main page of Trade Cards OnlineTrade Cards Online

The best platform to trade all collectible card games!

Miniature Trading
Let us find for you the miniatures you need MiniatureTrading.com

Trade Cards Online
Facebook badge

communicate randomly with people around the world:
throw a message in a bottle

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Responding to Trade requests

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Welcome! (including Forum Rules)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
czamora

Subject: Responding to Trade requests   PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:30 pm Reply with quote

I would like to voice a grievance against people who do not respond to trade requests. Although some of us may not agree with the trade offered at least common courtesy would suggest that a simple "No thankyou" would be better that no reply at all.
czamora

Subject: Responding to Trade requests   PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 3:48 pm Reply with quote

I completely agree.
It is very rude and they should have the decency to as you said, say "thank you"
czamora

Subject: Responding to Trade requests   PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 3:49 pm Reply with quote

Posted originally by kilalya:
I completely agree.
It is very rude and they should have the decency to as you said, say "thank you"
I meant say "no thank you" unless they are accepting the trade.
czamora

Subject: Responding to Trade requests   PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:21 pm Reply with quote

i would like to trade, my rarest cards are the legandary fisherman, umi, and insect Queen.the cards im looking for are great maju garzett, raigeki, and barrel dragon. P.S. i have the creator
czamora

Subject: Responding to Trade requests   PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:54 pm Reply with quote

I'll trade for the Creator. Check my Haves
czamora

Subject: No response trades   PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 9:57 pm Reply with quote

I found that some users do not receive the e-mail on a trade offer. They may not be a premium member and not have an e-mail section for messages. They may have to rely on their e-mail service for trade offers. Then the trade is at the mercy of who all uses it or screens e-mails, filters, parents and such. Sometimes it may be lack of knowledge and not lack of manners.
czamora

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:43 am Reply with quote

Whilst the points you raise are valid ones, in signing up for sites such as this one and others, a valid email address is required. It is also not necessary to be a 'premium' or paid up member to receive emails with respect to trades. If you look at the members of this site with the most references you will see that the majority are not paying members.

Perhaps the owners of this site could build in some facility for members to show that they will be absent for a particular period thereby giving potential traders the knowledge that their offer may not be answered straight away.

I suspect that there is no "Quick Fix" to this problem but for others to be mindful that if they sign up on these sites that there is an expectation that some response will be given to any offer to trade.
czamora

Subject: Responding to Trades   PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:38 am Reply with quote

Good points. I guess I view the problem in a different light. A premium member (paid) has the e-mails in a section and can pull all e-mails of a certain trader and keep track of what was responded to and what was not. A trader that does not have that service HAS to rely on their e-mail service. We have young traders out there that use family PC and filters are set, other family members use the e-mail, and sometimes they just don't check them and when they do some has deleted the message. Maybe we need a link that will activate when a trade has been offered and direct the trader back to their e-mail service? And the absent/away notification isn't a bad idea. But we can use the colored balls next to a traders name to see when they were last on the site and in turn "hopefully" last on their e-mail.
czamora

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:20 pm Reply with quote

Sadly, I am one of those people who don't reply to all of my TOL messages Sad . That is because I don't really like that you have to go to TOL to figure out trades. I like to reply to emails strait from my emails. I also wondering if there is a way to figure out trades easier on this site. So far, I havn't ineciated a trade because I can't send the list that you show on "look for trades" strait from there. It would be very handy if there was a way to do that.
czamora

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:32 pm Reply with quote

Sadly, I am one of those people who don't reply to all of my TOL messages Sad . That is because I don't really like that you have to go to TOL to figure out trades. I like to reply to emails strait from my emails. I also wondering if there is a way to figure out trades easier on this site. So far, I havn't ineciated a trade because I can't send the list that you show on "look for trades" strait from there. It would be very handy if there was a way to do that.
czamora

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:13 am Reply with quote

All you have to do is copy and paste. If you do not know what that is then do this: Using your mouse, click and hold the left button down to highlight (or select) the entire match between you and the prospective trader. Once you have highlighted everything let go of the left button. Then click once on the right button. Select copy. Now click on "your messages" and start (or continue) a new message with the prospective trader you copied the list from. Type in your subject, then press the tab button. Right click once and select paste. Now you should see the entire matching list. Just edit the list as needed and e-mail it to the trader. Hope this helps.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Welcome! (including Forum Rules) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: