Subject: General Trading and Gaming Card Questions.. Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:50 pm
Back when I was a teenager, I use to go to flea markets of all sorts almost every weekend in the summer/fall. My father was an antique and collectibles dealer (now retired) and I learned the basics of buying and selling at a young age.
Much to his annoyance, I'd spend my spare money on trading cards and gaming cards. What I would do is... I'd buy a bunch of different packs from one vendor, open them up, sort out the 'good' ones (holograms, foils, rares, etc) and sell them to another dealer, use that money to buy more packs... and so on. There were 10-15 vendors so I could do this all day long and end up with a ton of cards for my initial investment of $20-30.
Now I'm in my mid-late 20s. I'm looking at my young hobby with fondness and wonder if I could do something similar in my spare time. I have a little more money to invest, but I don't know how the market is for special and rare cards. Heck, I don't even know what cards are on the market and if they are in demand! I'd even go so far as sporting cards, although I'm VERY wary of that market after it crashed years ago.
So I guess my questions are:
- What's hot in trading/gaming cards?
- Is there still a decent market?
- Is it possible to buy a box and make money off it still?
- Best ways to sell these cards? eBay?
- They still have special/rare cards, right?
- Any places I can go to learn more about them?
- What's hot in trading/gaming cards? just look at the yugioh thread most ppl want the same things
- Is there still a decent market?Dothan Alabama Flea market has gewd vendors.www.bbtoystore.com they buy cards
- Is it possible to buy a box and make money off it still?yeah go to ebay they sell boxes of cards for like $20 everyday and then u can sell or trade on here
- Best ways to sell these cards? eBay?i find ebay the best then this site is second
- They still have special/rare cards, right? yeah,in yugioh there are rares,super rares,ultra rares,secret rares,ultimate rares.
- Any places I can go to learn more about them?get beckett collector magazine.
if u havent noticed i answered with yugioh answer dont know alot about other TCGS
Subject: 20-30 cards Posted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:23 pm
every game seems to have a highly desired top 40 list.
When I look at people's want lists, I get very tired of seeing the same thing and the same cards.
I am not going to list them here, but I always see the same ones for Star Wars, and I bet those folks have the cards and are looking for extras to cash in, or maybe just to get some good trades.
I think it's ridiculous, but I should thank decipher for rotation. This has allowed older LotR cards to devalue as they become less playable, which means I don;t have to buy the cards when they are new: they are just as plentiful and so less expensive 2 or 3 years after release.
For example, I bought a bunch of Fellowship packs for 25 cents each!
Singles that used to go for $3 are now seen on auction for 10 cents. These cards are mass produced, the demand is down, and hardly anything manufactured these days can be considered "Rare".
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum