Filling in you will get your free membership in Trade Cards Online, which will help you find the cards you need. You will have your own web page where all your colleagues and friends will be able to see the cards you have and you want, so they can offer you trades. And you will also have access to lots of other services.
The data you need to fill in are the following:
- User name: this will be the name by which you will be identified on the web and known by all other users of the site. You won't be able to change it later on, so choose one that you find attractive. You can only use letters, digits, and the underscore sign (_), and it must start with a letter.
- Password: it will grant you access to the private sections of the site. You should choose a password that is difficult to guess and that you can remember easily, and you should never share it with anybody else. Enter the same password again in 'Repeat password'.
e-mail address: here you must indicate your e-mail address, in which you will receive every communication sent from our web. That's why it's very important that you make sure it is correct. On this address you will get the automatic reports on possible trades, and any message other users send to you. It will also be used to send you your access data in case you forget them and request them from us. We will not reveal this address to any other user of the site to protect your privacy.
Important: A message will be sent to this address with instructions to confirm that the address is correct and is accessible by you. If you don't visit the link included in the message before 48 hours, your membership will be automatically cancelled. Therefore, you must make sure the address you provide is correct, and that you receive the message and follow the instructions.
- Country: you choose here your country of residence. This is important for other users to know how far away from you they are and whether they are interested in contacting and trading with you. For some countries you can also select the state or province in which you live so that you narrow further your geographic location.
- The option "trade only with users in your country" determines the range of the search for the matches with other users cards. If you check it, only matches with users that live in your own country will be shown. If you leave it blank the matches will be searched with the collections of users from any country, as long as they have left this option also unchecked and want therefore to trade with users from every country. This option affects both the searches for trades that you perform on the site from the section and the automatic search that we make for you every day (and whose results, if any, are sent to the e-mail address that you enter on this same page).
- The option "accept emails from non-users" allows visitors of the site who have not registered yet with us to send you messages from your public page. If you leave it blank only those people who have previously registered will be able to contact you.
Once you register, you can start using our site immediately, but you still need to complete an extra step to confirm your email address. This is necessary for us to verify that the person who registers on our site is the actual owner of the associated email address. It's a very easy process in which you only need to click on the link included in the welcome message we send you to your email address. You just need to make sure that you receive our welcome message and that it's not filtered out as spam. We recommend you add our domain name (TradeCardsOnline.com) as a trusted sender to your email client software.
Only after you confirm your email address will you start to enjoy the free Premium membership included with all new registrations.