main page of Trade Cards OnlineTrade Cards Online

The safest place to trade, buy, and sell cards

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
For those new to the game

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Fullmetal Alchemist TCG
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redlotus

Subject: For those new to the game   PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:55 pm Reply with quote

Unfortunately, FMA as a game is largely extinct, as the cards are becoming harder and harder to come by. However, for those who, like me, discovered the game well after it ceased to be active, I wanted to start a thread where people new to the game or interested in starting could come, ask questions, probe the rules, and basically learn the game. When my friends and I first got into the FMA game, we found the internet largely devoid of helpful beginner information, so I wanted to create a place to help those who want to learn this great game. So please, if you have questions about the game, join in, and I am those like me will try to help.
generic_soda

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:51 pm Reply with quote

I found an archived rulebook if you need that. While looking over it I found a rule that basically told me that I'd been playing a certain aspect of the game incorrectly for a while. I got a pretty good kick out of it.

Incidentally, if anybody reading has copies of Resembool Graveyard, I'd love at least one, two if possible.
einthedoggie

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:02 pm Reply with quote

I played the game minimally when it was out, but my friends and I tend to be collectors of dead card games, and as such, I've come into a large collection by various means of about 85% of the FMA game. I'm mostly missing chases/promos/transmutes/etc.

The best rulebook I could find is from like set 2 or 3, but it doesn't cover things like Philosopher Stones or Gate locations from the last set or two.
redlotus

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:32 am Reply with quote

I think I have seen the same rulebook as einthedoggie. It is unfortunate that I have not seen a rulebook with the newest additions to the game. I did, however, find this explanation of Philosopher's Stones at one point, which is worth posting for those interested:
First the stone gets played as a recruit action during your turn as if it were an advantage (though it can't be targeted as if it were an advantage) and just like advantages you can only have one copy of a stone in play but you cannot have more than one stone in play. Instead of command, you need to have the number of victory points won already before playing the card. (So a stone card that has a 4 in the corner requires you to have already won four or more points) To pay for any stone abilities, simply place cards face down on top of your stone card equal to the number in the red circle. Once all of a stones points are used up, discard the stone AND the cards on top of it once the ability resolves. (You can also replace nearly used up stones as if you would replace an ally during your turn.)
lazarus
Apprentice
Apprentice

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:43 pm Reply with quote

I believe the last version of the rulebook that was released was version 2.1 and it was only released as a PDF.

The rules for gate locations and stones were printed as insert cards for booster packs.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Fullmetal Alchemist TCG All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: