On (accessible once you log in) you can change the info about you that we keep on the site. This info is necessary for the correct working of the services we provide. It also lets you configure other aspects of your experience with our site. There are multiple sections on your profile:
- Your Premium status
- Your data and options
- Your Premium options
- Your points and levels
- Your avatar and business card
- Your Facebook connection
- Change your password
- Cancel your membership
Your type of subscription
On the top portion you see the type of subscription you are currently enjoying and you have the option to upgrade it to a Premium subscription or extend it if you already have one. To do this you just select the period you want to get and press on the 'upgrade' button. Any period you acquire gets appended to your current one if you are already a Premium member. For more information about the types of subscriptions and their associated benefits click here.
Changing your data and configuring your accountOn this section you see your user name and the web address of your public page, and you can edit your data and configure your subscription.
To change your password you must use the bottom form. You use the upper form for the rest of data. This includes:
email address: this is the email address in which you will receive every communication sent from our web. That's why it's very important that you make sure it is correct. On this address you will get the automatic reporst on possible trades, and any message other users send to you. It will also be used to send you your access data in case you forget them and request them from us.
Important: If you change your email address a message will be sent to the new address with instructions to confirm that the address is correct and is accessible by you. If you don't visit the link included in the message before 48 hours, your membership will be automatically cancelled. Therefore, you must make sure the address you provide is correct, and that you receive the message and follow the instructions.
- Country: you choose here your country of residence. This is important for other users to know how far away from you they are and whether they are interested in contacting and trading with you. For some countries you can also select the state or province in which you live so that you narrow further your geographic location.
- The option "trade only with users in your country" determines the range of the search for the matches with other users cards. If you check it, only matches with users that live in your own country will be shown. If you leave it blank the matches will be searched with the collections of users from any country, as long as they have left this option also unchecked and want therefore to trade with users from every country. This options affects both the searches for trades that you perform on the site from the section and the automatic search that we make for you every day (and whose results, if any, are sent to the email address that you enter on this same page).
- The option "accept emails from non-users" allows visitors of the site who have not registered yet with us to send you messages from your public page. If you leave it blank only those people who have previously registered will be able to contact you.
- Configuration of the automatic report on possible trades. Here you can choose to receive no report (option 'none'), or to get it every time there are new cards available that you want ('all new matches'), or to get it only when the users who have new cards that you want also want cards that you have ('only mutual matches').
- The Premium options are only accessible to users with a current Premium subscription and are the following:
- Personal text for your public web page. You can enter here the text that you want to appear at the top of your public page so that all its visitors can read it. You may use BBCodes to format your text so that it looks nicer, or to add images and links. Please read the help about BBCodes here.
Your Merit Points and Levels
On this section you can check all the details about your Merit Points and your different Levels. It displays your current totals, you current Experience, Trader and Player Level, and it allows you to check the details on how and when you have earned your Merit Points.
It also includes information about the Friendship Points you have earned and the history of assigned and redeemed points.
Your avatar and business card
On this section you can see your current Avatar image and your CCG-style business card.
Your avatar is used to identify you on the site: in our forums, with your comments, and also when posting your achievements on your Facebook profile (see next section). We use avatars stored and managed at Gravatar.com so that you don't need to upload your image at every site where you want to use it. You just need to register on the Gravatar site once and associate your favorite image with the email address you have used to register on our site. That image will be used as your avatar here from that moment on (though it may take up to a day initially for the image to be available to us).
Your CCG-style business card is a special card image we generate for you with your basic data that you can use to identify you at other sites and to promote your web page here. You can choose the type of card you want to use and include an image of your choice. You can also choose to display your business card on your public page.
Your Facebook connection
If you have a Facebook profile you may want to publish there some of the actions you perform, and the achievements you reach, here at Trade Cards Online. This way your friends can stay updated on your activities and check your contributions to our site. On this section you can stablish the connection with your Facebook page and configure what actions you want to see published on your biography.
The first time you visit this section you will only see the connection button:
By clicking on it you start the process to connect your membership at Trade Cards Online with your Facebook profile. You will be presented with a login form, if you are not already logged in to Facebook, and then with a confirmation message where you grant permissions to Trade Cards Online to publish in your name.
Once you have granted permission to our appliaction, the content of this section will change and will show you a list of all the actions that you can publish on your Facebook biography. Just select the ones you want to showcase in your Facebook page and click on the Update button.
Each time you perform one of the selected actions in our site a note will be posted in your Facebook biography. This way you can let your friends know when you publish a new Card Review, or win a duel in the game rooms, or reach a higher Level, for example.
Change your password
It is important that you keep your password a secret so that nobody else can access your account, because you are responsible for whatever is done with your user name. On this section you can change your password at any moment. You just enter in the form the new password twice for confirmation.
Cancel your membershipIf you wish to stop being member of our community and give up the associated benefits you must click on the link 'Cancel your membership'. You will need then to confirm your decision by pressing the button you'll be offered on the next page.