main page of Trade Cards OnlineTrade Cards Online

The safest place to trade, buy, and sell cards

bulletin boards

TIP Check our FAQ for the answer to all your questions about this site and how to get the most benefit out of it.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Instructions for uploading a new game

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Welcome! (including Forum Rules)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
egilkinc

Canceled user

Subject: Instructions for uploading a new game   PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:24 pm Reply with quote

hey,

I'm a *beep* to this website. I have been searching around trying to find instructions for uploading a new game. I looked on this message board and found one thread.
http://tradecardsonline.com/im/forum/viewtopic/t=8702///
It said that instructions could be found on the faq. So, I searched through the faq, but couldn't find anything.
Where can I find these instructions?
Thanx,
Gil
forum_moderator

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:19 am Reply with quote

Hi, the thread you refer to is about how to upload your card lists, that is, your haves and wants, not the list of cards making up a game.

There are in fact no instructions yet for uploading a new game to the site, so I'll explain it here:

You need to gather the complete list of cards for all the existing expansions of the game, and format them in a similar way as it is required for new sets in existing games. You can see instructions for this on any game that does not have a Herald: just go to "search for a card", choose a game (for example, Vs. System), and click on the link that reads "Upload data for a new expansion set"

The exact data you need to provide for each card varies depending on the game you are trying to upload, but you always need to include the card name, number, rarity, and type. The next most important field would be the game text.

As the game is new and there is no section for it yet, you can't upload the new sets directly through the site, so you will need to send the text files to us by email. Just use the linke "Contact us here" that you find at the bottom of every page on our site.

Please let us know if there are any questions about this.
egilkinc

Canceled user

Subject: Instructions for uploading a new game   PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:38 pm Reply with quote

hey,
Thanx for the reply.
How would I go about adding images into the listing? Do I need to have all of the card images posted on the web somewhere (any suggestions?) and then add another column to the database with a link to the image for each card?
Or, is there some way for your website to host the card images?
Thanx,
Gil
egilkinc

Canceled user

Subject: Instructions for uploading a new game   PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:36 pm Reply with quote

hey,

In searching around, I see you have the card images hosted on this website. Could I assume that it would be possible to simply send you the images and have them hosted here as well? Would I then simply put a link in the database to the image?

http://www.tradecardsonline.com/im/selectCard/img/cards/NewGame/SetNumber/CardNumber.jpg

If so, could I keep my file names? They are not numbered, just the card name and set.

Thanx,
Gil
forum_moderator

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:35 pm Reply with quote

Yes, we host the card images, but they are uploaded *after* the card lists have been published, through a separate process.
That is, once the card set is on the site, we can upload images for the cards.

But the card images have to be in files whose names must be the number of the card in the set. I'm afraid we can not accept file names with the card names on them. They must be exactly the number of the card, plus the extension: e.g. 010.jpg, or BSG-015.jpg

Hope that helps.
sharkskinnin

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 12:36 pm Reply with quote

how would u go about adding new games to the site? i really want ot add digimon.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Welcome! (including Forum Rules) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: