Old News (1)
Check the current news on our home page
February 13, 2014: Increased prizes for our champions
As we have more and more participants in our monthly tournaments, we've decided to increase the rewards we offer as prizes: from now on the three top positions in all our tournaments will receive one more month of Premium membership. That is, one month for the third classified, two months for the second position, and three months for the winner.
Thank you all for your participation!
January 6, 2014: Improved Virtual Tables
I have improved our online gaming system and added quite a few new features to make playing much easier and much more fun.
Among other things:
- A door bell rings each time a new user enters the game room so that you know there is a new player available for a duel.
- Your hand has now a menu that lets you do 3 new things:
- Show your hand to your opponent with just one click.
- Choose one card randomly.
- Shuffle the cards in your hand.
- Show your hand to your opponent with just one click.
- Players' avatars appear in the actions window to more easily identify who does or says what.
- When viewing the large image of a card you now also see the text and details of that card for easier reading.
- You can now peek at your face-down cards so that you can see what card each one is without revealing them to your opponent or having to take them into your hand.
- Cards are now sleeved so that their backs are red for one player and blue for the other, so that you can know whom each face-down card belongs to.
- In addition to flipping coins and rolling dice, you can now play "Rock, Paper, Scissors" with your opponent.
I hope that you enjoy these new features and that they make your games easier and more fun to play.
September 10, 2013: Bring your cards to life!
Ancient Summoner is a new collectible card game that you can play online for free! And without installing any software or downloading anything. Just go here and start playing!
In this game your cards come to life and fight for you against the cards of your opponent. You can watch as your characters battle for victory for you!
August 24, 2013: Games Stats for all
Have you ever wanted to know how many games you have played in total on our site? Or what percentage of them you have won, or lost?
Now we're providing just that information for you on your public page:
Your public page now displays an abstract of all the games you have played, with all the info about how many you have won, tied, and lost, and also what your highest score in the tournaments has been and your highest rank too. If you have ever been on the podium, you can also see how many times you were the winner, or finished in second or third position.
And you can also check all this information for any other player on our site.
Check it out!
July 15, 2013: Another great ISA promotion!
From now until August 18th (the end of Gen Con) All non-sport cards are only $4 per card to grade!
All gaming, TCG, movie, entertainment cards all eligible for this discount! NO card limit! Orders over 50 cards get FREE return shipping!
June 20, 2013: Trade Evaluations
Each Tracked Trade completed on our site becomes part of your track record and tells others about your good trading practices.
To go beyond the simple fact that you have completed a trade and have received a reference, we are now setting up an evaluation system whereby each trader may evaluate their experience in each trade and give more information on how the trade developed. You can now evaluate each trade on three parameters: communication, speed, and condition of the cards. And you may also enter a short comment to support your rating.
These evaluations will combine into a reputation report that will be shown on your public page:
The report also includes the average time it takes for the user to prepare and send their items and the time it takes for the items to reach their destination, both for domestic and international trades. This is based on all completed trades so far.
So we have now yet another tool to gauge the trustworthiness of our traders, which will also encourage people to try and improve their trading skills so as to get the best evaluations.
Note: You can still evaluate those trades you have finished in the last 30 days, so we encourage you to take the time to give an evaluation to all those trades you have completed recently so as to help build these reputations on the site.
We have also added a couple of small features to make your trading experience easier:
- Pending Actions: On the list of people you are trading with, you can now see the actions you are expected to perform so that you can easily identify the trades which need your attention.
- Address Labels: You can now easily print the address of the other trader so that you don't make any mistakes when copying it. The label also includes your address as the sender, so you can just print and stick it on your envelope or parcel.
June 5, 2013: New ISA Grading promotion
Here is another promotion from the nice guys at ISA Grading:
Another grading promotion for you with a chance to help others!
From now until July 4th 2013 we are running our 7/4 promo. For every 7 cards graded at regular rice you get 4 graded for free!
The chance to help others? 10% of all orders submitted with the promo code will be donated to the Wounded Worriers Project! You get to enjoy our professional grading services and help those who have served! Use promo card "ISA74WWP"
All order must be postmarked by 7/3/13
May 8, 2013: Get money and Premium by promoting our site!
We could not survive without our thriving community of users, so we want to give back and let you take advantage of our growth.
We have just greatly improved the ways in which you can benefit from promoting our site and bringing new members to our community:
- Affiliate Program: we have increased the commission you get to a 50%!, so that you get half of what your affiliates pay for Premium memberships.
And you get this commission for each and every payment your affiliates make. For life! This means that you can keep getting money from your affiliates many years after you referred them to us!
- Friendship Points: we have halved the amount of points you need to get a free Premium membership! You get a month of free Premium membership for just 250 Friendship Points!
This means that you only need to bring a handful of friends to our site to be Premium every month from the points they generate for you!
Now is the time to take advantage of these great conditions, and bring as many new people as you can. Please check our Affiliate Program for hints on how to attract new users and to make sure you get credited for them.
Let's all grow together now!
May 1, 2013: We have winners!
We have winners for our April contest!
The month is over and we have checked our records for the users who have brought more affiliates to our site in that period. There has been a multiple tie at 3 affiliates each, so we have had to determine the ranking based on the number of Friendship Points those affiliates have generated.
And finally... the winners are...
- silverkp has won three graded Magic cards: a mythic rare, a foil rare, and a normal rare. And a year of Premium membership.
- lenceskymon has won three graded rare Magic cards and a year of Premium membership.
- plydjl has won a year of Premium membership.
Thanks a lot to all participants!
April 16, 2013: Anniversary Gifts!
We want you to stay with us for many years to come, and would like to reward your loyalty.
So we have decided to give you a little present as an anniversary gift for every year you stay registered on our site.
Every year, on the day you registered, you will receive an extra 15 days of Premium membership so that you can try again all our services without limitations.
For those of you who have been with us already for over a year: don't worry! You will be getting gifts for your previous anniversaries too! You'll get them one every day for each year you have been registered on the site.
Here's to hope that we will stay as a community for many more years with all of you! Thanks a lot!