main page of Trade Cards OnlineTrade Cards Online

The safest place to trade, buy, and sell cards

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Kinka-Byo and Blue-Eyed Maiden

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> YuGiOh! Card Strategy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cityguy3156
Apprentice
Apprentice

Subject: Kinka-Byo and Blue-Eyed Maiden   PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:25 pm Reply with quote

With the new blue-eyes deck coming out in a little over a month or so, I'm about as excited as I can be for the Maiden with Eyes of Blue (or whatever it's name is this week.) One combo I've found to be particularly deadly is to summon Kinka-Byo to revive Maiden, and in turn summon a Blue-Eyes. This confused me at first, but according to Kinka-Byo ruling:

Quote:
"Kinka-Byo's" effect targets 1 Level 1 monster in your Graveyard and continues to target it while it is on the field.
SOURCE: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Rulings:Kinka-byo

The latter part of that ruling is what gets to me. Every place I've checked suggests that Kinka-Byo continues to target the monster after it's summoned, but I'm completely baffled as to why and nobody has a clear answer on that. Is there anyone here that knows why that is? Does it have something to do with the fact that he banishes the monster at the end of the turn? I'd appreciate it if someone could let me know.

In any case, thank you for reading, and happy trading!
heromaster
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:20 am Reply with quote

Kinka-byo continues to target, but Maiden doesn't work here like you think it does.

She has to chain to the initial activation WHILE SHE'S FACE-UP ON THE FIELD, and since Kinka-byo targets her from the grave she has no way to chain her own effect. Then after she hits the field she's just being continuously targetted so she has nothing she can chain to.

Kinka-byo's effect is literally just a more restrictive Call of the Haunted, so the same situation applies here. Kinka-byo/CotH targets monster in grave, monster gets special summoned and is now being continuously targeted by said card that special summoned it. Which by the time the monster is summoned, you COULD chain to the summon itself, but NOT the effect that summoned it as it's activation would've already resolved.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> YuGiOh! Card Strategy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: