in.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mymaster
Avatar for mymaster
Expert
Expert


Joined: 28 Mar 2009
Posts: 154

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:24 pm Reply with quote

Big whoop. They waited too long, just like with Meteor B. Dragon. And besides the seal, you just get a bunch of reprints of old cards you already have. There's Five-Headed Dragon, Dark Necrofear, Guardian Eatos, and 3 token cards (2 kuriboh and 1 emissary of darkness). then in the packs, you can get:

LC03-EN001 The Seal of Orichalcos (Ultra Rare)
LC03-EN??? Black Horn of Heaven (Secret Rare)
LC03-EN??? Book of Moon (Secret Rare)
LC03-EN??? Bottomless Trap Hole (foil)
LC03-EN??? Bowganian (foil)
LC03-EN??? Chain Disappearance (Common)
LC03-EN??? Chaos Sorcerer (foil)
LC03-EN??? Dark Hole (Secret Rare)
LC03-EN??? Dark Magician Girl (Secret Rare)
LC03-EN??? Dark Necrofear (Ultra Rare)
LC03-EN??? Dragged Down into the Grave (foil)
LC03-EN??? Exodia the Forbidden One (Secret Rare)
LC03-EN??? Five-Headed Dragon (Ultra Rare)
LC03-EN??? Flying Kamakiri #1 (Secret Rare)
LC03-EN??? Giant Rat (Secret Rare)
LC03-EN??? Gold Sarcophagus (Common)
LC03-EN??? Green Gadget (Ultra Rare)
LC03-EN??? Guardian Eatos (Ultra Rare)
LC03-EN??? Guardian Kay'est
LC03-EN??? Heavy Storm (Ultra Rare)
LC03-EN??? Left Arm of the Forbidden One (Secret Rare)
LC03-EN??? Left Leg of the Forbidden One (Secret Rare)
LC03-EN??? Mechanicalchaser (Ultra Rare)
LC03-EN??? Megasonic Eye (foil)
LC03-EN??? Mirror Force (Secret Rare)
LC03-EN??? Monster Reborn (foil)
LC03-EN??? Morphing Jar (Ultra Rare)
LC03-EN??? Mother Grizzly (Secret Rare)
LC03-EN??? Mystic Tomato (Secret Rare)
LC03-EN??? Mystical Shine Ball (foil)
LC03-EN??? Mystical Space Typhoon (Secret Rare)
LC03-EN??? Necrovalley
LC03-EN??? Needle Worm (Ultra Rare)
LC03-EN??? Polymerization
LC03-EN??? Pyramid Turtle (Secret Rare)
LC03-EN??? Raigeki Break (foil)
LC03-EN??? Reckless Greed (foil)
LC03-EN??? Red Gadget (Ultra Rare)
LC03-EN??? Right Arm of the Forbidden One (Secret Rare)
LC03-EN??? Right Leg of the Forbidden One (Secret Rare)
LC03-EN??? Royal Decree (Ultra Rare)
LC03-EN??? Reinforcement of the Army (Super Rare)
LC03-EN??? Seven Tools of the Bandit (Secret Rare)
LC03-EN??? Shining Angel (Secret Rare)
LC03-EN??? Silver Fang (Ultra Rare)
LC03-EN??? Solemn Judgment (Secret Rare)
LC03-EN??? Solemn Warning (Common)
LC03-EN??? Soul Taker (Common)
LC03-EN??? Two-Headed King Rex (foil)
LC03-EN??? UFO Turtle (Secret Rare)
LC03-EN??? Upstart Goblin (foil)
LC03-EN??? Watapon
LC03-EN??? Yellow Gadget (Ultra Rare)

I wouldn't waste your money on it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sl1ferm4ster
Avatar for sl1ferm4ster
Guru
Guru


Joined: 14 Dec 2005
Posts: 1612

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:45 am Reply with quote

mymaster wrote:
Big whoop. They waited too long, just like with Meteor B. Dragon. And besides the seal, you just get a bunch of reprints of old cards you already have.


It's the exact same as the Gold packs. All of those cards have been reprinted so many times, yet people don't care. I think the only difference would be that some of the big-name cards will be reprinted as holos, and of course the Seal. Heck, I could get every card in the set, and I would still buy it just for the seal.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
avaricioushero
Avatar for avaricioushero
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 14 Jun 2012
Posts: 49

Subject: Effects   PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:38 pm Reply with quote

sl1ferm4ster wrote:
automatonsleuth wrote:

Yes, they've had that up for a few weeks. But that's not a confirmed effect. We have no specifics as to how effects 2 and 3 work, no knowledge of any conditions, costs or drawbacks attached to any of the effects. It is impossible to make a proper judgement of the card until we know more.


If I recall correctly, I believe I actually did see the official effect somewhere. Now, I can't find it again, but I believe it went something like this, as the basics:

* All of your monsters gain 500-ATK and become DARK
* If this card would be destroyed, discard 1 card to negate the destruction. No other Fields can be played.

If someone else wants to correct me, I have no problem with that! Just putting my 2-cents in.

Ok so lets say what sl1f3rm4ster says is true. its still way too good. An almost invincible field, it would really benefit an earthbound deck seeing as how it CANT be destroyed. Also i think its 500 boost helps basically anything. Ill tell you as soon as i get it im putting it in my dragunity deck and if they ban it than i still run it. I dont care what anyone says ive waited too long for its release. oh and mymaster its hard to compare THE SEAL OF ORICHALCOS and Meteor B. Dragon on so many levels. the fact of the matter is the seal has been long awaited by duelist old and new and meteor b. dragon isnt really.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fairgo

Canceled user





Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:08 pm Reply with quote

I've been waiting so long for this set....not for the Seal of Orichalcos, but for the Flying Kamakiri #1 (Secret Rare Version). xD
Back to top
sl1ferm4ster
Avatar for sl1ferm4ster
Guru
Guru


Joined: 14 Dec 2005
Posts: 1612

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:26 pm Reply with quote

I've personally been waiting for the Seal for a LONG time. I don't really care that much about the other cards though, only from a Collecting stand-point.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
avaricioushero
Avatar for avaricioushero
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 14 Jun 2012
Posts: 49

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:17 am Reply with quote

sl1ferm4ster wrote:
I've personally been waiting for the Seal for a LONG time. I don't really care that much about the other cards though, only from a Collecting stand-point.

I think i speak for all duelists except newbies when i say we've all been waiting for it ...... personally.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sl1ferm4ster
Avatar for sl1ferm4ster
Guru
Guru


Joined: 14 Dec 2005
Posts: 1612

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:28 pm Reply with quote

avaricioushero wrote:
sl1ferm4ster wrote:
I've personally been waiting for the Seal for a LONG time. I don't really care that much about the other cards though, only from a Collecting stand-point.

I think i speak for all duelists except newbies when i say we've all been waiting for it ...... personally.


Yeah, that's true.

I wonder if they're gonna release Oreichalcos Deuteros or Oreichalcos Tritos. Or any of the other Oreichalcos cards. I'd be interested in making a Dartz deck.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> YuGiOh! General All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.11 © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
[Total forum time spent: 0.1469 seconds]


search for a card | cards you have | cards you want | look for trades
your messages | references | card reviews | dream cards | forums
affiliates | links | advertise with us | help