main page of Trade Cards OnlineTrade Cards Online

The safest place to trade, buy, and sell cards

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
What is considered an even trade?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Magic: The Gathering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
physalis

Canceled user

Subject: What is considered an even trade?   PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:24 pm Reply with quote

So a day and a half ago I put up a 'Birds of Paradise' on my have list and people seem to be coming out of the woodwork wanting to trade for it. Given that the card is in such high demand, and since most price guides say that it's worth a hell of a lot, is it considered bad form around here to ask for two or three other rare cards in exchange (or is the basic philosophy that one rare = one rare)?
fallenangel000

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:18 pm Reply with quote

If the card is in high demand and worth a lot more than other cards, it would rip you off to trade for just one card thats worth a lot less.
nchantddragon

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:08 am Reply with quote

I'm a Yu-Gi-Oh! collector thinking about expanding into MTG. As a collector I will not let one of my cards go for anything less than what the fair trade value is for that card in the price guide. If it takes 4 or 5 cards to get my one card, then so be it. Or they can try to find one elsewhere. Stick to your guns and don't cheat yourself.
rahim

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:36 pm Reply with quote

Birds of Paradise is a good card -*cough-staple-cough*

It usually sells for about 15-18 dollars places I usually see. Now let's compare it to another rare...(off the top of my head from ravnica)... Crown of Convergence. It sells for about 2 dollars, and it's not that good of a card, so a good Idea would be to ask for a card as good as it, such as glimpse the unthinkable (also from ravnica) or take a slew of not as good cards. If that's your first birds, then I'd keep it if I were you, but do as you wish, it's not my choice.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Magic: The Gathering All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: