main page of Trade Cards OnlineTrade Cards Online

The best platform to trade all collectible card games!

Miniature Trading
Let us find for you the miniatures you need MiniatureTrading.com

Trade Cards Online
Facebook badge

communicate randomly with people around the world:
throw a message in a bottle

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Bubble Barrier Jutsu 821

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Naruto
View previous topic :: View next topic  
czamora

Canceled user

Subject: Bubble Barrier Jutsu 821   PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:11 am Reply with quote

Target: 1 Jutsu being played
Effect: Negate and discard the target unless your opponent lets you draw 2 cards.

If my opponent lets me draw 2 cards, the only change will be that the jutsu goes to their chakra area right? Because according to Set 19 Rules, wouldn't the text of this jutsu be treated as this? -> "Negate the target. In that case, discard the target unless your opponent lets you draw 2 cards."

Am I right?

http://www.bandaicg.com/naruto/showthread.php?t=84910
deaththekid

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:52 am Reply with quote

It means the same thing, just not with all the extra text.
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:58 pm Reply with quote

deaththekid wrote:
It means the same thing, just not with all the extra text.

What my real question was that if they let me draw two cards, will the jutsu be negated or just the "discard" part would be nullified?
chibionineko
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:00 am Reply with quote

Effect: Negate and discard the target unless your opponent lets you draw 2 cards.

The proper way to read this is:

Effect: Negate and discard the target (This effect is negated if your opponent lets you draw 2 cards)

Side note, even if they let you draw 2 this jutsu still goes to your chakra area unless another card effect says to do something different.
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:12 pm Reply with quote

chibionineko wrote:

Effect: Negate and discard the target (This effect is negated if your opponent lets you draw 2 cards)

Side note, even if they let you draw 2 this jutsu still goes to your chakra area unless another card effect says to do something different.

What if I decide that, even if they let me, I don't or don't want to draw? Would that still negate the effect (of the target) or since they let me, regardless, it'd still negate the effect of THIS jutsu?
chibionineko
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:41 am Reply with quote

nejifan11 wrote:
chibionineko wrote:

What if I decide that, even if they let me, I don't or don't want to draw? Would that still negate the effect (of the target) or since they let me, regardless, it'd still negate the effect of THIS jutsu?

you are either trying to be sneaky about the rules or just overthinking it, to simplify, "lets you" equaates to makes you, if they choose to "let you" you cant choose not to accept.
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:54 am Reply with quote

chibionineko wrote:
nejifan11 wrote:
chibionineko wrote:

you are either trying to be sneaky about the rules or just overthinking it, to simplify, "lets you" equaates to makes you, if they choose to "let you" you cant choose not to accept.

Yeah, I think I overthink about things a lot and try to find loopholes lol Yu-gi-oh, I can't do that, everything is there, no loophole in the text or anything, everything is exactly what it says. Naruto, I find a lot, hence the reason why I ask so much questions lol Thanks by the way for always answering them XD
chibionineko
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:24 pm Reply with quote

In a way Naruto takes more after Magic than Yugioh from a rules perspective. Magic assumes you know the rules, Yugioh beats you over the head with them at every turn.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Naruto All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: