main page of Trade Cards OnlineTrade Cards Online

The safest place to trade, buy, and sell cards

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
some questions

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Welcome! (including Forum Rules)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
derelicte

Canceled user

Subject: some questions   PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:41 am Reply with quote

ive had some trouble with trades, as in the cards apparently havent made it yet, does anyone know what sort of problems the postal service can run into and how long it takes to get out of them?

2) what are the various reasons a person can be deleted from this site?
3) does anyone know GOOD websites for rulings, i use one powerd by netrep and the upperdeck one. but the dont seem to answer some questions.(cyber shadow gardna: does it always come back? if a card text says "send" cards to the graveyard from the hand i.e. sky scourge norleras, does any darkworld effects activate?)
4) with card text that are different specifically infernal queen archfiend: the DCR version says increase the atk by 1000 but does not say until the end of your turn like its later pack sister. so is there one ruling for both or does each have a seperate card effect? also later ultimate offerings have different effects than its predicessors. so which ones gain precedence?
5) and this one is for my friend: if a card says you can use its effect once per turn, can you use the effects on both players turn?(i.e. venom monsters, six samurais)
6) i know about the monster reborn restriction rule but a site i saw basically said its no longer in use, is this true? if not, then if cards are sent from the hand to the graveyard can they be special summoned again? is it limited to the word "discard"?
7) can you re-special summon (as in re-remove the monsters from play) a monster like dark necrofear while its in the graveyard after you have done the initial special summoning requirements?

if i could get some words of wisdom, that would be greatly appreciated.
-derelicte-
cord234
Guru
Guru

Subject: Re: some questions   PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:28 pm Reply with quote

derelicte wrote:
ive had some trouble with trades, as in the cards apparently havent made it yet, does anyone know what sort of problems the postal service can run into and how long it takes to get out of them?

2) what are the various reasons a person can be deleted from this site?
3) does anyone know GOOD websites for rulings, i use one powerd by netrep and the upperdeck one. but the dont seem to answer some questions.(cyber shadow gardna: does it always come back? if a card text says "send" cards to the graveyard from the hand i.e. sky scourge norleras, does any darkworld effects activate?)
4) with card text that are different specifically infernal queen archfiend: the DCR version says increase the atk by 1000 but does not say until the end of your turn like its later pack sister. so is there one ruling for both or does each have a seperate card effect? also later ultimate offerings have different effects than its predicessors. so which ones gain precedence?
5) and this one is for my friend: if a card says you can use its effect once per turn, can you use the effects on both players turn?(i.e. venom monsters, six samurais)
6) i know about the monster reborn restriction rule but a site i saw basically said its no longer in use, is this true? if not, then if cards are sent from the hand to the graveyard can they be special summoned again? is it limited to the word "discard"?
7) can you re-special summon (as in re-remove the monsters from play) a monster like dark necrofear while its in the graveyard after you have done the initial special summoning requirements?

if i could get some words of wisdom, that would be greatly appreciated.
-derelicte-

Hey derelicte welcome to TCO. Let me see if I can clear up a few of your questions.

On the banning question, members are usually banned for not sending their part of a trade to another user, and then that user reports them as a bad trader. There are also other reasons such as spamming, but I don't think that is your problem. Sometimes the post office runs into issues that slow them down, so give it time, some trades take a while, anywhere from 3 days to 3 weeks. Every now and then, (but this almost never happens), mail gets "lost" and is never sent the the marked address. That is why it is always best to use tracker mail, which only costs I believe a dollar more than a regular stamp or a protected trade, which this site offers. As for the rullings, here are a few answers:
Dark world cards must be DISCARDED, so any card that does not say DISCARD does not take effect, also, later versions of cards are always correct, and replace the previous missprinted versions. Therefore, the two infernal queens do not have different effects, they both do the same thing, which is however the newer version of the card reads. As for the once per turn rule, you cannot use your monsters effects during your opponent's turn unless the card specifies it, (EX breaker's effect can't be activated during your opponent's turn but injection fairy lily's can be because it says so.) Monster reborn used to only work on monsters that were summoned correctly the first time, and not discarded, and I believe that rule is still in effect. And once again, unless the ruling has changed, you are allowed to resummon special requirement monsters if they were summoned correctly the first time, (EX black luster soldier eotb is summoned correctly and then goes the the grave, monster reborn should work.) Anyway, I hope this helps.
derelicte

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:48 pm Reply with quote

so cards that say once per turn are not multi-trigger effects unless it says they can be used on your opponents turn.k . that was a lot of help, but the last one was unanswered. what i meant was if i remove 3 fiends to special summon dark necrofear and she goes to the graveyard, can i re-remove 3 fiends while she is in the graveyard to special summon her again? also what if cards are "sent" from the hand to the graveyard is it still a legal move to special summon it since it didnt say "discard"? as in sky scourge norleras. i looked into the protected trades but some stuff was still unclear: does both people get charged? which one almost never happens: the losing of the mail or the setbacks? i asked that because i have sent out quite few cards now on seperate occasions and they dont seem to have gotten there and it has been like two weeks, but i should have used the tracker thing.
cord234
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:05 am Reply with quote

derelicte wrote:
so cards that say once per turn are not multi-trigger effects unless it says they can be used on your opponents turn.k . that was a lot of help, but the last one was unanswered. what i meant was if i remove 3 fiends to special summon dark necrofear and she goes to the graveyard, can i re-remove 3 fiends while she is in the graveyard to special summon her again? also what if cards are "sent" from the hand to the graveyard is it still a legal move to special summon it since it didnt say "discard"? as in sky scourge norleras. i looked into the protected trades but some stuff was still unclear: does both people get charged? which one almost never happens: the losing of the mail or the setbacks? i asked that because i have sent out quite few cards now on seperate occasions and they dont seem to have gotten there and it has been like two weeks, but i should have used the tracker thing.

No, you cannot use the effect to bring it back from the grave. If it's dead, it's dead. And I'm nearly positive it has to be DISCARDED, because that is different from SENT. Also, the loss of mail almost NEVER happens. And for the protected trades, both users pay a small handling fee. Also, during the trades, did you send first or second?
derelicte

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:03 am Reply with quote

so there's always the (slight?) chance the person you're trading with wont want to do protected trades because of the fees for whatever reason they may have?
cord234
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:36 am Reply with quote

derelicte wrote:
so there's always the (slight?) chance the person you're trading with wont want to do protected trades because of the fees for whatever reason they may have?

Yes.
prosaic

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:50 am Reply with quote

But the banned users, they can register once again afterwards just by using another e-mail address and can start their bad business again. Is that true?
jason_brownell

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:31 pm Reply with quote

prosaic wrote:
But the banned users, they can register once again afterwards just by using another e-mail address and can start their bad business again. Is that true?

That's 100 percent true.

I saw people regitster on a new ancount and they even said that in a post if they are caught they should be banned again.
prosaic

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:04 am Reply with quote

But when you spam a lot and people report you for that, you just need to remove your posts. But after some time, that alternative becomes unavailable,or if it has been quoted. Should we just edit the post?? It'll still be a spam then,won't it Question
person

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:24 pm Reply with quote

jason_brownell wrote:
prosaic wrote:

That's 100 percent true.

I saw people regitster on a new ancount and they even said that in a post if they are caught they should be banned again.

not 100...i think...not sure...but i think that they ban the computers ip # that created the actount...so they would have to start a new acount with a different computer. yet again...i think.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Welcome! (including Forum Rules) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: