main page of Trade Cards OnlineTrade Cards Online

The safest place to trade, buy, and sell cards

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Not sure where this card came from

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Pokemon
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ladym

Canceled user

Subject: Not sure where this card came from   PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:06 pm Reply with quote

Hi,
My familiarity with Pokmon cards is mostly related to the older WOTC cards.

I have a dark Marowak foil from EX Team Rocket Returns (7/109)

This card also has a "ex Team Rocket Returns" emblem on the lower right hand corner of the picture box. It is not a stamp, as it is also shiny.

When I checked this with what was in the DB here, the card had no such emblem.

So was this some kind of promo or give away?

Also, I was given a Camerupt (Team Magma) and an Electrike (Team Aqua) where the reverse of the cards have the 2004 World Championship symbol instead of the usual Pokemon, and Pokeball reverse for english cards.
Where these cards promos or giveaways at the worlds? Or did they come from the ?four? champion decks that were printed and released after the world?

TIA,
LadyM
rainbowrichards

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:10 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
dark Marowak foil from EX Team Rocket Returns (7/109)

This card is an alternate holofoil card from TRR. Every card in the set (with the exception of ex holos) is available in an altenate holofoil version with the emblem you described! These "AH" (formerly referred to as reverse holo) cards are found 1 per pack.

Quote:
Or did they come from the four champion decks that were printed and released after the world?

Precisely right! These cards are from the 4 Worlds 2004 commemorative decks that were released (and which cards are not legal for sanctioned tournament play).

HTH!
ladym

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:53 pm Reply with quote

It does help.
Thank you

M
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Pokemon All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: