main page of Trade Cards OnlineTrade Cards Online

The safest place to trade, buy, and sell cards

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
my fight for a better tco...

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Welcome! (including Forum Rules)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
person_27

Canceled user

Subject: my fight for a better tco...   PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:59 pm Reply with quote

hello all, if you visist the yugioh general forum, than im sure you have noticed my current uprise to fight off spaming as well as ripping for ALL of tco.

tco is a community were we should all know eachother and be friends with no worrys that you are going to get ripped...

i have some ideas to stop this...

1st. tco has given us the opprotunitty to take comtrol of this by letting us deem what is inipropreate[sp?] the "!" encased in a yellow tryangle in ever post can be pressed to report the material. if you see spam flaming etc going on i beg of you that you stop it by using it...it works, i have done it several times...

2nd. if you see spaming or flaming, don't egg it on by continously replying to it, after someone[ENEYONE] has acknolged[sp?] that it is spam dont reply to it, let it "die" that should help clear the forums quickly.

3rd. plz dont make posts about bed traders etc... i believe it would be better to start a "chainmail" line the chianmail will start with the person pmimg a few people about the trader and letting them know its happening then after you recive the pm send it to more people so they can learn. but i do ask you leave a list of people that you have already sent it to so other people will know not to send it to those people when they send.

i believe that #3 will not only inform us of the bad trader population of tco but it will also decrese the number of rippings b/c if the "rippers" know that if they rip someong off that it is going to spread threwout tco QUICKLY it might give them incentive not to do it. also i believe that it will bring us together as a real communtiy by talking to eachother on a one-on-one basis...

these are just a few of the plans i have set forth to try to get tco to be what it once was and i would love to here you imput here in this forum, or in a pm to me personally.

thanx for your time...

person
johnsheehan

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:14 pm Reply with quote

I dont want spam in my pm box Evil or Very Mad I got enough to sort out for trades and once in the box its there forever there are over 500 different users on my list and to add the pms about bad traders is like a chain letter gone bad Mad if its spam just report it ------LET THE MODS TAKE CARE OF IT Idea ---- by reporting it as bad content they will decide. after all thats what they are for to keep order on the site.

When someone doesn't hold up there end of the trade first thing I do is report it to the site. (after all avenues of contacting them are exausted pm, mail letter to house with sig confirmation, post a note asking them to contact you on the forums without disclosing to all the reason) then I look them up, the internet is an amazing thing you can find just about anyone. I know I've had to track a few down. Everyone lives somewhere and who do you know that doesn't have a phone? I guess the main point is follow the site rules and chances are you will have no problems.
forum_moderator

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:53 pm Reply with quote

Thanks a lot to person_27 for his help in making this a better site. The first two advices he provides are very good. But I have to say number 3 is not a good idea, and could even be dangerous, generating spam in people's inboxes.

To deal with bad traders on this site, please always use the Bad Trader Reports. Once you have reported another user of the site, a skull-and-crossed-bones icon will appear next to their names, so everybody will know they are being investigated. So there is no need at all to send individual messages to everyone about that user. Everybody can already see the 'pirate' icon next to their names.
person_27

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:34 pm Reply with quote

alright i see the point with number three. it was just an idea.
prosaic

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:41 am Reply with quote

And to make the forums more agreeable to read, people should stop spamming like i just did Embarassed
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Welcome! (including Forum Rules) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: