The lets you search for other card traders with whom you could be interested in trading. You have multiple ways to find people whose collections match with yours in different ways.
You have three standard searches adapted to three different profiles.
- To Trade Cards. If you are mainly interested in trading your cards for other cards, then the first option is the best for you. This search finds those other people on the site who both have cards that you want and want cards that you have. This way you know for sure that there is a trade offer you can make to them.
- To Buy Cards. If you are mainly interested in buying cards from other users, then the second option is the best for you. This search finds all those people on the site who have cards that you want, even if they don't want any of the cards that you have.You can offer them to buy their cards, even though you have to understand they may not be willing to sell them, as they might prefer to trade them.
But you can also use this option if you have not completely updated your haves, or to find people who haven't updated their wants. You can then talk to them and see if you can reach some kind of trade arrangement.
- To Sell Cards. If you are mainly interested in selling your cards to other users, then the third option is the best for you. This search finds all those people on the site who want cards that you have, even if they don't have any of the cards that you want. You can offer them to sell them your cards, even though you have to understand they may not be willing to buy them, as they might prefer to trade them.
But you can also use this option if you have not completely updated your wants, or to find people who haven't updated their haves. You can then talk to them and see if you can reach some kind of trade arrangement.
Beyond the standard options for a quick search, you can also customize your own parameters and configure the search that best adapts to your needs. By choosing the correct values you can find the users whose collections best match with yours, depending on your interests.
The following is the list of parameters you can specify. You can combine any of them at will.
- Minimum haves: you can limit the results to those traders who have a minimum of cards that you want (that you have in your list of wants).
- Minimum wants: you can limit the results to those traders who want a minimum of cards of those that you have (that you include in your list of haves).
- Last login: you can limit the results to those traders who have logged in to the site during the last X days so that you don't get matches from users who are not very active and may take longer to respond to your trade offers.
- Include miniatures: if you also collect miniatures, and you have them listed at Miniature Trading, then you can combine all your collections and look for people in both sites whose cards and/or miniatures match with yours.
- Restrict to a single game: alternatively to the previous option, if you collect items from more than one game you may want to concentrate your search to only one of them, so that only cards for that game are checked for matches with other users.
- International search: if you have indicated in your profile that you only want to trade with people in your own country, all the normal searches you perform are restricted to your own country. Here you will have then the option to override this limitation and include people all over the world in your search.
- Search in a country: you may want to find people just in a single country, for example one that is close enough to your own. Or maybe you are planning on travelling there.
- Match own collection: you may want to combine your haves with the cards in your private collection and look for people who may be interested in any of those cards. If you check this option the cards in your private collection will be matched against the wants of other users, together with your haves, so you may find more matches. You should only check this option if you are willing to trade some of the cards in your collection, maybe for something you want badly and can not find a good trade for with just your haves.
- New matches: if you select this option, only new matches since your last search will be shown. That is, only new haves and wants that have been added (or modified) to your lists or to those of other people will be mutually matched.
- Exclude other users: you may want to exclude from your searches certain users that you are no longer interested in, maybe because your trade expectations or methods are too different. Just enter the user names, one per line, and they will not show in the results even if their cards do match with yours.
- Limit your results: you may want to limit the total number of matches that are displayed as result of your search. This may allow the search to perform more quickly and the results page to load faster.
- Sort the results: you can sort the list of users you will get as the result of your search for matches in multiple ways. The default option sorts the results based on a weighed combination of the amount of card matches with each other user, considering both haves and wants. But you may prefer to concentrate only on the number of haves or wants, o you may want to see first those users with more references, or who are more active on the site (who have logged in more recently). You can choose with this option the order in which the matching users will get listed for you.
The values you select for your customized search are remembered from one search to the next, so that you don't need to keep entering them.